Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:30 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am even if there was bruising how do I know she did not do that to herself. divorces are crazy, I been through one 37 years ago. it's a crazy world out there. and then you throw money into the mix, and it can get crazy.
Oh Bait, I want to give you benefit of the doubt. I don't want to go into too many details but in my personal life I know how women are controlled and terrified. Do you really think she would inflict bruises on herself? To what purpose would she do that? I think this deserves a day in court and I'm willing to wait for that but tOSU can't wait for that. In today's environment, they must act immediately to insulate themselves and provide time for a proper investigation. I hope the worst is not true in this but we must believe it is possible until proven otherwise. Like i said, we ain't dealing with the Woody era anymore. Do you want to be the next Penn St.?
dazed, I have never laid a hand on a woman. and never would. nor have I ever committed adultury and never would. so please give me the benefit of the doubt here. and it is very possible to self inflict a wound, especially during a bitter divorce or break up. when money is involved. maybe I watch too much tv. but I don't trust anybody anymore. and you already know why that is in fact a possibility.especially nowadays with custody battles for kids. I think they all deserve their day in court. heaven forbid this actually was happening. if so we can't form opinion's we were not there. there is nothing worse than a abusive parent, or spouse. but nobody knows what happened, just trying to give another point of view, if that were a possibility.who's to say she wasn't hitting him or throwing something at him. it's just impossible to say. I have nothing for a man who abuses his spouse or kids. and have actually manhandled more than a few of them back in the day when asked. but that's way in my past. and nobody wants another penn state. and then you have the alledged abuse by an ohio state wrestling coach, penn state situation, and the Michigan state allegations about the gymnastics coach. I pray for the family involved. I think urban very well could become a sacrificial lamb here. and nobody knows all the details now but than couple.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm not on trial. Neither is Courtney. Zach Smith was fired by Meyer. Meyer is now on leave, under investigation. I am a fan of OSU football. But if the facts shake out that something was wrong with the coach and administration, let the consequences fall where they may. If not, great. But this will leave a mark, either way.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

alabama mike wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:19 am This is what I have noticed looking at this from an outsiders point of view and not being a fan of OSU:

1. OSU did the right thing putting Coach Meyer on administrative leave with pay.
2. It is obvious that Mrs. Meyer and other wives of coaches knew of the abuse from the text messages.
3. It IS NOT obvious that Coach Meyer knew of the most recent situation. He may have or he may not, that has to be proven.
4. Mandatory reporting is required by law in certain jobs. Mrs. Meyer is a mandatory reporter because of her job at OSU.
5. OSU and Coach Meyer are wise in not making any public comments until ALL THE FACTS are gathered.
6. Let the investigation runs its course before any decision is made to fire Coach Meyer. That seems to me what is taking place.

On a personal note, I would hope if something like this happened at Alabama, my home school, this would be reported immediately and dealt with, good or bad.
That's a pretty solid outside observation. Hopefully we will see a Meyer/Saban game come January

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't want to have to read about this. I don't want to have to comment on this. I want to talk about OSU football. I want to get excited about a possible run to a National Championship. I can't until we get past this crap. To pretend this isn't happening or it's some great conspiracy against tOSU is folly. We need answers, not radio silence. We'll let it play out. In the meantime, the clock is ticking. Recruits are watching. The coach WE HAVE is preparing for the season opener TODAY. Let's not talk about Urban until this gets settled. It's a new DAY at tOSU.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:02 am Oh.....also verified that Courtney Smith had shown up numerous times at the OSU practice facility and to events completely smashed (settle down Dazed....as in drunk).

By the time the powers at be dig up this woman's dirt, Zach Smith may very well look like a saint. She brought this all upon herself when she went after Urban and OSU. And frankly, if what is being reported about her is true in all regards, I hope they burn her to the ground for making such accusations.

Until evidence proves that these allegations were true and Urban knew about it AND covered it up, I will not take her seriously. If you dont like it Dazed, by all means, block me. But I think you are going to see a very disturbed and money hungry woman by the time they wash the white off of her story.
Wow, calm down. It's not personal. Let's see what happens with the investigation. I'm just saying an accuser has to be taken seriously until everything shakes out. If she is making false accusations, we'll know that, too. But character assinations aren't serving anyone's purpose. It's a classic ploy of defense attorneys. Let that play out. I'm saying though that this isn't going to end well for Meyer. Why EVEN employ a known abuser in the first place and then put yourself in a position of having to deny you knew there were problems with him. AT FLORIDA. And then you bring him with you to tOSU.
Nothing personal here and I am always calm.

I just tend to look at all sides of the story before saying someone should get crap canned. Given what is ultimately going to come out about Courtney Smith (That ESPN will never report btw) I think that the woman is a crazy drunk looking for a paycheck and its not too hard to connect the dots.

You are allowed to have your opinion and so am I. I agree that the accuser should be taken seriously, up until the time the dots are connected between her motive (money), the timeline, why charges were never pressed if he was beating on her.

Character assassinations will go both ways. She clearly had no issue going after Urban's character, the character of tOSU football program, etc. I see no reason why her character (which appears to be severely flawed) isnt a big deciding factor in this. After all, its alleged and her character, key witnesses, the Powell PD reports will all be heavily weighed in all of this.

Zach is probably guilty of trespassing. He should have never went to her residence. Thats my assumption, and that is the only charge on him hear. Nothing DV related is even on display in this court hearing.

But there was evidence of that and OSU acted accordingly.

No hard feelings here, but keep in mind the character of all involved and the motives. Not just Zach Smith's.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Anyone heard of Duke lacrosse?
Interesting story about the actual instance that got him fired, the violating the restraining order. They evidently had a mutual agreed upon drop off spot when returning kids after visits. He showed to return their son, she wasn’t there. She told him to just bring the child to her place. When he showed up she was waiting with her phone to snap the picture. Bam violation of restraining order. Find it kind of funny that Powell police are testifying for him in court case.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

alabama mike wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:19 am This is what I have noticed looking at this from an outsiders point of view and not being a fan of OSU:

1. OSU did the right thing putting Coach Meyer on administrative leave with pay.
2. It is obvious that Mrs. Meyer and other wives of coaches knew of the abuse from the text messages.
3. It IS NOT obvious that Coach Meyer knew of the most recent situation. He may have or he may not, that has to be proven.
4. Mandatory reporting is required by law in certain jobs. Mrs. Meyer is a mandatory reporter because of her job at OSU.
5. OSU and Coach Meyer are wise in not making any public comments until ALL THE FACTS are gathered.
6. Let the investigation runs its course before any decision is made to fire Coach Meyer. That seems to me what is taking place.

On a personal note, I would hope if something like this happened at Alabama, my home school, this would be reported immediately and dealt with, good or bad.
Alabama Mike, your post is well thought out and is concise. As you said, all we can do is let the investigation take its course.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I have to question the legitimacy of that Bucknuts article about her being a drunk. I did a search in Delaware county court and there were no records on her. In Franklin county she has two minor records speeding and ACDA which means assured clear distance ahead. In the article I thought it said she was pulled over 3 times but not charged and given a ride home, which could explain why it didn't show but anybody that has that many troubles as the article claimed will have a rap sheet a mile long for everybody to see. It is also not being verified by any other media source that I know of. If she misused 911 that many times she would be charged for that too. It all sounds very fishy to me! Not saying she is an angel either but I know there are a lot of zealous fans out there that will go to extreme lengths to protect their team. I do think money was a mitigating factor for her not taking it farther and pressing charges long ago, but it doesn't excuse the fact Meyer signed a contract saying he would report anything he heard. Maybe he did tell someone for all we know but he didn't do a very good job explaining it at the BIG conference. I find it very hard to believe his wife didn''t say something to him, if she didn't her and Urbs don't have a very good marriage if she is hiding stuff from him.
Last edited by cbolt on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

There are lots of people that drinks heavy everyday with major troubles and never gets into trouble with the law. Usually it's just brings family troubles that's kept on the down low behind their home doors. Something is not quite right about all these stories from the news. I don't know what to make of it just yet. Can't wait to see what the investigators bring to the table. Going to get interesting in the days ahead.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm There are lots of people that drinks heavy everyday with major troubles and never gets into trouble with the law. Usually it's just brings family troubles that's kept on the down low behind their home doors. Something is not quite right about all these stories from the news. I don't know what to make of it just yet. Can't wait to see what the investigators bring to the table. Going to get interesting in the days ahead.
Well if that article is true then the cops are doing a heII of a lot of covering up to protect her since she hardly has any record in court.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:05 pm I find it very hard to believe his wife didn''t say something to him, if she didn't her and Urbs don't have a very good marriage if she is hiding stuff from him.
I find it hard to believe that you would think that? :lol: That's not like you, Bolt. :lol: You are usually really skeptical about most women being loyal and honest. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well we have always heard they have such a great relationship like two peas in a pod. And to think Shell would actually do that. What else would she be hiding? What you think trench lol?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:57 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm There are lots of people that drinks heavy everyday with major troubles and never gets into trouble with the law. Usually it's just brings family troubles that's kept on the down low behind their home doors. Something is not quite right about all these stories from the news. I don't know what to make of it just yet. Can't wait to see what the investigators bring to the table. Going to get interesting in the days ahead.
Well if that article is true then the cops are doing a heII of a lot of covering up to protect her since she hardly has any record in court.
They can't protect her from showing up at Buckeye practices drunk out of her mind. :lol: :lol: What was she thinking doing that? :shock: Some people turn to drinking if they have troubles with spouses, but some can just handle it better than others so they don't bring more trouble to themselves. But this troublesome story is hard to figure. It will all come out when the investigators are done.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm Well we have always heard they have such a great relationship like two peas in a pod. And to think Shell would actually do that. What else would she be hiding? What you think trench lol?
You know. :lol: :lol: Something hiding in the barn somewhere. :lol: :lol:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My thing with all the claims about this woman. If she was showing up to practices drunk. Then there should be a paper trail that they banned her or Zack was to keep her away or other things. If she showed up drunk and showed herself then why did no player or anyone leak this. Why did they leave the kids in her custody. I mean from an outside point of view.

No matter what if either side is true and there is a chance both sides are a load of bull. But if either side true then something should of been done or there should a lot of paper work to document it.

And if they just pick up a coaches wife drunk and take her home what are they doing for the actual staff and players.

I have no dog in this fight but neither side of this story sounds right.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Meyer just released a statement stating he did report the 2015 incident.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Zach smith just stated he was contacted by Gene Smith the Buckeyes AD while he was on a recruiting visit in 2015 about the allegations. He stated the Powell police dept contacted OSU about that investigation

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ESPN backtracking now. Trying to justify in any way the way everyone on there network jumped to conclusions

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If that's true it should clear Meyer.

Return to “College Sports”