What happens if....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

What happens if....

Post by dazed&confused »

......TSUN comes in to Columbus vs. a one loss Buckeye team and tOSU wins a close game? Do the Buckeyes get into the playoffs with a win in the B1G Championship game? As Buckeye fans, do we even want that to happen? Just asking?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: What happens if....

Post by Chieftain2009 »

That's always a possibility. But no, we do NOT want anything to do with the playoff.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 am ......TSUN comes in to Columbus vs. a one loss Buckeye team and tOSU wins a close game? Do the Buckeyes get into the playoffs with a win in the B1G Championship game? As Buckeye fans, do we even want that to happen? Just asking?

If the top four stay the same and the Bucke move to #5 And beat Meatchicken that are in. With the way the Bucks are playing it will take teams a head of them to fall and the Bucks to keep winning. They needs some blowouts.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well if OSU turns things around and play to their potential then that could make things interesting.Taking chances and manufacturing points on defense along with special teams. Without making turnovers. Not holding my breathe on that or would bet more than a dollar on that happening. . The way OSU is playing now Alabama plays their second team to Roll the Bucks. Play the season out and go to a Bowl Game. Work on doing the little things to win games every play.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'm with Farmer. If I was a Buckeye fan I'd want them to win out the season, get things corrected and win the bowl game. Over getting embarrassed on national TV by Bama. Then you have to listen to the talk heads talk about how o$u shouldn't have been there in the first place,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. Just finish the season strong and get things corrected.

AT THE RESERVATION
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I think OSU will beat UM and win the BIG 10 Championship. However, with a blow out loss on their resume the Big 10 will be shut out of the playoffs again.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Unfortunately it is a waste of bandwidth to discuss Ohio State's 2018 playoff chances after the beatdown at Purdue. Even convincing wins over Michigan and in the CCG would not be enough to propel the Bucks into the final four. Even if Michigan wins out, they are not automatically in. They would be one of three conference champs plus Notre Dame competing for two spots, and the Domers own the tie breaker over the Wolverines. Yeah I know that chaos will happen, but the last thing the Bucks need is another beat down on the national stage.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

IMO. If o$u even beats Michigan and wins out, I wouldn't expect them to get in. Even if Bama loses in the $ec title game. If o$u wins out it could be Bama Clem, ND and/or Okla, Georgia or WV. Georgia and Okla resume is better then o$u. SOS, SOR, GC and FPI ranks are all better.

AT THE RESERVATION
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If we win out we will be in, but that is a BIG IF I know we wont beat TTUN.... They are going to blow us out!!!! I am just hoping we can beat Mich St and get a decent bowl game however i dont see happening either......

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OZZIEOHIO wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm If we win out we will be in, but that is a BIG IF I know we wont beat TTUN.... They are going to blow us out!!!! I am just hoping we can beat Mich St and get a decent bowl game however i dont see happening either......
I really dont think OSU is in if they win out. Alabama, Clemson are locks if they win out as is Norte Dame and they should all win out. That being the case I think the winner of Oklahoma/West Virginia is in provided neither one stumbles before their big game.
Now, a lot could happen to throw a wrench in some of that:
If Georgia beats Bama and then wins the SEC Title game does the committee repeat last year and put both of them in along with Clemson and Norte Dame?
Maybe Oklahoma or WV loses a game before their matchup and that team beats the other giving both teams two losses. They are out leaving a spot open for either Ohio State or possibly Washington State who sits at one loss.
STILL ALOT OF FOOTBALL TOP PLAY WITH SOME HUGE GAMES!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

still 3 games left, osu has 3 winning teams left on schedule in mich. state, Maryland. and Michigan. one game at a time and some help and crazy things can happen. yes I want the playoffs, league titles, everything they can earn. teams still have rivalry games involved and anything can happen. I think if ohio state wins out, and heavy on the if there. they will muster a ton of respect. but we're gonna need some help. then conferences have title games left and crazy things can happen. but the bucks have to figure out how to keep from playing flat and laying an egg each year in a game they have not prepared properly for. and turn a tough team like mid level big 10 purdue into a world beater.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Big-10 winner doesn't want to be in the playoffs this year period regardless of who wins. This is a very down year overall and it would be ugly. I personally think Notre Dame is in the same boat.

* They'll match OSU-LSU in a bowl game just for $$$$$ is my guess because of Joey's transfer*

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”