Hot Take On The State of Buckeye Football

Omega
SEOPS H

Hot Take On The State of Buckeye Football

Post by Omega »

This is a shameless reposting of a hot take posted on Eleven Warriors under the screen name IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY.

The poster's statement is harsh but well may be accurate about the state of Buckeye football in 2018:

"John Cooper's last team in 2000 lost to Minnesota. That team was talented and had plenty of guys who went on to win a national title in 2002. But that 2000 team got their asses kicked in an eerily similar fashion to the 2018 Purdue game. They were soft and unmotivated and passive. They all knew Cooper was a dead man walking as coach. It is entirely possible Urban has lost the locker room in the same way. Maybe the players all know he's done after this season and are phoning it in, especially the draft-eligible guys looking to preserve their draft status by not getting hurt. They all know in their hearts they are destined for 3-4-5 losses. Why expend the energy and hurt their draft stock? We can thank Nick Bosa for that."

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/oh ... y-lifetime

Do fellow SEOP peeps share any similar thoughts regarding the hot take?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Re: Hot Take On The State of Buckeye Football

Post by countywide35 »

the way Meyer carries himself on the sideline it would appear there is some truth to this statment

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Meyer would never tell players he's done. He's a master in psychology. I do agree they are unmotivated for some reason. Also coaches not adapting to personnel. Need some creativity in play calls. Any one notice the amount of bubble screens OSU has run since urban came back? That's his offense. QB threw ball downfield in games he was suspended. Defense needs to mix up coverage more. LBs are lost most of the time. Still cannot cover a TE for some reason! A lot to fix in a short period of time. Hopefully they play motivated from here on out.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

I can agree with article. I personally said earlier that if Meyer came back, OSU would buy him out after this season. To much negative press from him coming back supports my thinking.

Return to “College Sports”