Valenth's what to expect from the AP Poll for week 4

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's what to expect from the AP Poll for week 4

Post by Valenth »

After some chaos last night and close calls. I think we see a good bit of movement.

#1. I see Oklahoma falling as many as 2 to maybe 3 spots after a very close call with Army.

#2. I don't see how Virginia Tech doesn't fall out of the top 25. After losing to a 28 point underdog in Old Dominion.

#3. Other teams to fall out of the top 25. TCU and Boston College.. Texas A&M is right on that cusp.

#4. Oregon hangs on in the top 25 after a close game with Stanford .

#5. The Big Mover into the top 25.. Kentucky! I think we also see Duke and Texas crack the top 25. I also would not be surprised to see Florida possibly make a reappearance..

Where I see the Top 25..
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. LSU
6. Stanford
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. Auburn
10. Washington
11. Penn State
12. WVU
13. UCF
14. Wisconsin
15. Michigan
16. Miami FL
17. Kentucky
18. Michigan State
19. BYU
20. Mississippi State
21. Texas
22. Duke
23. Oregon
24. Oklahoma State
25. Texas A&M

Give me your thoughts!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's what to expect from the AP Poll for week 4

Post by Omega »

No complaints about the top ten and their order, of course does it matter past Alabama at number one at this stage of the season?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:34 am No complaints about the top ten and their order, of course does it matter past Alabama at number one at this stage of the season?
You have a point. But I like to see where the AP thought process goes and see if I can figure out rankings like they do. Though it means nothing :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Stanford is 6 I don’t see Oregon that low.
They were a review away from being up 31-7 on Stanford. Ya, Oregon blew it after the reversal but it took overtime to end up losing it.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 pm If Stanford is 6 I don’t see Oregon that low.
They were a review away from being up 31-7 on Stanford. Ya, Oregon blew it after the reversal but it took overtime to end up losing it.
Funny thing is.. Oregon moved up despite the loss in the new AP Poll. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the bucks jump a spot. Clemson and geogia both struggled to win. I just have a feeling.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:34 am No complaints about the top ten and their order, of course does it matter past Alabama at number one at this stage of the season?
bama train is gainin steam' kinda scarey.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm
Roll Tide's strength of schedule and margins of victory have not been news worthy to date, yet they have just been physically abusing their opponents. They have perhaps the best and deepest collection of athletes ever assembled by a college football team. Yeah, they can be beaten but I do not see it happening in 2018.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm
Roll Tide's strength of schedule and margins of victory have not been news worthy to date, yet they have just been physically abusing their opponents. They have perhaps the best and deepest collection of athletes ever assembled by a college football team. Yeah, they can be beaten but I do not see it happening in 2018.
I think Bama struggles with both LSU and Auburn as they will play keep away with the football and are sound defensively. Do either of them beat Bama? Yes. Why? Because Bama historically will drop one of those games every year.

The question will be this: Will the loss keep Bama out of the SEC title game or will it not hurt? As we saw last year it didnt matter. With luck, Bama loses one of the two games (or both) and then Georgia finishes off their playoff hopes in the SEC title game.

One loss and a title game loss will for sure keep them out. Having Bama sit during Championship Saturday helped them out last year as it prevented another possible loss.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bama is scary this year particularly because they got that QB very similar to Haskins. He is very accurate and knows where to go with the ball. That performance he put on last year in the title game was epic! I don't see them going down unless he gets hurt but stranger things have happened. Bucks didn't move as I expected. The TCU loss really hurt them.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:01 pm Bama is scary this year particularly because they got that QB very similar to Haskins. He is very accurate and knows where to go with the ball. That performance he put on last year in the title game was epic! I don't see them going down unless he gets hurt but stranger things have happened. Bucks didn't move as I expected. The TCU loss really hurt them.
Yeah, State's win over TCU was greatly diminished when the frogs lost to Texas. Honestly though, TCU at best is only a fourth place team in the Big 12. Unless one of the big three in front of Ohio in the rankings lose, a number 4 slot is OSU's ceiling. I think OSU will have to be undefeated to make the CFP.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 pm
cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:01 pm Bama is scary this year particularly because they got that QB very similar to Haskins. He is very accurate and knows where to go with the ball. That performance he put on last year in the title game was epic! I don't see them going down unless he gets hurt but stranger things have happened. Bucks didn't move as I expected. The TCU loss really hurt them.
Yeah, State's win over TCU was greatly diminished when the frogs lost to Texas. Honestly though, TCU at best is only a fourth place team in the Big 12. Unless one of the big three in front of Ohio in the rankings lose, a number 4 slot is OSU's ceiling. I think OSU will have to be undefeated to make the CFP.
Fiction. There has not been an undefeated team in the CFPs. The PAC 12 and Big 12 will not have an undefeated team at the end of the year. TCU could very well still win that conference as Oklahoma and WVU will certainly lose one regular season game. I see both losing one game by 10 or more points.

A one loss OSU team that still wins the B1G gets in over a one loss PAC 12 and Big 12 team IF a B1G team can finish 11-1.

Return to “College Sports”