WVU Postpones Football Fan Day Over Hand, Foot And Mouth Disease Outbreak

Omega
SEOPS H

WVU Postpones Football Fan Day Over Hand, Foot And Mouth Disease Outbreak

Post by Omega »

Excerpt from KDKA TV:

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (KDKA) — West Virginia University has postponed its Fan Day with the Mountaineer football team over an outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease.

Fan Day was initially scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

The WVU Athletic Department says five cases of hand, foot and mouth disease have been identified within the school’s football program.

Because the disease is highly contagious, the Athletic Department says it is in “the best interest of the general public to postpone the event.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08 ... h-disease/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: WVU Postpones Football Fan Day Over Hand, Foot And Mouth Disease Outbreak

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I recall reading about a couple MLB players that broke out with this in the last month as well.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I think the Head Coach, Trainers, and Doctors should be put on Administrative Leave. How dare them to allow these boys to get this disease. I think ESPN should run a story and they put a panel together and get to the bottom of this. This is CRAZY!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

baseball16 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:47 pm I think the Head Coach, Trainers, and Doctors should be put on Administrative Leave. How dare them to allow these boys to get this disease. I think ESPN should run a story and they put a panel together and get to the bottom of this. This is CRAZY!
Yeah, administrative leaves are in order for all the powers that be in this situation (sarcasm).

The HFM disease is contagious but it is also common and not a public health threat. I commend WVU for being proactive but I suspect virtue signaling may be in play given the SJW's in the press corps. WVU does not need the bad PR.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”