Revised Expectations for Ohio State Football in 2018

Omega
SEOPS H

Revised Expectations for Ohio State Football in 2018

Post by Omega »

Assuming the Urban Meyer saga is indeed settled, have your expectations changed regarding the outcome of the 2018 Buckeye football season?

Will we see an angry team hell bent on winning a championship for their martyred coach?

Will we see a team that stumbles to 5 or 6 losses because they feel betrayed by their coach?

Something in between ?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Revised Expectations for Ohio State Football in 2018

Post by Bleeding Red »

Why would they feel "betrayed" by their coach?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Yeah I'm with Bleeding Red. I don't see that either..... I think they will have a good season. Maybe 1 lose, maybe undefeated.

AT THE RESERVATION
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

They are his players. They will play for him no matter what. I do think they may have an us-against-the-world mentality. May be some truth to that. They will play with an edge but other side of coin is now they are the most hated program in college football. They better bring their A game every week.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

they'll play hard.....they are 4/5star athletes that are NFL bound......this is a good time to show what they do when faced with adversity , and in this case the adversity is off the field matters. shows maturity and NFL organizations they can handle the stardom and money that comes with being drafted.......I believe these student-athletes will come out, play OSU football, and not divert from the path and goals set.........good teams and national champions are won by overcoming adversity.....look at our 2014 national champions.....clear to the third string QB....at a crucial time...the team up north week, BIG10 Championship game, CFP 1st round, then onto the National title game....and we prevailed....now, the 2018 version of the bucks are faced with a different type adversity and at a different time.....they will come overcome this.....the past is the past now.....they have made their adjustments.....and time to move on and execute, which I see them doing.....lets go bucks!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I agree with Dazed and the others. The type of athletes, and more importantly the quality of coaches on this staff will be laser focused on what they need to do every rep in practice to improve.

If you have not watched the quick clip of Greg Schiano during a practice getting the team fired up with a "Us against the world" tirade during a practice, its a good one to check out.

I think if anything, after UM was found of essentially no "wrong doing" and only "Not doing more than the minimum" regarding the DV allegations, this team will be even more gassed up and ready to go for their coach.

Every member on that staff was recruited and hand picked by Urban. They have respect and faith in him and the staff or they would not have chosen tOSU.

Everyone stand back.....this team is going to blow the top off.

Luckily, I think Kevin Wilson gets this offense very balanced with an extremely good passing attack as well as having Weber and Dobbins on the running game. When UM returns, the offense should be a well oiled machine putting up sick stats.

Joey Galloway made this statement after watching some practices- They are going to win the Big Ten and compete for the Nation title with or without Urban, because THIS team and staff is THAT good.

He said this was more than likely the most talented group of football players tOSU has ever had on the field, especially on offense, with a laser focus and proven group of coaches leading the way.

Look out.

Go Bucks.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

One good thing about this suspension is we will find out how Wilson can run an offense without UFM around. Some on here have theorized the offense would be better off if Meyer didn't cuff his hands so much. Well no excuses the proof will be in the pudding now! I expect to see buku points being put up.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Let's see what happens vs TCU.....
Last edited by OHHS old timer on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Let's see what happens vs TCU.....just thinking out loud

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Go buckeyes. Big ten and national championship

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 pm Let's see what happens vs TCU.....just thinking out loud
This will be early season focus. They'll blow TCU off the field. More worried about Penn St.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:38 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 pm Let's see what happens vs TCU.....just thinking out loud
This will be early season focus. They'll blow TCU off the field. More worried about Penn St.
I agree about Penn State. Trace McSorely is dangerous at QB. A gunslinger with ice water in his veins.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Herbie got the Lions winning the BIG mainly cause they got the Bucks at home.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The B1G East is a tough division. Quite possibly the toughest in football.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

no revised expectations in my mind......good teams overcome adversity and see the bucks doing just that.....Drive onto the CFP.....game time is almost here......lets go bucks!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “College Sports”