What to expect first CFB Poll by Playoff Committee

Valenth
SEOP

What to expect first CFB Poll by Playoff Committee

Post by Valenth »

A little Chaos ensued with Florida and Texas Falling. So here's my Scenario...

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. LSU

5. Michigan
6. Georgia

7. Oklahoma
8. WVU
9. UCF
10. Kentucky
11. Ohio State
12. Washington State
13. Florida
14. Texas
15. Penn State

This is where I think the Committee will go with the ranks

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: What to expect first CFB Poll by Playoff Committee

Post by Omega »

Looks reasonable Valenth.

I am curious on how the committee places UCF. They are not Bama or Clemson, but 20 some consecutive wins deserve some consideration.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looks pretty good. I agree with Omega, although UCF isn't playing as tough of games as anyone else in the top ten, 20 consecutive wins is something impressive. I guess we'll see where the committee considers them at.

I would probably switch Ohio State and Washington State from up above.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

You sure you are not on the committee valenth...lol

Looks darn good...UCF deaerves top 10 recognition

Georgia travels to Lexington...Bama at Baton Rouge (or Burreauxville)...just two possible very good games next wk

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Valenth is good!!....I personally think that SOONER is the 3rd BEST squad in America,especially if they could start getting some Red Zone Stops. I mean even one once in awhile :lol: .....Baker Mayfield is one of the top 10 Offensive football players EVER in college football...His season last year was off the charts. But Tua is putting up historic numbers so far and that little Field Mouse #1 is also. He is having a better year so far than Baker did last year if you can believe it. And so is TT....And he makes more money than most!!!

THE TIDE,Clemson,and SOONER are EASILY the most Explosive teams in America on Offense.A lot of football to be played. Alabama has BY FAR the toughest road ahead. Clemson,quite possibly, the easiest. IF SOONER wins out out they are in. NO QUESTIONS asked.IF WVU wins out they SHOULD be in based on their resume. Lets dont have that Texas/SOONER thing about the name on the jersey and the $$$ like 2014(Involving TCU and Baylor)...Plus the politics that year with Delany and with FATASS Alvarez acting as the jury Foreman.

If ND wins out they are IN...IF LSU wins out they are in as the #1 SEED....If Georgia or KY win out they are in...If Michigan wins out they will need help..Already have lost to ND and their quality of wins wont be stellar,including the big 14 championship game....Wazzu is in the same boat,and I think they are a pretty good football team...A 1-loss TIDE will be strongly considered considering how GOOD they are. But anyone can be beat. As long as it is not a TOTAL beatdown to a fair to middling team.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Valenth hits the nail right on the head consistently!! Sitting here thinking about how I would rank them if I was the committee, I would change much, but here is what I would have:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Michigan
7. Georgia
8. UCF
9. Kentucky
10. Washington State

Alabama and Clemson are the clear cut #1 and #2. I have a hard time deciding between Notre Dame and LSU, but I give ND the edge for being undefeated. The one thing LSU has been missing for years is a QB who can be effective in any way, and now they have that in Joe Burrow, who has done a great job as a game manager this year.

Oklahoma's offense is top notch, probably as good as anyone's, how well their defense improves over the rest of the season will be the tell for them. Michigan is hanging around right there. Georgia just smashed an improving Florida team. You can't not put UCF somewhere in the top 10. Kentucky, I think, has been the most shocking team of the year so far. And Washington State, from week one to now, might be the most improved team in the country. And are playing like a top level team.

There is still a very real chance that THREE power five conferences get left out of the playoff. It'll depend on how well the top teams in those conferences perform the rest of the year. And will also depend on how the SEC plays out. As well as what ND does. If ND loses one game, chances are they are out.

Such a great time of the year!!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Yes it is!...Nice update!!!...I havent really took time to break it down accurately yet but I believe that SOONER has had opponents in the Red Zone against them like 24 times and have scored 23 times!!..And it may be TDs .....Not sure yet.I have capped them many times and never caught it.If its the case they have a lot to clean up or they will be in harm's way 2-3 more times..Ky does it a little bit with smoke and mirrors. But they are outstanding on defense,and IF they can get some kind of throw game going and TD Terry is accurate,they can beat Ga. in Lexington!!...LSU and THE TIDE will not be for the faint of heart...PSU is still not very good up front on either side of the ball. Their Wide-Outs are average at best with way too many drops. If they cant throw it they wont run it against UM and its Goodnight Irene.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think the committee holds back on UCF due to Strength of Schedule. LSU hands down is the best 1 loss team with the schedule they have had. Oklahoma is firing on ALL Cylinders offensively. And I think all of us agree Alabama and Clemson are easily the top 2 teams in the Country.

I'm going to admit this. Ohio State is nowhere near as good as I thought they were. The strength of schedule has taken a hit. The offense is one sided and needs a running game badly. They need to win out if they have a glimmer of hope.

The PAC12 in 2 words... HOT MESS. They just beat the crap out of each other. The Washington State Cougars is the only hope... However historically they're known to choke at least 1 game late in the season.. If that happens.. Close the door on the PAC12 on any chance in the Playoff.

The ACC... Only Clemson... That's it. Period

Return to “College Sports”