OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS, WHAT SAY YA'LL.

farmer
SEOP

Re: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS, WHAT SAY YA'LL.

Post by farmer »

Good Martel is in the game. Jordan is slow on the snaps and since this is his first year at center he plays timid. Can make mistakes. How to help that GET UNDER CENTER. I maybe the first person to mention that this year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

farmer wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm Good Martel is in the game. Jordan is slow on the snaps and since this is his first year at center he plays timid. Can make mistakes. How to help that GET UNDER CENTER. I maybe the first person to mention that this year.
Not the only person though. Get Haskins under center and hand the ball off instead of that stupid read option when there is 0% chance NONE he will carry the ball.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I think it has been mentioned by people most of the games this year. Martel seems to be more of a gamer than Haskins. More like Browns QB Mayfield. One thing with Martel is getting that Blue team something to think about with their good defense. Gives OSU something other than Haskins.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very nice win by the buckeyes as the special teams smothered sparty all day and the buckeye defense tackled well all day, and the secondary play was at a much better level. urban looked much more confident on the sidelines, and we got a big effort out of weber and the oline the second half. special teams were off the chain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haskins had a wonderful game throwing the ball.but our special teams especially our punting game was lights out. very good effort by the buckeyes with a dominating win over the number 1 ranked defense in the country against the run. the buckeyes held sparty in their own territory the whole game and stuffed their run game as well. next up the marlyland terps, can't get caught looking ahead to the big showdown in Columbus with Michigan the following week. now we need some help today in the top 10.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Color me wrong, I thought OSU would have folded their tents instead of winning 26-6.

Jim Tressel would be proud. Punting and defense won the game by controlling field position. Chrisman kept Sparty bottled up with consistent punting inside the ten. The defense survived a Sparty flea flicker touchdown that was called back. That deflated Sparty and the OSU defense started to be dominant the rest of the way with good coverage and tackling. I know MSU is not good on offense, but OSU finally showed a little bit of their potential on D.

Ohio State on offense honestly struggled against a respectable Sparty defense. Haskins was 24-39 for 227 and one td while Weber got 104 of the Buckeye 120 yard rushing total. The positives were no turnovers and the appearance of Tate Martell in a red zone running package.

I am still not sold on the 2018 Buckeyes, but they did halt their regression. The defense showed glimpses of being fundamentally sound and the offense did not beat themselves. That and Urban Meyer was willing to do something different.

I still do not like their chances of beating Michigan, but it does look like they will give the Wolverines a game. Do not make your reservations for the CCG just yet.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree omega. great call I thought by dantonio to take the safety there intentionally. only made the score 9-6 at that time. I'd have done the same thing. but we kept them so hemmed in, a mistake was likely to happen from nerves, and it did on the botched snap that got the bucks a td. was it a stellar performance, no. but it was a win of domination by the defense and special teams. great point about tressel. I mentioned that to mrs. bait yesterday here in ''the baitcave'' . this is definitely one to build on. now not to lay a turd in the terps front yard is what we need to see. at one time this season the terps were rolling along. but between the players death, and the debacle with dj durkin and firing him. they are still very competitive , but just not hitting on all cylinders right now. we need to destroy them and any hopes of an upset.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I to would like to see weber and dobbins in the backfield at the same time. haskins under center some, since he's no threat to run. but with the inconsistency of our oline, that may be a disaster. I'd like to see tate more involved in the run game as well. but not at the risk of losing momentum in a huge drive or close game. the second fumble with tate in was just a horrible snap from center. haskins may have had a chance to catch it where he is taller and longer arms. nut just an errant snap. centers have a lot going on pre snap, remembering the count/cadence and telling of blitzes or stunts. and then place a perfect snap back in the gun. and our center is not used to that position anyway. but ohio state is excellent at moving olinemen around to accommodate the situations, especially at center. with 2 rimington award winners the last 2 years for the top center. between elflein and price. but that streak ends there.

Return to “College Sports”