Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:09 am wow this is crazy, as for me. I have no opinion that I'd state publically until I know more details. but if I had a neighbor that the same thing was alledged of him i'd feel the same way. the wife may tell my wife the same thing. but if I see no signs of it, and nor do the police. how can they hold me responsible because I'm his neighbor.
The issue has devolved from one of is there evidence of actual abuse that would support a conviction in a criminal court of law to one of failure to report suspected abuse to the University or other appropriate authority. The key phrase here is suspected abuse. Urban was/is required to report even suspected abuse under his contract and both Meyer and his wife are required to report even suspected abuse under University policy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think money probably did play a roll but I also think Meyer knew something was going on. This didn't just start in 2015 it goes all the way back to 2009 when they were at Florida together. It was reported he was arrested many times for domestic issues but ultimately was never charged for whatever reasons. I agree with omega I think he could resign just to spare his wife the stress of knowing this is coming down on her.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I feel OSU did what they had to to stop the bleeding after this exploded on media yesterday. Yes, they are going to do an investigation but also probably keeping their finger in the wind to see if events unfold that will allow this to cool off to the point they can work something out short of firing Meyer. I'm sure they're on the phone to the NCAA and have legal counsel on speed dial.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

when it rains it pours

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well that sounds like a little opportunistic piling on.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Guess it was Urban's fault when Xavier Nixon as a member of the Colts missed the plane to New England for AFC Championship Game. After all the abuse he took from Urban at Florida.

You would think that the Florida stuff would have come out doing the investigation into the murders by Hernandez as well as the still open cases of murder in Florida. To find out what happened in practice Tim Teabow is the person to believe.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Here is a video just released that will add fuel to Urban's fire. I report, you decide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjM ... e=youtu.be

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Jake Stoneburner a former player and who grew up with Zac Smith in Dublin was just interviewed on TV said he was not surprised at all to hear of the allegations of abuse against Smith. Not looking good at all fellas!
I wouldn't put too much stock into what the Florida players are saying, after all they were pretty salty when he left them and its odd they come out now belly aching right after this happened. Now if Ohio State players start doing that, look out!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:13 pm Jake Stoneburner a former player and who grew up with Zac Smith in Dublin was just interviewed on TV said he was not surprised at all to hear of the allegations of abuse against Smith. Not looking good at all fellas!
I wouldn't put too much stock into what the Florida players are saying, after all they were pretty salty when he left them and its odd they come out now belly aching right after this happened. Now if Ohio State players start doing that, look out!
The video in question is from a fairly reputable source, Project Veritas. If there is a shred of truth in the accusations, Urban is gone, and likely, Gene Smith, the AD.
The allegations make it look like Urban should never had been hired and that the Athletic Department put winning football and money over character.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He's close to being done! The ice is cracking quick, I'd say hes going down. He's Kinda going through what Joe Pa did. They didn't see it themselves but expected to do something. I think they expect head coaches to hold the bad apples hands 24hrs a day to keep them out of trouble. Bunch of Bull(it if ya ask me! If you don't see and witness something yourself all you can do is go up the chain of command and tell what you heard. But ole Urban is weird acting at times imo, so I kinda believe the boys from Florida and what went on there.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hope it goes away !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

To me this a culture thing. We don’t know that Urbana wife didn’t tell whoever she was supposed to. We don’t know that urban didn’t necessarily do what he was supposed to do. We don’t know that there was no evidence of abuse and the police didn’t turn there heads to protect the football teams.

It is a sad situation but it has gotten to the point in major college sports if your a head coach you almost have to go on TV when you even here a allegation and say we are suspending so and so until something is investigated and make the media hold people feet to the fire.

No matter what happens this is sad. The same way joe paterno was disgraced. And the thing is people will only remember these headlines not what eventually happens.

Hardly anyone knows that paterno had wins reinstated there was proof on two different occasions he had brought up that Sandusky needed investigated and he was told it was handled or nothing there. Should he of none better yes.

Same here did urban really not do his job. I am not sure it really matters now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Myers goes I become a Michigan fan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Oh man when will this ever stop?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 pm If Myers goes I become a Michigan fan.
I did something of this nature after how they went about dealing with the problem at Penn State. Ruined it for me. I have no College team now that I truly like, but kinda like those mountain pine tree boys. Washington Huskies. Might go see a game up there sometime, and stay for a few days after and look at the beauty Washington offers. Heck, who knows, might see a Sasquatch or two as well, while out taking in the scenery. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 pm If Myers goes I become a Michigan fan.
OK noreply, step back from the ledge. :)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Courtney Smith is a serious drunk and her story had more holes than a pasta strainer. Lots of information about her came out this evening.

Including her being a drunk and having 3 recent DUIs
She called 911 66 times in 90 days. All false accusations and zero evidence. To the point that the Powell PD stopped responding to her calls.

Told authorities numerous times that Zach was chasing her. Turns out she was again DRUNK when the cops showed up and Zach wasnt even there. He had been at the OSU practice facility all day.

It goes on and on.

And as far as you Dazed- dont think for a second she wasnt paid to get in front of the camera. And dont think that she isnt after a civil suit against OSU. Gold digger. Why you cant connect the dots is beyond me.

All that info and much, much more to be released by Zach Smith's attorneys in court tomorrow.

She should move to Michigan and date their coaches. Cause we all know they cant beat anyone from Ohio.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Rumor out of Columbus is she is shopping her story for 6 figures. She has never worked and has been living off alimony.

Return to “College Sports”