Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by smurray »

With all the stuff that’s been reported in this debacle why no mention of the investigating team interviews of Meyer or Smith?
When did those take place??

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 am With all the stuff that’s been reported in this debacle why no mention of the investigating team interviews of Meyer or Smith?
As to Zach Smith, he faced the investigators this past Tuesday:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... s-attorney

As to Gene Smith and Urban Meyer, I assume they have been interviewed, but also assume they are under a "gag" order to discuss nothing about the investigation.

The fire/reinstate/suspend decision should come next week. Whatever the outcome, damage has already been done to the University's and Urban's reputation.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 am
smurray wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 am With all the stuff that’s been reported in this debacle why no mention of the investigating team interviews of Meyer or Smith?

As to Gene Smith and Urban Meyer, I assume they have been interviewed, but also assume they are under a "gag" order to discuss nothing about the investigation.

The fire/reinstate/suspend decision should come next week. Whatever the outcome, damage has already been done to the University's and Urban's reputation.
I don’t see how there’s any damage to Meyers reputation unless he actually did something malicious. I don’t believe he did, I don’t believe he did anything wrong period in this whole thing. Somebody trying to make something out of nothing.
It’s funny how none of these allegations against Meyer were aired until he actually fired Zach Smith - why not make the accusations when they happened in 2015? She saw her money (alimony/child support) slipping away when Meyer fired him, hhhhmmmmmmmm.......

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:48 pm

I don’t see how there’s any damage to Meyers reputation unless he actually did something malicious. I don’t believe he did, I don’t believe he did anything wrong period in this whole thing. Somebody trying to make something out of nothing.
It’s funny how none of these allegations against Meyer were aired until he actually fired Zach Smith - why not make the accusations when they happened in 2015? She saw her money (alimony/child support) slipping away when Meyer fired him, hhhhmmmmmmmm.......
Any allegation, just or unfounded, tends to follow a person around. Reference Greg Shiano and his "unhiring" at Tennesee as a prime example. Even Meyer carried to OSU a cloud of suspicion from his Florida days. It is not fair or just, but Meyer and OSU football will have a stigma associated with their names. It is the way things are in this age of social justice and social media.

I am with you Smurray in that the motivations surrounding the allegations may be suspect as more and more bizarre stories have come out. Yet I fear that the Board of Trustees will make their decision based on what they perceive as being for the good (reputation) of the University rather than the verifiable facts. We also have to remember that Meyer's investigation is an employer/employee matter. Rules of evidence and testimony as in a civil or criminal court do not apply.

I hope that Meyer is reinstated so that both the football program and the university can go forward towards achieving positive goals.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Longer this drags out worse it looks for urban and Tosu . IMO they are not letting a proven winner like Urb's go . Unless he was the one performing the DV . ( which he wasnt ) so they are not going to do crap to him. $$$ and W's talk louder than some chick with a crazy history who was married to an assistant . Biggest issue is Urban lying like a rug , but thats acceptable since he's top 3-4 coaches in america. Just the way it is .
Last edited by ManitouDan2 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 am Longer this drags out worse it looks for urban and Tosu . IMO they are not letting a proven winner like Urb's go . Unless he was the one performing the DV . ( which he wasnt ) so they are not going to do crap to him. $$$ and W's talk louder than some chick with a crazy history who was married to an assistant . Biggest issue is Urban lying a rug , but thats acceptable since he's top 3-4 coaches in america. Just the way it is .
Urban should have just answered with "No comment". To break down the question and his answer, there really wasnt a story in 2015. No charges filed, hearsay from a failing divorce. Was it lying? I guess it depends on which side of the fence you are on.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

His answer wasnt a big deal , everyone is so darn hyper political .. Now the assisant is a POS . But he's the one that deserves to feel the heat from this , not the HC .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am His answer wasnt a big deal , everyone is so darn hyper political .. Now the assisant is a POS . But he's the one that deserves to feel the heat from this , not the HC .
What was Urban asked at Big Ten Media Days?
If he was asked about an arrest and he said he didn’t know anything about it, that’s not a lie.
EVERYONE knew about DV allegations, how many times did she call the police! She would never do anything about it. And now her own mother says it’s false - that Zach didn’t abuse her.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

He wasnt asked about an arrest , he was asked about domestic violence involving Smith .

Zach didnt abuse her ? https://www.thelantern.com/2018/08/foot ... -to-abuse/

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Dont let your love the bucks get in the way of truth . And Urban isnt going anywhere . so just chill . They are not firing a guy like him for lying.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:26 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am His answer wasnt a big deal , everyone is so darn hyper political .. Now the assisant is a POS . But he's the one that deserves to feel the heat from this , not the HC .
What was Urban asked at Big Ten Media Days?
If he was asked about an arrest and he said he didn’t know anything about it, that’s not a lie.
EVERYONE knew about DV allegations, how many times did she call the police! She would never do anything about it. And now her own mother says it’s false - that Zach didn’t abuse her.
When McTurd asked Urban about the 2015 "incidents" the reply was as follows:

“I got a text late last night something happened in 2015,” Meyer said that day. “And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing—once again, I don't know who creates a story like that.”

I scratch my head when they said Urban lied. Hindsight being 20/20, he would have been better served to say "No comment" or "I dont have enough information to comment on that right now".

But I dont see where he lied. No charges. No police record of DV. Nothing. So where is the story? WHAT is the story?

There is still no proof that Urban knew anything. Tom Hermann's wife, who is very close to Courtney Smith (close enough to loan her thousands of dollars last year) even said that CS never told her anything related to DV or Zach abusing her.

Its all about money. tOSU should have squashed it at the beginning, but in typical liberal fashion they tried to appease the people that hate tOSU either way and entertained it. Maybe a good legal move that they did, who knows.

In the end, Urban will be "reinstated" if he did know and passed it along to his bosses, which seems apparent since Gene Smith called ZS back from an out of state recruiting trip to question him about the 2015 allegations. Who told Gene? It really doesnt matter since the information worked its way up above Urban.

If I am Urban, get reinstated but am told that I have to take a suspension, I would tell the university "thanks but no thanks" and demand them pay me the $40 million buyout and walk away.

Either you are guilty or you are not, there cant be an in between.

This entire thing has gotten out of whack. All because tOSU again doesnt have a coach's back and they are guilty until proven innocent.

It's bullcrap.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

If Tosu did their due diligence prior to hiring Meyer, as they should have, nothing that happened prior to his hiring at Tosu, should come into play on this issue regarding the Smiths.

Lying on media day was a big oops on his part but not something to be fired over. A 1 game suspension or a fine, very possible.

If Meyer did report this to his superiors as he said he did, then there is no a lack of institutional control on the part of Tosu and it's AD Gene Smith. This is where it gets sticky.

I look for Meyer to serve a suspension and possibly Gene Smith to announce his upcoming retirement. And maybe a reduced scholarship or two for the football team for the "lack of institutional control" item that I am sure the NCAA wants to stick on this whole issue.

Just my thoughts.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

im ready for all this to be over so we all can get back to what we should be talking about during the third week of August: OSU FOOTBALL!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

For the record, TOSU's Board of Trustees to meet on Wednesday, so hopefully the ordeal will be over by Friday so we can get back to the business of football fandom.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... estigation

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What if Meyer takes a 1 or 2 game suspension to save the AD? Just saying.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

I look for a two to four game suspension for Meyer and Gene Smith to announce his retirement sooner rather than later. Meyer will be back at OSU next year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Next year ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Reports are that Urban has made it well know that he will NOT in any way, shape or form accept ANY "suspension" if he is cleared as had done nothing wrong.

I dont blame him as it would be admission to guilt. They will either fire him for being involved in this (not likely since its common knowledge that he made Gene Smith and others aware of the situation), he will be back on the field this week, or they will try to suspend him and he will get his lawyers swarming like bees, make the university pay him what is due in his contract (around 40 million) and move on.

I dont blame him a bit. He either did something wrong or he didnt. No in betweens. If not guilty of anything he wants his name cleared and the acceptance of any suspension or punishment to appease these idiots that already hate OSU is not the way to go about this.

The push back from UM is definitely happening so I am assuming they have nothing on him from this investigation.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

lets hope this is true and we can put this in the rear view.......still a terrible situation for all involved

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Additional info on Meyer and G Smith meeting with investigators:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... -to-report

Return to “College Sports”