Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by Bleeding Red »

And I think that if all is cleared after the investigation, tOSU and UM should sue her @ss off for defamation of character. Make her be on life support financially the rest of her miserable life.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds like all the tall tales from boozing it up is going to come back and bite her in the azzzz. It's not fair that any college head coach takes the heat for other adults actions. Report it is all they can do! They shouldn't have to hold their hands to behave. College head coaches are busy and have lives too. They need to cut some slack on this rule, specially if the head coach don't witness the trouble himself.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Odd no one in the Columbus media has reported them Bucknuts stories yet. They did report the university never contacted her about the alledged abuse, which is also odd. I thought money was on her mind but then again why would she try to get him and Urban fired if it was ? It don't make sense. I agree trench we need to pump the brakes, probably more to come out on both sides. The big story here anyway is not them two, it's if he actually reported like his contract requires. If Meyer did report this I hope he has it in writing somewhere. I cant picture Gene Smith taking the axe for him. Bottom line is he should have cut ties with Smith long ago when he first got wind what was going on before all this snow balled. Him and Shelly even reportedly counciled them about their domestic problems when they were at Florida. So he knew they had problems for quite awhile
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/o ... 1351153794

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm Odd no one in the Columbus media has reported them Bucknuts stories yet. They did report the university never contacted her about the alledged abuse, which is also odd. I thought money was on her mind but then again why would she try to get him and Urban fired if it was ? It don't make sense. I agree trench we need to pump the brakes, probably more to come out on both sides. The big story here anyway is not them two, it's if he actually reported like his contract requires. If Meyer did report this I hope he has it in writing somewhere. I cant picture Gene Smith taking the axe for him. Bottom line is he should have cut ties with Smith long ago when he first got wind what was going on before all this snow balled. Him and Shelly even reportedly counciled them about their domestic problems when they were at Florida. So he knew they had problems for quite awhile
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/o ... 1351153794
It was a Columbus journalist (with a solid reputation) that interviewed both Zach and Courtney's mothers. That's when Courtney's own mom hung her out to dry.

And if you're waiting on ESPN to run that story after they already crucified Meyer, you'll be waiting a long time.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not ESPN but none of the Columbus TV stations are running with it or the Dispatch for that matter. I find that odd but maybe they will when more proof comes out.
And then there's this http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180810/d ... zach-smith

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That article might be blacked out for people who open it but it basically says Powell police are refusing to release a police report on Zach Smith for some reason. It says the case from 2015 is still open and was never closed. Hummm something don't smell right. I was also reading it wasn't just the wifey calling 911 but ol Zach was ringing them up himself. The plot thickens

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow! This gets more bizarre all the time. What next?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 am That article might be blacked out for people who open it but it basically says Powell police are refusing to release a police report on Zach Smith for some reason. It says the case from 2015 is still open and was never closed. Hummm something don't smell right. I was also reading it wasn't just the wifey calling 911 but ol Zach was ringing them up himself. The plot thickens
Its sealed because there were no charges filed in 2015.

OSU also apparently requested their findings back in 2015 and they were denied for the same record. Charges are public record. Findings to calls that are investigated and no charges are not public record. That's the difference.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Only problem is the city of Powell Police Chief has waivered on it being open or closed, but the city said the case was officially closed back in Nov. 2015 which would make it available for public record. Only open cases are exempt from public view under Ohio open records law. The article never mentioned it being sealed. Also something else very interesting is the county prosecutor said there wasn't sufficient evidence to file felony charges but don't know why police didn't file misdemeanor charges. She must have thought charges could have been filed but weren't for whatever reason. I still say something don't smell right and it's the Powell police that have the stench on them.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

This is the mother of all dumpster fires. Its almost as good as Big Brother.

AT THE RESERVATION
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:59 pm Only problem is the city of Powell Police Chief has waivered on it being open or closed, but the city said the case was officially closed back in Nov. 2015 which would make it available for public record. Only open cases are exempt from public view under Ohio open records law. The article never mentioned it being sealed. Also something else very interesting is the county prosecutor said there wasn't sufficient evidence to file felony charges but don't know why police didn't file misdemeanor charges. She must have thought charges could have been filed but weren't for whatever reason. I still say something don't smell right and it's the Powell police that have the stench on them.
There were no charges, so how is there a "case"?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You'll have to ask the city of Powell they are the ones who said it. Police are being so vague and secretive nobody knows what is going on. I am guessing anytime police are called to investigate it is a case whether there are charges or not . Only news I heard today was ol Zach got pulled over for DUI back in 2013. Charges were reduced :lol: Not sure that surprises anyone.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm Wow! This gets more bizarre all the time. What next?
This I guess: Zack Smith arrested for OVI in 2013.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Ohio-State/2 ... 0180813109

This just adds fuel to the UFM fire. Apparently Smith not suspended over this where as JT Barrett was. Did UFM cover for Smith because of loyalties to Earle Bruce? Are there two standards of behavior for athletes and coaches? Is this just a piling on distraction to the original accusations?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm
cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm Wow! This gets more bizarre all the time. What next?

This just adds fuel to the UFM fire. Apparently Smith not suspended over this where as JT Barrett was. Did UFM cover for Smith because of loyalties to Earle Bruce? Are there two standards of behavior for athletes and coaches? Is this just a piling on distraction to the original accusations?
Total non issue as far as Urban's future is concerned. Smith already stated that he did not inform OSU or Urban of the DUI.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Get Meyer reinstated ASAP - this is totally nonsense....

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Yeah he said it was a secret and UFM didnt know. Makes ya wonder what other little dirty secrets he has.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:25 pm Get Meyer reinstated ASAP - this is totally nonsense....
Totally agree. I also cannot believe the pessimistic attitude from some on here that are supposedly Buckeye fans.

They were ready to hang Urban from the nearest tree as soon as the "story" broke. Innocent until proven guilty still stands in my eyes.

That being said, the university MUST go after Courtney Smith after this is all over. I am tired of people who make false accusations and pay no penalty. That seems to be the world that we live in. If tOSU wants to make a statement, that is the one for them to make to set a precedence.

If I am wrong about the entire situation I will admit it. But every arrow points toward Courtney Smith being a gold digger. This was never an issue with tOSU before the money stopped flowing into her account.

Just another perspective- If/when Urban is reinstated, how does he view tOSU? Would he even want to continue coaching at a university that crippled under a shotty (at best) journalistic report of all of this without hearing the story? That seems to be the current trend at OSU. Gene Smith and the other powers at be DO NOT have their coach's backs.

And what a time for Gene Smith to take a vacation during all of this. How convenient.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Sounds like one "Buckeye Fan" has already passed judgement on some.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Gopher wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am Sounds like one "Buckeye Fan" has already passed judgement on some.
I believe in innocent until proven guilty, as well as being against these knee jerk reactions.

Guilty that I have been judge mental in the fact that I think she is just after money. Hard to argue, dont you think?

Return to “College Sports”