Week 3 Ohio State @ TCU, Your Thoughts Here Please

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 3 Ohio State @ TCU, Your Thoughts Here Please

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 am From the TCU forums (247 sports)-

TCU fans think that they are MUCH faster overall than tOSU. Much talk about how Oklahoma, WVU and Ok State are the real tests on their schedule this year.

Here is to a good ole fashioned butt kicking come Saturday night. While I agree that TCU has speed on the outside at the skill positions on offense, good luck handling Bosa and Young on the edge. Look for Jones and Landers to have big games in the middle D line when TCU is forced to double team Bosa and Young, or both, on obvious passing downs.

One thing is certain- TCU has a very good coaching staff and we will find out Saturday night how good our LB's can cover in space and how good the D secondary is with Fuller back in the lineup. They will be tested, especially the crossing routes that force the LB's to cover speedy slot receivers.

Shawn Robinson is a pretty good dual threat QB. He can do things to keep tOSU's defense off balance if the front 5 cant get to him early and often. Not sure he can take too many hits from 97 and 2 but hopefully they get a few shots on him early on.

I am sure this Ohio State team has been looking at this game since spring ball. They know it will be a test and will come out hard and fast. If Haskins and the O line can continue what they have done weeks 1 and 2, this game could get away from TCU very quickly. They cant afford to let TCU hang around since it is essentially a home game for them.

Go Bucks!
I agree red. the bucks are looking forward to this as a statement game. and the whole nation will be watching. I had a very strange thought after last weeks game. do the buckeyes lose a step after this week when urban takes back the steerin wheel. coach day is doing a superlative job. and how do the buckeyes feel about their coach after all this. we have an amazing defense. hopefully coach leaves the offensive play calling to coach day. if you think about our staff it is one you surely want to see stay together. besides urban who has a superlative resume. with multiple national championships. you have kevin Wilson and greg schianno who both have been successful head coaches, coach day, who has lit it up. and larry Johnson, who after a lifetime coaching at penn state has brought his talents to osu, and in my opinion is the defensive line whisperer. and he would be right at home on any pro staff. so man if we can keep this group together, and everybody keep their nose clean, the sky could be the limits for the buckeyes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Great post red! I still think this will be decided by the defence...which one shows up. Am sticking with 31-27 bucks

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

TCU fans think that they are MUCH faster overall than tOSU. Much talk about how Oklahoma, WVU and Ok State are the real tests on their schedule this year.

Here is to a good ole fashioned butt kicking come Saturday night. While I agree that TCU has speed on the outside at the skill positions on offense, good luck handling Bosa and Young on the edge. Look for Jones and Landers to have big games in the middle D line when TCU is forced to double team Bosa and Young, or both, on obvious passing downs.

One thing is certain- TCU has a very good coaching staff and we will find out Saturday night how good our LB's can cover in space and how good the D secondary is with Fuller back in the lineup. They will be tested, especially the crossing routes that force the LB's to cover speedy slot receivers.

Shawn Robinson is a pretty good dual threat QB. He can do things to keep tOSU's defense off balance if the front 5 cant get to him early and often. Not sure he can take too many hits from 97 and 2 but hopefully they get a few shots on him early on.

I am sure this Ohio State team has been looking at this game since spring ball. They know it will be a test and will come out hard and fast. If Haskins and the O line can continue what they have done weeks 1 and 2, this game could get away from TCU very quickly. They cant afford to let TCU hang around since it is essentially a home game for them.

Go Bucks!
I bet this is a home game for TCU in travel distance only. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't at least 50/50 for OSU.

LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

30-27 bucks. This one is closer than most think

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 am

Go Bucks!
I agree red. the bucks are looking forward to this as a statement game. and the whole nation will be watching. I had a very strange thought after last weeks game. do the buckeyes lose a step after this week when urban takes back the steerin wheel. coach day is doing a superlative job. and how do the buckeyes feel about their coach after all this. we have an amazing defense. hopefully coach leaves the offensive play calling to coach day. if you think about our staff it is one you surely want to see stay together. besides urban who has a superlative resume. with multiple national championships. you have kevin Wilson and greg schianno who both have been successful head coaches, coach day, who has lit it up. and larry Johnson, who after a lifetime coaching at penn state has brought his talents to osu, and in my opinion is the defensive line whisperer. and he would be right at home on any pro staff. so man if we can keep this group together, and everybody keep their nose clean, the sky could be the limits for the buckeyes.
Also intrigued by your post. Meyer is a CEO, not a hands on coach. Meyer is a master recruiter, not a developer of talent. Meyer has assembled a good staff which has proven itself in the first two games with a chance of a quality win against TCU. When Meyer returns, like Bait questioned, I wonder if Meyer will let his coaches coach or revert back to the offense we have seen for the last three years?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 am

Go Bucks!
Also intrigued by your post. Meyer is a CEO, not a hands on coach. Meyer is a master recruiter, not a developer of talent. Meyer has assembled a good staff which has proven itself in the first two games with a chance of a quality win against TCU. When Meyer returns, like Bait questioned, I wonder if Meyer will let his coaches coach or revert back to the offense we have seen for the last three years?
Good point. But I think that nothing has happened without Urbans stamp of approval. Granted that Day has done an AMAZING job and I am impressed in his demeanor and how he has handled himself. Unfortunately there is no possible way Day can earn enough at OSU to stick around unless he is being named as Urbans predecessor behind closed doors (and even though it early to say that it wouldn't be a bad idea).

Having played sports through high school and college and also coaching myself, the head coach is only as good as his assistants who are teaching the players fundamentals and schemes. A great coach with poor assistants will get poor results and a poor coach with great assistants will look like gold.

Urban is a great coach in what a great coach is supposed to do. Recruit top talent, put together a staff that can teach and hold them accountable.

Haskins is the QB we need(ed). Urban plays the offense to fit the QB. We know he loves the dual threat QBs because he has a love for the zone read offense that he basically modified as his own version. It was unstoppable when he first came into the B1G because it gave the opposing D coordinators fits. Now that it has been seen for 5 years they know how to slow it down. As seen with Clemson, MSU, etc who loads the box to stop the run and force the pass. Dont have a good passing QB and its toast.

Urban has or has been sort of forced to turn the offensive keys over to Day and Wilson who LOVE a guy like Haskins and backs like Weber and Dobbins. They have a wide open playbook.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great post red.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bait..this was our conversation on the OSU schedule from back in April....I still hold to this..... if the bucks will come out and jar the horned frogs to the bone every snap for four quarters of football I say before they land back in Columbus TCU AD will have a note come across his desk saying "you are welcome for the pay-day, but don't ever schedule them buckeyes again!"

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 pm Bait..this was our conversation on the OSU schedule from back in April....I still hold to this..... if the bucks will come out and jar the horned frogs to the bone every snap for four quarters of football I say before they land back in Columbus TCU AD will have a note come across his desk saying "you are welcome for the pay-day, but don't ever schedule them buckeyes again!"
Put the pedal to the metal and don't let up!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 pm Bait..this was our conversation on the OSU schedule from back in April....I still hold to this..... if the bucks will come out and jar the horned frogs to the bone every snap for four quarters of football I say before they land back in Columbus TCU AD will have a note come across his desk saying "you are welcome for the pay-day, but don't ever schedule them buckeyes again!"
Agreed. I dont want to see Martell unless we are up by 40 in the first half lol.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm
Agreed. I dont want to see Martell unless we are up by 40 in the first half lol.
Amen!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I REMEMBER YOU SAYING THAT NOW COUNTY. AND I HOPE YOU ARE SPOT ON BROTHER.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OSU by 15

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Haskins doesn't run much being a pro style qb so to me the o-line will be the key if he's pressured or not and forced to get out of his element in the pocket. In a few hours we will see.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Buckeyes 45-35

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LET'S GO BUCKEYES, WE ALL EAT FROG LEGS TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Game day. I think OSU fans are in for a treat.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Less than 30 minutes....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Big 10(14) looks weak so far today. State needs a win but it is not going to be easy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:37 pm Big 10(14) looks weak so far today. State needs a win but it is not going to be easy.
The B1G looked awful today. Wisconsin and Rutgers really disappointing.

Iowa will win their division and we will revenge beat the hell out of them in Indy come early December!

Let's go Bucks!

Return to “College Sports”