Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 pm
Gopher wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am Sounds like one "Buckeye Fan" has already passed judgement on some.
I believe in innocent until proven guilty, as well as being against these knee jerk reactions.

Guilty that I have been judge mental in the fact that I think she is just after money. Hard to argue, dont you think?
Was indeed a knee jerk reaction on OSU’s part.
She never did anything until Meyer fired him - very interesting timing. She knew she couldn’t count on all that alimony and child support.
Better go after Meyer and OSU.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

OR,

Did Meyer fire him because of what was coming down the pike and was trying to get ahead of it but it backfired?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 amAnd what a time for Gene Smith to take a vacation during all of this. How convenient
I find that odd as well. I just hope Urbs has some kind of proof he reported because like I said earlier ol Gene will not fall on the sword for him.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Meyer goes Gene needs to go too. Gene needs to go if Meyer reported it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Gopher wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:16 pm OR,

Did Meyer fire him because of what was coming down the pike and was trying to get ahead of it but it backfired?
Urban reported the accusations of abuse in 2015 but nothing to fire Smith for since he was never charged/convicted - nothing proved.
When Smith violated the protection order this year he was fired. Seems pretty simple to me.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:55 pm
Gopher wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:16 pm OR,

Urban reported the accusations of abuse in 2015 but nothing to fire Smith for since he was never charged/convicted - nothing proved.
When Smith violated the protection order this year he was fired. Seems pretty simple to me.
I'm in your camp. I dont understand why it's so complex. Oh wait....espn and every dumpster freelance journalist got wind of it and blasted a big story on a whim. That's what happened. And OSU folded like a plastic building in a tornado instead of having UMs back and waiting for the smoke to clear.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If I'm not mistaken this is the 14th day since they put him on leave and we still not heard a word. This could be either good or bad. Good that he has lasted this long or bad that they are finding a ton of stuff to sort out.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

do not quote on me this.....but I am thinking I recall reading the investigation team would have a report issued before this coming sunday 8/19.....if I am wrong I apologize in advance

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You're right countywide. I looked it up and they didn't count the 14 day limit they give until Aug.5. Seems odd they would give an exact date they knew they would be finished. :?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

WV QB coming to Ohio State didn't get his name.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Tom Hermann's wife states in an interview that she and Courtney Smith are extremely close, and not once did CS (Courtney Smith) ever say anything about being abused or see any signs of abuse.

They were close enough to loan CS money in 2017 because CS was broke (she and Zach were divorced and she obviously has tastes bigger than her alimony/child support payments would allow).

CS will have a totally smeared name when this is over. All this after her own mother took Zach's side concerning the alleged abuse.

Reports now say she has hired a defense lawyer who specializes in first amendment defense. That tells me they are expecting defamation if character lawsuits headed her way very soon, and so far rightfully so.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm Tom Hermann's wife states in an interview that she and Courtney Smith are extremely close, and not once did CS (Courtney Smith) ever say anything about being abused or see any signs of abuse.

They were close enough to loan CS money in 2017 because CS was broke (she and Zach were divorced and she obviously has tastes bigger than her alimony/child support payments would allow).

CS will have a totally smeared name when this is over. All this after her own mother took Zach's side concerning the alleged abuse.

Reports now say she has hired a defense lawyer who specializes in first amendment defense. That tells me they are expecting defamation if character lawsuits headed her way very soon, and so far rightfully so.
If nothing is proven against Urban Meyer or OSU (which I don't see how it could be) they should sue her. I think OSU jumped to conclusions and didn't have Meyers back and will owe him an apology for how they handled this whole fiasco....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

^^^^^true.

I see Meyer having a bad taste in his mouth over this. He will be there to push this team, this year......for payback. And then he will move on from OSU IF Gene isnt fired.

OSU (Gene Smith) has showed their (his) back in order to keep his own job. Tress was a gentleman. Urban will fire back.

OSU screwed themselves royally in how they handled this from the onset. No loyalty at all.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

may or may not get a conclusion in the coming days

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... d-finished

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I'd expect a 5pm friday news release saying nothing but Urban is the coach , Tosu isnt getting rid of him over this . No freaking way. He can lie he wants , he isnt getting fired for lying .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

what made my initial feelings of this situation change is when Courtney Smith's mother interviewed defending Zach and pointing out that she was disappointed in Courtney's actions of what she did and how she did it. Still a terrible situation for all parties involved.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OSU has announced the Meyer inquiry will conclude on Sunday:

https://news.osu.edu/university-shares- ... august-17/

However more tabloid like accusations against coach Smith have emerged:

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smit ... 8-17-2018/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Thats got nothing to do with Urban Meyer !

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It will if they can prove he knew of it happening. I doubt that will happen. Some of these stories coming from both camps are pretty ridiculous.

Return to “College Sports”