Game chatter...Week 10

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Game chatter...Week 10

Post by OHHS old timer »

Temple is running up and down the field....UCF D is not the same as last year.

Midway thru 2nd...Temple 27 UCF 21

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Game chatter...Week 10

Post by OHHS old timer »

I think it is week 10....hurricane kinda has me side tracked a little...correct me if I'm wrong

The General
All State

Post by The General »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:55 pm Temple is running up and down the field....UCF D is not the same as last year.

Midway thru 2nd...Temple 27 UCF 21
UCF comes back and wins it by 12...1300 total yards...UCF made Temple QB Anthony Russo look like Dan Marino last night :lol: A kid who had struggled a lot of the year throws for nearly 450 and 4 TDs against your defense?..I mean I know UCF(like ohio)cant play fast enough and puts their Defense in Harm's way every week.....Pretty clean ballgame considering...Think Russo threw a couple of picks and 2Ms I think threw 1..Milton wasnt really on his game...Was not very accurate like he usually is.Missed last week..Dont remember any fumbles

Of course Temple buried Maryland by 21.....Held mary to less than 200 yards of total offense and 63 yards passing....

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The thing that I like about UCF is that they always find a way to win, even if they aren't on their game. The defense didn't show up last night, in any way. Milton didn't have a terrible game, but he definitely wasn't on top of his game, he went 17-33 for 312 and 3tds and and interception.

That UCF defense, I agree with General, made Russo look like Marino, or possibly Patrick Mahomes :LOL:

McRae had a very solid game out of the backfield for UCF, 188 yds on 16 carries, holy cow! That's 11.8 a carry.

But yeah, no defense in this one.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Also, last night, Ohio U dismantled Western Michigan last night on the road, 59-14. That's the OU team that we and everyone else expected to see this season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

UCF will never be in serious playoff conversations until they beef up their schedule. Playing a few Power 5 teams that consistently finish in the bottom 25% of not only their conference, but division of their conference is nothing to hang your hat on at the end of the day.

UCF is fun to watch and I like seeing that fast tempo offense but lets face it, most of their schedule is a joke and its much different when you play most of the season in a power 5 conference and every game is difficult if not on your A game.

Right now there isnt a ranked team on UCF's schedule and there wont be when the season is over either. Think about that for a minute.

They add Stanford to their 2019 schedule so they at least will pick up one viable game.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:49 pm UCF will never be in serious playoff conversations until they beef up their schedule. Playing a few Power 5 teams that consistently finish in the bottom 25% of not only their conference, but division of their conference is nothing to hang your hat on at the end of the day.

UCF is fun to watch and I like seeing that fast tempo offense but lets face it, most of their schedule is a joke and its much different when you play most of the season in a power 5 conference and every game is difficult if not on your A game.

Right now there isnt a ranked team on UCF's schedule and there wont be when the season is over either. Think about that for a minute.

They add Stanford to their 2019 schedule so they at least will pick up one viable game.
Agreed. The best teams on their schedule are Cincinnati and USF. Neither of them are bad (both sitting at 7-1), but they probably aren't power five material. There is a good chance that Houston is ranked by the time they play them though.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

1st of all...EVERY Conference is different. That is WHY you cant take the easy way out as it is right now and just put Conference champs in the playoffs...Not EVEN if they expand to 6 or 8...2nd of all if you are in a Power-5 Conference doesnt mean AT ALL that your schedule is difficult in your league,nor doesnt guarantee that your schedule is difficult OOC if you play Power-5 Outfits...It just doesnt....Is Rutgers any good?....Is THE OSU any good?....Are the Illini any good?...I wont go on....UCF is BETTER than anyone in the big 14 not named ohio and UM..and possibly psu,but their talent,coaching,and personnel is every bit as good as psu...And they have a QB who is as good or better than ANY QB in the 14...Including Trace....And would be capable of beating anyone in that conference on ANY given Saturday....Check out what Houston has done so far this year and see if you want to make any kind of Power-5 argument against them and the Cougar's relevance...You dont....Would they match up week to week playing in,lets say,THE SEC playing a GAUNTLET like LSU has...Or Auburn has and will...Or Texas A&M has and will....And others....I doubt it....But what big 14 outfit would?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 pm 1st of all...EVERY Conference is different. That is WHY you cant take the easy way out as it is right now and just put Conference champs in the playoffs...Not EVEN if they expand to 6 or 8...2nd of all if you are in a Power-5 Conference doesnt mean AT ALL that your schedule is difficult in your league,nor doesnt guarantee that your schedule is difficult OOC if you play Power-5 Outfits...It just doesnt....Is Rutgers any good?....Is THE OSU any good?....Are the Illini any good?...I wont go on....UCF is BETTER than anyone in the big 14 not named ohio and UM..and possibly psu,but their talent,coaching,and personnel is every bit as good as psu...And they have a QB who is as good or better than ANY QB in the 14...Including Trace....And would be capable of beating anyone in that conference on ANY given Saturday....Check out what Houston has done so far this year and see if you want to make any kind of Power-5 argument against them and the Cougar's relevance...You dont....Would they match up week to week playing in,lets say,THE SEC playing a GAUNTLET like LSU has...Or Auburn has and will...Or Texas A&M has and will....And others....I doubt it....But what big 14 outfit would?
Good post general!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Just shows regardless of who you are, and I mean anyone, you can't take any opponent lightly. This is D1 football, regardless of conference, everyone comes to play. I honestly believe that UCF would be able to finish in the middle or higher of any power 5 conference. Houston is legit, even if they aren't ranked right now, they can play some ball. D'Erik King at QB for them is a straight up baller!! Continuing talking about the AAC, Cincy and USF are no push-overs either.

The next couple of weeks is when the pressure really comes on for every team in every conference!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:02 pm Just shows regardless of who you are, and I mean anyone, you can't take any opponent lightly. This is D1 football, regardless of conference, everyone comes to play. I honestly believe that UCF would be able to finish in the middle or higher of any power 5 conference. Houston is legit, even if they aren't ranked right now, they can play some ball. D'Erik King at QB for them is a straight up baller!! Continuing talking about the AAC, Cincy and USF are no push-overs either.

The next couple of weeks is when the pressure really comes on for every team in every conference!
Check out Houston in 2015 under Tom Herman and what they did,and then look at 2016 under MApplewhite and what they did and the oppy they had if they would not have layed some eggs in conference....

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:40 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:02 pm Just shows regardless of who you are, and I mean anyone, you can't take any opponent lightly. This is D1 football, regardless of conference, everyone comes to play. I honestly believe that UCF would be able to finish in the middle or higher of any power 5 conference. Houston is legit, even if they aren't ranked right now, they can play some ball. D'Erik King at QB for them is a straight up baller!! Continuing talking about the AAC, Cincy and USF are no push-overs either.

Check out Houston in 2015 under Tom Herman and what they did,and then look at 2016 under MApplewhite and what they did and the oppy they had if they would not have layed some eggs in conference....
Definitely! Those were two dynamic teams.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

#25 Virginia goes down last night at home to Pitt, 23-13.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Clemson starting to impose their will on Louisville, as expected.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Buckeyes score 16 straight on the Cornshuckers after giving up an early td.

But punt it away after recovering a backwards pass

16-7 tOSU....early 2nd

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

2 Clemson 28
Louisville 3

Texas A&M 14
Auburn 10

Both middle 2nd

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

22 Syracuse 14
Wake Forest 10

Early 2nd

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 pm 2 Clemson 28
Louisville 3

Texas A&M 14
Auburn 10

Both middle 2nd
Auburn has 7.....not 10

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:09 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 pm 2 Clemson 28
Louisville 3

Texas A&M 14
Auburn 10

Both middle 2nd
Auburn has 7.....not 10
Man....i can't type today....THE score is

Auburn 14
Tex A&M 10....under 2 mins left in half

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Buckeyes shooting themselves in da foot....still lead 16-14 but....

Nebraska in the red zone with under a minute left in first half....now at the 3....first and goal...td Cornhuskers...all this after an OSU fumble....pat 👍

21-16 Nebraska....time for a Vince Lombardi halftime ass chewing talk!!!!

Return to “College Sports”