OSU Hall of Fame QB Pandel Savic Passes Away

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

OSU Hall of Fame QB Pandel Savic Passes Away

Post by Chieftain2009 »

June 12, 2018
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Pandel Savic, who quarterbacked Ohio State to its first Rose Bowl victory in 1950, passed away on Tuesday in Columbus at the age of 92. Officials at Muirfield Village Golf Club, where Savic was the Memorial Tournament’s general chairman emeritus, announced the news of Savic’s passing.

Savic came to Ohio State in the mid-1940s from Girard, Ohio, and Girard High School; this after immigrating to the United States from his home country of Macedonia at age nine. He was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran upon enrolling at Ohio State in 1946, having previously enlisted and fought in World War II.

A three-year letterman (1947-48-49), Savic was Ohio State’s passing leader in both 1948 and 1949. He had a fine senior season for the Buckeyes, who won the Big Ten championship for coach Wes Fesler with a 5-1-1 conference mark and then completed the 7-1-2 campaign with a 17-14 Rose Bowl win over California.

Savic, who was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame in 2009, is one of the founding members of Muirfield Village Golf Club and served as general chairman of the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide for more than 30 years.

Memorial services are pending.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports ... 18aaa.html

countywide35
SEOP

Re: OSU Hall of Fame QB Pandel Savic Passes Away

Post by countywide35 »

R.I.P. Champ!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am R.I.P. Champ!
Indeed. He had a great and long run. I was born in 1950 so obviously I have no first hand recollection of Savic's accomplishments.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RIP

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm very sorry to hear that. sounds like he went out doing something he loved. oddly enough I have never heard this name before today.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like a wonderful man to have known. and I bet he was a man of God.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”