WEEK 5 OHIO STATE @ PENN STATE == YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 5 OHIO STATE @ PENN STATE == YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT SAY YOU ALL AS THIS TITANIC BATTLE AT HAPPY VALLEY GETS READY TO TAKE OFF. THE NITTANY LIONS ROLLED OVER THE FIGHTING ILLINI AFTER COMING FROM BEHIND. AND OHIO STATE PUT 42 ON TULANE BEFORE THEY COULD GET ALL THE BUCKLES SNAPPED ON THEIR HELMET. AND THEN STARTED MAKING WHOLESALE CHANGES AT THE HALF AND PLAYED EVERYBODY BUT THE CHEERLEADERS, AND RIGHT AT THE END SCORED 7 MORE TO MAKE IT 49-6. I THINK THEY TOOK THE FOOT OFF THE GAS TOO QUICKLY IN SOME RESPECTS. BUT GOT VALUABLE PLAYING TIME FOR BACKUPS, AND WERE SMART ABOUT INJURIES WITH A ''WHITEOUT'' COMING UP AT PENN STATE. I THOUGHT THEY HAD TATE MARTELL TRY TO DO TOO MUCH RUNNING WISE. AND THANKFULLY DEFENSIVE LINE IS OUR STRONGEST, DEEPEST PART OF OUR TEAM WITH BOSA OUT. HATED SEEING THEM SIDEWAYS PASSES STARTING BACK UP. BUT HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A 49-6 WIN OVER A D1 OPPONENT. BUT THE RIGHT SPORTS BROADCASTER GETS AHOLD OF IT AND SAYS SOMETHING LIKE. ''AFTER COMING OUT LIKE WORLD BEATERS OHIO STATE SCORES 42 IN THE 1ST HALF ON TULANE, AND THEN TULANE GOT THINGS CORRECTED DEFENSIVELY AND WERE ABLE TO ONLY HOLD THE POWERFUL BUCKEYE TEAM TO ONLY 1 TD IN THE 2ND HALF'' THEN YOU GET ALL THE STYLE POINT PEOPLE SAYING DROP THE BUCKS DOWN. AND GEORGIA AND CLEMSON BOTH STRUGGLED TO WIN. WHAT SAY YA'LL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: WEEK 5 OHIO STATE @ PENN STATE == YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

Post by Omega »

Well, Ohio State's one quality win got tarnished as TCU lost to Texas. The play of OSU's defensive back seven still has issues despite holding Tulane to six points. Haskins appears to be the best pure passer in all of college football but the Buck's running game seems to be second fiddle to the Dwayne Train. As to the Bucks special teams, not really special. Bottom line is that Ohio State is going to be in a fight for their CFP and conference championship lives when they travel to Penn State. I see a high scoring overtime game with the Nittany's pulling out a narrow win. Trace "moon ball" McSorely has a big day along with the white out crowd. Penn State 52 OSU 51.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I look for a good one here. Penn State has been showing some good ball playing in the second half of games this year. The Nittany Kittens get the W by 10 in a blizzard of white at home in Happy Valley.

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Buckeyes by 10 to 14 points

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Penn St game with Illinois was close until they took over in the 4th quarter. That was a Friday night game on the road. For OSU to win they have to manufacture points off their special teams and defense. Either 2 td's or leading to scores. Must run the ball consistently to take pressure off the defense. DB"s need to make plays. The defensive line needs to dominate the game. Not let the running backs get to the LB"s. For the LB's and the whole team to wrap up and make the tackle. Game goes to the team that makes the big plays and not give up the ball as much. Either team can win by 14.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

It wouldn't shock me if Penn State won this game. But....I like OSU in this one. Although PSU's game was on Friday night and on the road, Illinois gave them a real challenge for most of the game. If OSU's back 7 have learned from the big plays they've given up the first few games, and prevent giving them up to a gunslinger in McSorley, they could easily win this game. It's going to be a tough game at PSU with a whiteout. But, I like OSU in this game by 10.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Penn State - ( McSorley best QB they've faced so far this year and at home)

**Nittany Lions 35 - Buckeyes 27**

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks 45-34

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OSU wins 38-17. Penn State doesnt have the O line or Defense that roamed the field in Happy Valley the past 2 years. No Barkley.

Turnovers could keep it close. No turnovers and I feel as if OSU can contain their offense but Penn State cannot do the same to Haskins and Co.

The only team that can beat OSU on the schedule is OSU themselves.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They squeaked by App State, beat Kent, an awful Pitt team and Illinois who is dismal. Sorry, not impressed by Penn State at this point.

So many pessimistic so called fans on here lol.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Love and appreciate your strong passion for the Buckeyes, but unbeatable they are not. Take the godly scarlet glasses off, and watch your TV Saturday evening as I am, you will see that Penn State stacks right up with them no matter who each has played thus far. Ohio State sure in the he(( hasn't played no power houses yet either by any means, Red. But oh my God, Meyer is back, I forgot all about that. :lol: That should make them pound on the Kittens. :roll: I'm only a spectator of this game, not a real fan of neither, but I know it should be a good one imo. Penn State by 10. If the Kittens lose come back on here and let me have it. :lol: :shock:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm a diehard OSU fan, you can ask anybody about that. And this is not me doubting them or lacking faith in them at all!! But, they will not win this game by three touchdowns AT PSU. I definitely think they will win, but I say by 10 at the most (hence my prediction). I have no reason to doubt the Bucks will win this game, or any other game they play.

Both teams have taken care of business up to this point. I hope for a good, intense game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow definitely strong feelings both ways. I like the bucks here, but frankly havin urban back makes me nervous in some respects. I saw them ding dang flim flam sideways passes starting again in the Tulane game. try that against penn state and they'll jump the route and go to the house. our def. line play is fairly solid. but our linebacker and secondary play is not so much. special teams need some work. these are 2 very solid programs, I've seen both play and still think the bucks are the better overall team. -------------------------- but a night game, at penn state, in a white out, after all the partying. happy valley will be cocky n rockin. we blew a game like this last year in iowa. and I sure don't want to see that one again. curious to see the new rankings. osu won by over 40. Clemson and Georgia struggled to win, how does this affect ohio state will they rise any. or does the sec mystique still thrive in the media. no doubt bama is the top dog, and just rambling on, but after that there is some gray matter. and lsu struggled with a scrappy lousiana tech bulldog team but held on for the win.and Oklahoma had to go to ot to beat an always tough army team

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am WHAT SAY YOU ALL AS THIS TITANIC BATTLE AT HAPPY VALLEY GETS READY TO TAKE OFF. THE NITTANY LIONS ROLLED OVER THE FIGHTING ILLINI AFTER COMING FROM BEHIND. AND OHIO STATE PUT 42 ON TULANE BEFORE THEY COULD GET ALL THE BUCKLES SNAPPED ON THEIR HELMET. AND THEN STARTED MAKING WHOLESALE CHANGES AT THE HALF AND PLAYED EVERYBODY BUT THE CHEERLEADERS, AND RIGHT AT THE END SCORED 7 MORE TO MAKE IT 49-6. I THINK THEY TOOK THE FOOT OFF THE GAS TOO QUICKLY IN SOME RESPECTS. BUT GOT VALUABLE PLAYING TIME FOR BACKUPS, AND WERE SMART ABOUT INJURIES WITH A ''WHITEOUT'' COMING UP AT PENN STATE. I THOUGHT THEY HAD TATE MARTELL TRY TO DO TOO MUCH RUNNING WISE. AND THANKFULLY DEFENSIVE LINE IS OUR STRONGEST, DEEPEST PART OF OUR TEAM WITH BOSA OUT. HATED SEEING THEM SIDEWAYS PASSES STARTING BACK UP. BUT HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A 49-6 WIN OVER A D1 OPPONENT. BUT THE RIGHT SPORTS BROADCASTER GETS AHOLD OF IT AND SAYS SOMETHING LIKE. ''AFTER COMING OUT LIKE WORLD BEATERS OHIO STATE SCORES 42 IN THE 1ST HALF ON TULANE, AND THEN TULANE GOT THINGS CORRECTED DEFENSIVELY AND WERE ABLE TO ONLY HOLD THE POWERFUL BUCKEYE TEAM TO ONLY 1 TD IN THE 2ND HALF'' THEN YOU GET ALL THE STYLE POINT PEOPLE SAYING DROP THE BUCKS DOWN. AND GEORGIA AND CLEMSON BOTH STRUGGLED TO WIN. WHAT SAY YA'LL.
The difference in the screen passes this year, is that it actually set up a play later in the game. Those early screens left Victor wide open on his TD catch.

I see a bit of a shootout in Happy Valley. Neither defense has shown the ability to shut down an oppponent. I think OSU gets a couple more stops because of that d-line, and wins it 42-28.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:58 pm Love and appreciate your strong passion for the Buckeyes, but unbeatable they are not. Take the godly scarlet glasses off, and watch your TV Saturday evening as I am, you will see that Penn State stacks right up with them no matter who each has played thus far. Ohio State sure in the he(( hasn't played no power houses yet either by any means, Red. But oh my God, Meyer is back, I forgot all about that. :lol: That should make them pound on the Kittens. :roll: I'm only a spectator of this game, not a real fan of neither, but I know it should be a good one imo. Penn State by 10. If the Kittens lose come back on here and let me have it. :lol: :shock:
I am only looking at the games that have been played this year. Penn State's defense is miles from where they have been the past 2 years. I guess the same could be said about OSU's defense when you break down some of the games and how out of position OSU's LB's have been.

With that being said, Happy Valley/Night game/White out certainly makes things harder for the Bucks. They have the ability to take the Kitties fans out of the game early if they get the offense rolling and make a couple of defensive stands against McSorely and Co. The opening Kickoff return for a TD and then turnover after turnover made it a game last year. If this OSU offense takes care of the ball and doesnt stop themselves, I just dont see Penn State's defense able to slow down the Haskins train.

TCU is a good team. I still think they can come back and end up winning the Big 12 after watching Oklahoma nearly go down to Army and OK State lost big Saturday. TCU vs Texas was a product of a game where TCU had everything taken out of them in the loss vs Ohio State the previous week. I think they will rebound and end up in their conference championship game.

I guess we will see.....that is what makes college football so much fun. They will lay it all on the line and let the chips fall where they may.

I still take the Bucks by decent margin as long as they dont give the ball away!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love the screens , it's the passes straight down the line that make me giddy as a pregnant nun at midnight mass.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Also, McSorley doesn't have the WR's this year to just toss the ball up and hope for the best. His completion % shows that. OSU needs to keep him in the pocket and make him throw the ball. The one way he beats us is with his legs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes, even though tcu lost. that game is huge vs. texas, and it was at texas. I know how good tcu is, they may have had a hangover after the ohio state loss. and texas , you never know which team you are going to get. but they can whoop your tail if they are on. tom herman has them getting better. but watch out for Maryland. they are playing very good football. an imo not a fluke that they beat the horns a 2nd time this year. Stanford won a close won over the ducks. and the golden domers dispatched of the demon deacons. the biggest surprise to me was ole dominion over va. tech. the monarchs pulled a major upset there. and then okey state went down. the mcsorley kid worries me. as a high school qb he was in 4 state championship games and won 3. and that cat can flat play ball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is a scrapper right there. hopefully we have dobbins and weber at 100 percent.

Return to “College Sports”