WEEK 2 RUTGERS @ OHIO STATE, YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: WEEK 2 RUTGERS @ OHIO STATE, YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

Post by Omega »

TOSU 52-3. Great offensive stats, defense looked better but meh, it was only Rutgers. We still do not know if State is a contender or pretender. Next week's game versus TCU will be interesting.

On a side note, only 93,000 showed up at the horseshoe, breaking TOSU's 16 year streak of games with 100,000 in attendance.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... st-rutgers

Also, the victory marked Ohio State's 900th win.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... g-michigan

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Burreaux starting out good vs SE louisiana...td pass and run. LSU 14-0 start of 2nd qtr.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I brought up there are better FCS teams than some FBS because someone said... at least there aren't any fcs teams on our schedule... That's the only reason I said anything.
Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 am
Raiderball wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 am Their are fcs teams that would be better competition than Oregon St and Rutgers.
Omega wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 am

At least State does not have any FCS (1-AA) teams on the schedule.

As to SUNJ, Bucks should roll 42-24. As a former Buckeye coach is head coach at Rutgers, State will not embarrass the Scarlet Knights.
Idk why you and other people mention how some FCS teams are better competition than Rutgers, you can't really do anything about who is in your conference. But, since you guys go there, at least they aren't playing Alabama State, Austin Peay, UMass, East Tennessee State, The Citadel, Southeast Louisiana, and a bunch more teams like that, that the top tier SEC teams play.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:20 pm I brought up there are better FCS teams than some FBS because someone said... at least there aren't any fcs teams on our schedule... That's the only reason I said anything.
Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 am
Raiderball wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 am Their are fcs teams that would be better competition than Oregon St and Rutgers.

Idk why you and other people mention how some FCS teams are better competition than Rutgers, you can't really do anything about who is in your conference. But, since you guys go there, at least they aren't playing Alabama State, Austin Peay, UMass, East Tennessee State, The Citadel, Southeast Louisiana, and a bunch more teams like that, that the top tier SEC teams play.
You are correct Raider in that there are quality FCS (1-AA) teams. James Madison, North Dakota State, and the Samford's of the world would be competitive against most FBS teams. With the 85 scholarship limit for the FBS schools, talent is more available to the little guys. Add in some quality coaching and facilities, the FCS schools can and do beat a big school on occasion.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”