Per 11 Warriors

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... tive-leave

Thoughts on this development?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by Mister Bee »

ESPN also reporting Meyer is on paid administrative leave.

If he knew of this and so did his staff, as Courtney Smith claims, will OSU be forced to release Urban and his entire staff?

I think Meyer has coached his last game at any level, if what she says is indeed true.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm disgusted but also at myself. My first reaction was how this will affect tOSU. I think we need to focus on the culture and how spousal abuse is subordinated to the success of the football program. This is just as bad as what happened at Penn St. if all is true.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

On the various web sites many fans are screaming for due process, lack of criminal charges against Smith, etc. in support of Meyer. However the University must protect its reputation and they need a sacrificial lamb to quieten the deluge of negative public relations. Since the alleged sex abuse wrestling doctor is dead, Meyer and any of his staff implicated in this will be forced out. The phrase "for the good of the university" will have great meaning.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Come on dudes. These abuse "allegations" are just that.

It's funny that she didnt have a problem telling Shelly Meyer and Urban not doing anything in 2015....or 2016....or 2017.....or two weeks ago for that matter.

Why is Urban the focal point of her story now? Because the ex husband got fired (should have been canned 3 yrs ago for poor performance) and she lost her big alimony check. That's why it's a big problem now.

You dont think she knows where the money is? It's the money she is getting paid to put her lying face on TV and go after OSU.....the cash cow.

My problem in today's sports is people are guilty until proven innocent.

Word is that when Zack Smith goes to court Friday, his attorney has more than enough evidence to show that he never abused his ex wife. And he also has subpeoaned the officers that responded to all of the ex wifes calls and never saw one bit of evidence showing physical abuse. None.

Smith was arrested for violating a restraining order that any crying woman can get on a man if she can cry in front of a judge. He broke it to get his kids back to her because she would not communicate with him concerning transfer of the kids.

Nothing has been proven. All alleged including Urbans knowledge of the situation.

IMO, Urban will either be back on the sidelines by Tuesday or fired by then. If fired over speculation and alleged things, then Gene Smith needs crucified. Gene Smith fed Tressel to the wolves to clean his own hands. If they fire Urban without clear factual info, they need to also fire Gene. No big name coach would want to work under someone who sells everyone out.

This is nothing more than a financially strapped ex wife looking for a pile of gold.

Fridays testimony and evidence in court will be the deciding factor for all of this.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And sorry, but if this was that bad Ms. Smith should not have dropped all charges in 2015 if she was in fear of her and her kids lives. SMDH. And of course ESPN is eating this up like a hobo on a ribeye dinner.

Gold digger.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Let's be honest, folks... if this were Nick Saban and Alabama would anything even happen?

Also don't know why Day was selected as the interim HC. No experience. Would rather have had Schiano or even Wilson.

For those people comparing this to Penn St, I wouldn't put a domestic violence incident/allegation on the same level as child molestation. Just sayin.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Otto wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm Let's be honest, folks... if this were Nick Saban and Alabama would anything even happen?

Also don't know why Day was selected as the interim HC. No experience. Would rather have had Schiano or even Wilson.

For those people comparing this to Penn St, I wouldn't put a domestic violence incident/allegation on the same level as child molestation. Just sayin.
As to Day as interim, it makes sense. Both Schiano and Wilson carry baggage from prior coaching jobs. Ohio State cannot afford to create another controversy

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like the beginning of the end to me. I had a feeling when this first came out it could lead to trouble down the road because it was surprising Meyer would keep someone around that long if he had wind what was going on even if they were rumors. Usually where there is smoke there is fire. Meyer has always prided himself on ZERO tolerance for disrespecting women. He dropped the hammer down on a player a few years ago for that incident he had in a bar with a woman during summer break. I still think Earle Bruce is the only reason Smith has lasted this long. This reminds me of the Tressel incident. Things started out kind of innocent but eventually led to a full blown dumpster fire. If Meyer is lucky enough to survive this he will be on a really short leash.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm And sorry, but if this was that bad Ms. Smith should not have dropped all charges in 2015 if she was in fear of her and her kids lives. SMDH. And of course ESPN is eating this up like a hobo on a ribeye dinner.

Gold digger.
Do you know anyone who has been a victim of spousal abuse? I do. It's not pretty. The spouse is mentally manipulated. Spare me the he man stuff

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm And sorry, but if this was that bad Ms. Smith should not have dropped all charges in 2015 if she was in fear of her and her kids lives. SMDH. And of course ESPN is eating this up like a hobo on a ribeye dinner.

Gold digger.
Do you know anyone who has been a victim of spousal abuse? I do. It's not pretty. The spouse is mentally manipulated. Spare me the he man stuff
Spare me that you know the facts of "allegations".

Want to respond to the meat and potatoes of why all of a sudden Urban is to blame once she lost her alimony paycheck? Enlighten me since you know all the facts around this case.

And yes I know several. I also know several women who falsified stories to try and get attention and money.

Welcome to the world of money and sports

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Here is my two cents on the situation.. Urban Meyer cannot babysit his coaches and their wives in a situation. However, if Urban Meyer did know of the abuse and intentionally try to cover it up.. Then actions should be taken. I don't condone any form of violence.
But for me, I pass no judgement. I say let the investigation ensue.. Whatever they find...then drop the hammer or not.

As for the ESECPN reporting. You think they would be making all this a spectacle if this involved Nick Saban? Haha! I think not. Because anything that hurts the SEC hurts ESPNs bottom line on $$$ per SEC Network.

And that's my two cents..

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

If this was abuse then the child exchange between parents should never meet and a third party should be the one taking the child between parents. Knowing about allegations but were proven not to be true. So anyone can have their career ruined by someone with a grudge. Doesn't matter that the people you know that has been abused it is to judge this for what it is. OSU should or did do a background check for his name which the court cases should have shown up. To put the blame on others/Coaching staff is wrong. The AD should be held accountable also.
If OSU wants to get rid of everyone then Wilson should be gone with all the allegations made against him by former players.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Smith's ex-wife said in one interview she didn't know if Urban knew of the abuse or not, she did not know if Urban's wife told him or not(giving if she really knew about it or not). If something does come of this and Urban is let go look for Texas to be looking for a new head coach also next season.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Does not look good for Ohio State and Urban

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This is not looking good at all. Urban has been Ohio State's savior ever since he stepped onto campus. Nobody knows as of right now if Urban actually knew about the abuse. We do now know that his wife did, as Smith's ex-wife has proof in text messages that she told Shelley about the situation. I would hate to lose Urban, but abuse isn't okay, and if he did know about it and tried to cover it up, I'm in no way okay with that.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

If Shelly knew about the abuse and supposedly there are texts to back that up, it strains credibility to believe she didn't talk about it to Urban. If she knew and somehow didn't tell Urban, she is in violation of Title IX. She is an employee of tOSU. Either way, the BIGGEST problem is Urban standing up in front of the media in Chicago last week and doing his impression of Sgt. Schulz.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Gold digger.
Spare me that you know the facts of "allegations".

Want to respond to the meat and potatoes of why all of a sudden Urban is to blame once she lost her alimony paycheck? Enlighten me since you know all the facts around this case.

And yes I know several. I also know several women who falsified stories to try and get attention and money.

Welcome to the world of money and sports
There are police reports, document trails and pictures of her with bruises. Your attitude is why a lot of victims of domestic violence don't come forward. We'll find the truth but dismissing this out of hand is ridiculous.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

unfortunate situation for all involved

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “College Sports”