22. Texas A&M
23. South Florida
24. Mississippi State
25. Cincinnati

Valenth
SEOP

Re: AP Poll Week 7

Post by Valenth »

Despite Florida Defeating LSU... Florida Should NOT be ranked higher than Kentucky... The Wildcats went to the Swamp and beat them in their house.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:29 pm Despite Florida Defeating LSU... Florida Should NOT be ranked higher than Kentucky... The Wildcats went to the Swamp and beat them in their house.

Transitive score analysis would prove you right, but Florida has the better win (LSU).

Would anybody put Notre Dame in fourth, Clemson in third and drop the Buckeyes to the fifth slot?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Notre Dame is as high as they will go if they win out. Their remaining schedule is laughable. Plus the quality of that Stanford win is taking a huge hit. I think if things fall as they might.. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Georgia with 1 loss or an undefeated WVU.

The SEC west took a big hit this week. So the SEC might not be as good as thought.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree Valenth they wont go any higher unless someone ahead of them loses, but I also think they are a lock to make the playoffs if they win out. I just don't see the committee keeping them out with all their mystique and huge fan following.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Would a 1 loss Texas have a shot at the playoffs? They would finish with 12 consecutive wins and Big XII Champions.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:48 pm Would a 1 loss Texas have a shot at the playoffs? They would finish with 12 consecutive wins and Big XII Champions.
That would be a tough one. It would strictly depend on how other teams from other conferences (and Notre Dame) finish. They already have wins against 3 ranked teams (or teams that were ranked at some point). But, they only play one more ranked team, although it is against West Virginia, and then whoever they would play in the Big XII championship game.

Their big thorn in the side was their loss to Maryland, and it was at home for Texas.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:48 pm Would a 1 loss Texas have a shot at the playoffs? They would finish with 12 consecutive wins and Big XII Champions.
They could, but that Maryland loss will loom over them like a black cloud and could be a tie breaker if a one loss OSU team throttles Maryland on the road considering Texas lost to them at home.

ND will need to win out and to move up, they will need everyone in front of them to lose. Even the teams in front of them could still stay ahead of them with one loss considering they win their conference championship game. That is the dagger in ND's heart since they want to run around as an independent. The extra "good win" in each conference championship game will be enough to keep them out if tOSU, Georgia/Bama and Clemson finish as conference champs with one loss.

Auburn is essentially done and I think LSU takes 2-3 more losses but I would love to see them beat Bama and Georgia and eliminate both. Dont see that happening though. Maybe we get lucky and they take out Georgia this weekend....who knows.

The wild cards right now are Texas, Oklahoma (if Texas would drop another game and bring these 2 back for the B12 championship game rematch), ND and Clemson. I dont see Clemson losing a game since the rest of their schedule is not good in terms of playing ranked teams. I still think Clemson finishes 12-0 and not a ranked team on their regular season schedule when the season ends. Maybe an unbeaten ND team jumps them purely from win quality if Miami losses another game between now and the ACC Championship.

Lots of football left to be played out.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

be cool to see a OSU vs WVU in the play-offs......don't think it will happen but just throwing that out there for fun.....way too much football still be played for all the teams........anything can happen

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

ND $$$$$$
cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:02 pm I agree Valenth they wont go any higher unless someone ahead of them loses, but I also think they are a lock to make the playoffs if they win out. I just don't see the committee keeping them out with all their mystique and huge fan following.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Couldn't agree more. A lot of football left to be played. If these top ranked teams would happen to lose along the way you have to bring the 1 loss teams back into the discussion. Maybe 15 to 18 teams back in the mix. I do think some of these teams have to be undefeated to playoffs though. WVU and UCF.

Return to “College Sports”