WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Post by Bleeding Red »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 pm BOSA out. not that it will matter much this game but darn!
Hopefully Bosa can get 2 weeks of treatment and rest and be ready to kick some butt in Happy Valley.

If there is any silver lining to his injury it's that DE is one of the positions that tOSU is absolutely STACKED at and Johnathan Cooper will step right in and fill those shoes. Not that he is Nick Bosa, but he is a very good DE and will be able to get pressure.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Dremont Jones get moved around on the D line some. Like they did with Joey Bosa 2 years ago......shuffling him around from DE to DT. Jones is plenty quick and strong enough to beat an offensive tackle lined up across from him. The dude has unreal feet and hands. That might make more sense due to being so deep at the DT spot.

The ONLY 2 things that scare me about Penn State are 1.) LB's not covering the TEs and RB's as well as stopping McSorely from running out of the backfield and 2.) the McSorely moon balls. Our DB's cannot get lost in coverage and allow the moon balls to be caught down field.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 pm BOSA out. not that it will matter much this game but darn!
Hopefully Bosa can get 2 weeks of treatment and rest and be ready to kick some butt in Happy Valley.

If there is any silver lining to his injury it's that DE is one of the positions that tOSU is absolutely STACKED at and Johnathan Cooper will step right in and fill those shoes. Not that he is Nick Bosa, but he is a very good DE and will be able to get pressure.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Dremont Jones get moved around on the D line some. Like they did with Joey Bosa 2 years ago......shuffling him around from DE to DT. Jones is plenty quick and strong enough to beat an offensive tackle lined up across from him. The dude has unreal feet and hands. That might make more sense due to being so deep at the DT spot.

The ONLY 2 things that scare me about Penn State are 1.) LB's not covering the TEs and RB's as well as stopping McSorely from running out of the backfield and 2.) the McSorely moon balls. Our DB's cannot get lost in coverage and allow the moon balls to be caught down field.
I would add a third scary thought about the trip to Happy Valley: Meyer going conservative on offense and running Haskins as if he was JT Barrett. Old habits die hard.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 am Bucks BIG.

Get ready to see things like the low snaps, dropped passes, players out of position, etc get cleaned up.

While Ryan Day did a remarkable job over the past month, nobody on that staff has the attention to detail that Urban does.

Special teams have been great, a few things to tidy up on offense.......defensively they need to make adjustments. There are some young guys in that back 7 that get out of position, take poor angles, etc. That will come with more experience and being coached up.

There are also a few glaring black eyes defensively, especially at LB. Harrison played a very solid game vs TCU and was the only LB that was in position and making plays. The rest are either constantly out of position, too slow or cant tackle.

Just having Urban back should allow the coaching staff (Day, Schiano and Wilson) to focus on their groups instead of worrying about everything else going on.
very good observations red.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Barber1973 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm Urban needs 2 quit doing interviews worry bout coaching not his legacy. This year will b his last.one hell of a recruiter but sometimes his x-o,s drive me nutz.
me too he was on the Columbus news last night. and I told mrs. bait he needs to clam up and I changed channels. focus on football and shut up.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know who the victim is or was. or what was the truth. but shut up about it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm Urban needs 2 quit doing interviews worry bout coaching not his legacy. This year will b his last.one hell of a recruiter but sometimes his x-o,s drive me nutz.
The media will not give up the story and Meyer is in a catch 22 situation -- interviews give the story a new life while refusing to answer questions makes Meyer look bad.

I too believe Meyer will be gone after the season. There is no valid reason he should resign or be fired but I sense Meyer is angry at his employer over the punishment handed down and the University powers that be want him gone as an embarrassment to the image of Ohio State.

I know this is just my opinion, and I know there is a ton of money on the table, but my gut tells me the only resolution to the situation will be a negotiated parting of ways.
IF THAT HAPPENS OMEGA. AND MANY FEEL THAT WILL BE THE CASE. I HOPE THEY GIVE RYAN DAY THAT SHOT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE I WOULD REST BOSA THIS WEEK.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 am I AGREE I WOULD REST BOSA THIS WEEK.
They have already said that he is out this week.

Hopefully he can get treatments and be ready for Penn State. Time will tell.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Surely urban wont try 2 run haskins around the end with his arm and running backs we have. Sometimes urban thinks 2 much just let haskins arm and the legs of the backs do the work and the bucks get a win. Im thinking we need 2 score 36-40 points cause like someone said our linbackers caint cover peanut butter on a peace of bread

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:08 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 am I AGREE I WOULD REST BOSA THIS WEEK.
They have already said that he is out this week.

Hopefully he can get treatments and be ready for Penn State. Time will tell.
cool, I hadn't heard that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope Saturday urban doesn't throw them ding dang sideways passes, that makes my skin crawl. pass == forward. I think urban knows he has had a big blueprint laid in front of him, and won't try to make too many adjustments. as much as he is loved, he is now being questioned. and he might be on a short leash. he needs to take some lessons from bill belichick and clam up.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Urban claims he will just be a "Game Manager", and will let Day and Wilson continue handling the offense. We will see.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 am I hope Saturday urban doesn't throw them ding dang sideways passes, that makes my skin crawl. pass == forward. I think urban knows he has had a big blueprint laid in front of him, and won't try to make too many adjustments. as much as he is loved, he is now being questioned. and he might be on a short leash. he needs to take some lessons from bill belichick and clam up.
Urban has already said that the offense wasnt going to change. Day/Wilson will still be calling the plays. For the past 2 weeks that Urban has been back to practice, he has put this offense in place. Nothing was happening with this passing attack without his stamp of approval. Nothing will change other than Urban being on the field and actively communicating with Day/Wilson about what is being called and what they are seeing from the box.

I think deep down Urban is livid on how this entire situation was handled. It would not surprise me one bit if he retires at the end of this year and Day becomes the head coach. Lets face it.....that is the only way that Day is going to stay at OSU with the job offers that are certainly coming his way.

If Day were the head coach, Schiano would certainly move on. That would open the door for Larry Johnson to become the DC which would be a good thing.

In a perfect world Urban would finish his contract (5 years) and Day would wait in the balance to become the head coach. I dont see OSU paying Day what it would take to keep him around for 5 years as a coordinator. 2 years maybe.

On the flip side it wouldnt surprise me if Urban sticks it out due to his Ohio roots and love for the university. I guess time will tell and only Urban knows what is going through his mind.

Back to the game- I am hoping the defensive coaches (Schiano and Johnson) use Draymont Jones in the same way they used Joey Bosa a few years ago in absence of Nick Bosa this week. Line Jones up some at DE (he has the motor, feet, hands and strength to play there) while also using him at his defensive tackle position. I think he could play both positions very well and make the defense account for where he is lined up at.

Green Wave 14
Bucks 52

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Day situation is interesting. I don't see him leaving unless he's offered by a top Power 5 team. He could've left this past offseason if he just wanted to be a head coach somewhere. The only big time opportunity I possibly see at this point is USC, because I don't think Clay Helton gets another year with the current path of that team. I think Meyer definitely isn't happy with the decision to suspend him, but I don't think it's something he'd take out on the players and the football program. I could see a scenario where Urban stays a couple more years, Day becomes head coach, and Urban possibly moves to the NFL or replaces a retiring Gene Smith as AD.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

lets not be over confident and cocky........lets go out take care of business quick and early and come out of this one injury free with another W

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 am I hope Saturday urban doesn't throw them ding dang sideways passes, that makes my skin crawl. pass == forward. I think urban knows he has had a big blueprint laid in front of him, and won't try to make too many adjustments. as much as he is loved, he is now being questioned. and he might be on a short leash. he needs to take some lessons from bill belichick and clam up.
Urban has already said that the offense wasnt going to change. Day/Wilson will still be calling the plays. For the past 2 weeks that Urban has been back to practice, he has put this offense in place. Nothing was happening with this passing attack without his stamp of approval. Nothing will change other than Urban being on the field and actively communicating with Day/Wilson about what is being called and what they are seeing from the box.

I think deep down Urban is livid on how this entire situation was handled. It would not surprise me one bit if he retires at the end of this year and Day becomes the head coach. Lets face it.....that is the only way that Day is going to stay at OSU with the job offers that are certainly coming his way.

If Day were the head coach, Schiano would certainly move on. That would open the door for Larry Johnson to become the DC which would be a good thing.

In a perfect world Urban would finish his contract (5 years) and Day would wait in the balance to become the head coach. I dont see OSU paying Day what it would take to keep him around for 5 years as a coordinator. 2 years maybe.

On the flip side it wouldnt surprise me if Urban sticks it out due to his Ohio roots and love for the university. I guess time will tell and only Urban knows what is going through his mind.

Back to the game- I am hoping the defensive coaches (Schiano and Johnson) use Draymont Jones in the same way they used Joey Bosa a few years ago in absence of Nick Bosa this week. Line Jones up some at DE (he has the motor, feet, hands and strength to play there) while also using him at his defensive tackle position. I think he could play both positions very well and make the defense account for where he is lined up at.

Green Wave 14
Bucks 52
well thought out great post red.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 am lets not be over confident and cocky........lets go out take care of business quick and early and come out of this one injury free with another W
well stated my friend. we need to go out and try to stomp a mudhole in the green wave. and if we get a big lead , get martell in and not risk injury to haskins, and get tate much needed playing experience with all the qb transferring going on these days. you are always just one hit away from needing an experienced backup. and show the country ohio state is for real. tcu was a very good team, and exploited many short comings with our defense that needs fixed, and not think ahead to a ''whiteout'' at penn state, and take care of the business at hand.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a dumb question, because i don't know the answer as much as I love jt barrett. I don't think he got drafted if memory serves me correct, did he make the cut as a free agent, and if so where.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:19 am I have a dumb question, because i don't know the answer as much as I love jt barrett. I don't think he got drafted if memory serves me correct, did he make the cut as a free agent, and if so where.
not sure on that one.......Meyer always did say that JT Barret would have a coaching assistance position with him if he ever wanted it

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:19 am I have a dumb question, because i don't know the answer as much as I love jt barrett. I don't think he got drafted if memory serves me correct, did he make the cut as a free agent, and if so where.
He signed as a free agent with the Saints. He was cut and is currently on their practice squad. Making like $6000 a week though so dont feel bad for him lol.

Return to “College Sports”