A VERY Valid Question... For the B1G

Valenth
SEOP

A VERY Valid Question... For the B1G

Post by Valenth »

With all the chaos and unveiling of the deplorable events that occurred at Maryland...

Should the B1G consider dropping Maryland out of the Conference and Potentially go after perhaps Notre Dame?

With all that happened this makes the B1G look really really bad...

And in hindsight... I think they should have looked into dropping Penn State after what occurred there as well...

Thoughts?
Last edited by Valenth on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The General
All State

Re: A VERY Valid Question... For the B1G

Post by The General »

Just Mary?.. :o
*I know in the last several yrs that Iowa and Neb. have had several kids hospitalized for overworking them.darn near to death...
*Nebraska had a scandal a few yrs ago for x-tra benefits.
*Michigan put a QB back in the game a few years ago(Lefty backup Morris) who was severely concussed.
*Beckmann..The Coach at Illini was fired for several reasons 2-3 yrs ago,but none bigger than him attempting to influence medical and injury reports to try to get guys on the field in practice and games.
*Coach Flood for Rut was fired a few years ago for trying to influence grades and grade changes.
*2 years ago Indy Coach Kevin Wilson had to resign for abusing players...And then Pinnochio hires him at ohio...Schiano has always been that way also to the point where Professional athletes didnt want anything to do with him
*The 10-12 Minnesota football players gang-raping a girl(s) a few years ago
* The Unspeakable events in Happy Valley...
*The Equally unspeakable events in East Lansing and all the athletes running amok for years...Just like in Columbus ....
* And finally...The 3 HUGE scandals in Columbus the last 7 years...Added to the Reverend Senator Vest fiasco...The Pinnochio meyer Soap Opera...And the Strauss wrestling program tragedy...Not to mention almost killing kids in track and Lacrosse in 2014 by severely overworking them?....

Again....Why Just Maryland?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The old "he who is without sin cast the first stone" quandry. Sport is entertainment, or art, and art imitates life. Sports scandals of one form or another have occurred at all major college programs. The problem with the Big Ten is their holier than thou attitude while refusing to take the necessary steps to prevent scandal in the first place. Of course this can be said of just about any D-1 program.

The only way to clean up collegiate sports programs is to take money out of the equation. No tv, no scholarships. Return to true student athleticism. Of course if you believe that will ever happen or has ever existed, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I will gladly sell to you.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Valenth wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm With all the chaos and unveiling of the deplorable events that occurred at Maryland...

Should the B1G consider dropping Maryland out of the Conference and Potentially go after perhaps Notre Dame?

With all that happened this makes the B1G look really really bad...

And in hindsight... I think they should have looked into dropping Penn State after what occurred there as well...

Thoughts?
Ohio State should be considered dropped then as well... Absolutely not up on a pedestal of being a Saint school by far... Com on...There's trouble occurring at just about every school...Not just the Big Ten...

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Omega wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:52 pm The old "he who is without sin cast the first stone" quandry. Sport is entertainment, or art, and art imitates life. Sports scandals of one form or another have occurred at all major college programs. The problem with the Big Ten is their holier than thou attitude while refusing to take the necessary steps to prevent scandal in the first place. Of course this can be said of just about any D-1 program.

The only way to clean up collegiate sports programs is to take money out of the equation. No tv, no scholarships. Return to true student athleticism. Of course if you believe that will ever happen or has ever existed, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I will gladly sell to you.
Well Coach Hugh Freeze and Rick Pitino would take exception to your statement. They were not trying to stir up a scandal. They were trying to "Prevent" a scandal by "arranging" female companionship for themselves,and in Slick Rick's case,After-hours VIP treatment for himself AND his players...You Know..To work off some steam :lol: ;) You are correct in everything you state.At the major Universities in Athletics...Winning = Money....Big Money= Power and Corruption...To that there is no doubt

I dont believe that Reggie Bush's parents even had jobs when he was at USC. I could be wrong. But they had to have been in big corporations because while Reggie was doing his thing,His parents were living in the Jed Clampett mansion :lol:

Return to “College Sports”