What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

User avatar
Valenth
SEOP
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am
Location: Ohio

What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Valenth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Not a lot of movement up at the top. However I still think LSU is no longer a contender.


1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan

5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma

7. WVU
8. Washington State
9. Ohio State
10. UCF
11.LSU
12. Syracuse
13. Florida
14. North Carolina State
15. Iowa State
16. Texas
17. Utah
18. Kentucky
19. Penn State
20. Boise State
21. Northwestern
22. Cincinnati
23. Boston College
24. Utah State
25. Army



Omega
S
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Omega » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere higher in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

User avatar
Valenth
SEOP
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am
Location: Ohio

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Valenth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm
Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they were not at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:

Omega
S
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Omega » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Valenth wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm
Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm
Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they went at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:
Valenth wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm
Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm
Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they went at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:

And I proofed my post after you proofed your post!
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

User avatar
Valenth
SEOP
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am
Location: Ohio

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Valenth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

Omega
S
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Omega » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Just an aside that does not matter, OSU slid down one spot to 8th in the coaches poll after a so called "good" win over Sparty. They were jumped by WVU who destroyed a TCU team that State struggled with.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

OHHS old timer
All State
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Florida ranked too high...after two beatdowns, they barely defeated Carolina.

NC State should drop several spots after a loss to Wake Forest.

Evryrhing else looks pretty okay....imo
Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23326
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 am

I think Oklahoma drops farther myself. they had like 1400 yards in the game combined with the pokes. it was a 7 on 7 game in pads. between the 2 bedlam teams, they all had to change cleats twice from wearing the spikes out. it was a track meet. the defenses in the big 12 are woeful. the pokes lost the game by a missed extra point, plain and simple. though one play or one player never wins or loses a game in theory, sometimes it just is what it it. the kicker was like 42 of 43 at the time. that extra point was all that was the difference in that game. plain and simple pointwise. but I'm not saying the kicker lost the game by any means. it was just a woeful defensive game against an unranked poke team. and a near disaster for the sooners. it is what it is. if that was ohio state they would pay dearly. that's the only change I can see in the top 10 is how the boomer sooners are viewed after their nailbiter. I'm not saying the bucks should pass them. I'm just saying they should drop a few rungs on the ladder if all is fair.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4891
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Bleeding Red » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am

The General wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...
We lets see. UM's only loss was to the #3 ranked team who is still unbeaten on the road early in the season. By one score. Its a fact that UM's offense and defense are statistically much better now than they were in week #1. Michigan has played all FBS opponents.

Georgia got beat by LSU who has 2 losses and did not in fact play all FBS schools up to this point on their schedule. LSU was their big game and they lost by 20.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Even the SEC loving CFP Committee cant prop up Georgia over UM.

User avatar
1987chieftains
SEOPS H
Posts: 7289
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by 1987chieftains » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 pm

ESPN is lobbing for there agenda of 2 SEC teams (Bama, Georgia) Clemson and ND. Which could happen if Georgia beat Bama in the SEC title game. Paul Finebaum (SEC/ESPN know it all B1TCH)........ Have any of you watched his show? ICK... Its trouble! At one time he was pushing for three SEC teams, Bama Georgia and LSU.
AT THE RESERVATION

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4870
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by smurray » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:57 pm

I’d switch West Va. & Oklahoma and not sold at all on Washington State, maybe have Ohio state over them.
Georgia got beat by 2 loss LSU while Michigan’s only loss is to #3 undefeated Notre Dame so anyone saying Georgia should be ranked above Michigan is nuts....

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23326
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm

the sec has some yawners this week.
bama vs. the citadel FCS
ga. vs umass D1
auburn vs. liberty D1
florida vs. Idaho FCS
lsu vs. rice. worst d1 team in the country.
south Carolina vs. ut Chattanooga FCS

by contrast the big team team games are
ohio state vs. Maryland
Wisconsin vs. purdue
mich. state vs, Nebraska
oenn state vs. Rutgers
Michigan vs. Indiana
iowa vs. Illinois
northwestern vs. Minnesota.

the big 10 played 2 fcs school iowa played northern iowa at the beginning of the season, and Illinois played western Illinois the beginning of the season. but those were the only fcs games in the big 10 in this season.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23326
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

the sec does this every year the week before rivalry week playing very poor or fcs teams.

here's how the major conferences are standing heading into week 11. I looked through all the conferences. and listed what conferences had the most amount of teams that each had winning records. .500 or better. here's how it played out.

big ten == 10 teams
acc 9 == teams
big 12 == 6 teams
pac 12 == 9 teams
sec == 12 teams
mountain west == 6 teams
mac == 6 teams
sun belt == 7 teams.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Bleeding Red wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am
The General wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...
We lets see. UM's only loss was to the #3 ranked team who is still unbeaten on the road early in the season. By one score. Its a fact that UM's offense and defense are statistically much better now than they were in week #1. Michigan has played all FBS opponents.

Georgia got beat by LSU who has 2 losses and did not in fact play all FBS schools up to this point on their schedule. LSU was their big game and they lost by 20.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Even the SEC loving CFP Committee cant prop up Georgia over UM.
There you go Red!!....You have a ways to go ...But....IF you could pull those HOMERS out of your backside?...I do believe that maybe you could have some kind of half-ass intelligent conversation..I really do...You seem to understand a little bit. A lot more than most on this board...Give me some more...Cap the games...Give me some matchups.....Give me some analysis....Some REAL analytics...Some GAMBLING poop....And some Eye test!!..Will you do that without wanting to fight?

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4891
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 am

The General wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:40 pm
Bleeding Red wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am
The General wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...
We lets see. UM's only loss was to the #3 ranked team who is still unbeaten on the road early in the season. By one score. Its a fact that UM's offense and defense are statistically much better now than they were in week #1. Michigan has played all FBS opponents.

Georgia got beat by LSU who has 2 losses and did not in fact play all FBS schools up to this point on their schedule. LSU was their big game and they lost by 20.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Even the SEC loving CFP Committee cant prop up Georgia over UM.
There you go Red!!....You have a ways to go ...But....IF you could pull those HOMERS out of your backside?...I do believe that maybe you could have some kind of half-ass intelligent conversation..I really do...You seem to understand a little bit. A lot more than most on this board...Give me some more...Cap the games...Give me some matchups.....Give me some analysis....Some REAL analytics...Some GAMBLING poop....And some Eye test!!..Will you do that without wanting to fight?
As an OSU fan, why would I say anything positive at all about ttun unless it was deserving? You're not very bright if you cant get that concept.

Argue my points:

1.) UM is majorly improved in every category since the week 1 loss to ND. Georgia not so much.
2.) UM's only loss to one of the only unbeaten and currently ranked #3 team on the road by one score. Georgia got that ass whipped by LSU by 20. An LSU team with now 2 losses and was in a dogfight with a REALLY poor 2 win Arkansas team.
3.) Michigan has played all FBS schools. Georgia has not.

Lets have a debate on the facts.......if you can do that, which I dont think you can. I think you will revert to more 'homer" comments and such because you cant handle facts.

So either chime in on my facts above or get lost.

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm

You are just pissing in the wind again :lol: ....Throwing out opinions..First of all you dont impress me at ALL being an ohio HOMER!!...BIG DEAL...Second of all you are putting your lips all over Michigan for 2 reasons. #1 is you have a bad case of Envytidehatesec...make NO mistake about it :lol: ..And second...As the ohio HOMER you are so proud of being, you want to build UM up so IF ohio beats them...Well you know .....PLAYOFF for ohio bux.. :lol: ...Doubt it

Yep!!...Georgia has gotten worse all right..lol...In their last 3 ballgames that were wins over a 7-3 Gator outfit,A 7-3 Ky team who was on a hell of a roll and was at home,and War Eagle(Who has upwards of 10-12 future NFL players on Defense..A Future NFL QB...and about 3-4 future NFL Wide=outs)The Dawgs have ran for 830 yards(6.6 YPC) against tremendous SEC fronts and have threw for 566 yds,6 TDs,completing 69% of their balls. In their last 3 games. Defensively their last 3 games they have allowed less than 6yds per Attempt throwing it and lass than 4yds per Attempt running it. So....If they are regressing as you say :lol: ..I am sure that Coach Smart will take it :lol: ....And BTW ...I doubt Ga would have much trouble with WMU,SMU,Corn(without Much of AM)NW(Who gagged a 17-0 lead)Mary,bucky,spart,Psu.....And Rut :lol: ..And Ga has beat ND lately at ND....Middle Tennessee would beat at LEAST 1/2 of the teams in the big 14..And NOBODY in the big 14 is going to DEATH VALLEY this year at night and beat LSU....Who in the Hell do you think you are?....THE TIDE?...Dont think so...

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:21 pm

*Georgia has beat 6 ballclubs with winning records. The teams they have beat are a combined 51-38.Overall 59-40...Teams that UM have beat are 45-45 combined.UM has beaten 5 teams with winning records.
*Ga has the 3rd toughest Strength of schedule in America.THE SEC has the top 5 teams in the country as far as S.O.S.,8 out of the top 11,10 out of the top 15,and 13 out of the top 35...Michigan is 9th
* Ga. is 3rd in the COUNTRY in Offensive Efficiency...Michigan is 8th
*Ga has more 1st downs than Michigan.They are similar in 3rd and 4th down conversions.
*Ga has the most ELITE kicker in College football.
*Ga is 24th in America in total yards,averaging 462 Yds Per Game....Michigan is 49th
*Ga is 77th in the country in passing yards averaging 9 Yards Per Attempt....Michigan is 87th and Avg 8.5 Per Attempt
*Ga is 14th in rushing yards in the country averaging 6 Yds Per Carry...Michigan is 31st averaging 5 yds Per Carry
*UM has a SLIGHT edge in some defensive metrics over Georgia that are important to me..Week to week...Year to year...But just slightly...And it is NO WONDER :lol: ....The ONLY QB that they have played who MAY have next level ability is Clayton Thorson...Whereas Georgia has had to go head to head with Jake Bentley,Jake Lock,Kyle Shurmer,Jarrett Stidham,along with "Real Signal Callers" like Stockstill and Joe Burrow..Not guys that play for the SWMUs.Bunch,Hill(Who has a torn ACL and is out...So you dont have to fear him HOMERS this weekend in that titanic clash...A guy who has had FOUR ballgames this year where he threw for LESS than 75 yards!! :lol: :lol: )Horney,Those 2 DUDS for spart,an injured Trace McSorley,and THE Arthur Sitkowski experience...

I do believe that Georgia would beat Michigan...I would call it a Push at QB...Georgia at the skill positions....With a HUGE edge at RB with Holyfield and a NOW healthy Swift...If they can get healthy another HUGE edge up front offensively....I would give the edge in experience and production to UM up front defensively(They have THE BEST and MOST PRODUCTIVE Edge defender in America the last 2-3 years in Chase Winovich).....Both are solid at LB...And fast....Give the advantage to Ga in the BackEnd and special teams

Maybe you can learn something red but I doubt it.I could also X and 0 you to your eyeballs popped out of your head goofball.So I am DONE with the likes of you....You are not worth anymore of my time...But I will leave you with this....If Clemson and ND Chalk out.....And Ga knocks off THE TIDE in THE SEC Championship game(Which they can)..If Ga takes care of business until then and BAMA can get by War Eagle..?Then the FINAL 4 will NOT Have a big 14 Team again....Which if this would happen should be the 5th year in a row that the big 14 should have BEEN OMMITTED...... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23326
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am

socialize much ??????????????????????????????
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:22 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am
socialize much ??????????????????????????????
All the time!!!....Work also!!...2 jobs...Retired and invest......Watch grandkids on days off!!....YOU? :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4891
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Bleeding Red » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Florida and UK sucks.

Use some punctuation Grunt. It will make your senseless tyraids at least easier to read.

The General
All State
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by The General » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:12 pm

No!....Rut...Mary...Northwestern...WMU...SMU....Spart..and Bucky suck..Corn is 3-7 Crunt...And Psu isnt worth a darn Crunt...They may be in your LITTLE big 14 and ohio HOMER mind :lol: ...Crunt...Enough punctuation and enunciation for you?..Grunt?....And BTW..I Read a Hell of a lot better than you spell Grunt....What is a tyraid Grunt? The name of a "new" passing attack,from lets say Maryland?..Or Rutgers?..Or the Illini?...Or Spart?..Or Minny?.....

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23326
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

The General wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:22 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am
socialize much ??????????????????????????????
All the time!!!....Work also!!...2 jobs...Retired and invest......Watch grandkids on days off!!....YOU? :lol:
no sir, wish I could.
I been out to pasture and stud since 92.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4891
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Bleeding Red » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am

This is what we know after several years from the CFP committee:

They can angle their guidelines in how they rank teams based on whatever they choose to use from the many different variables so they can get to the final 4 that they want to see. Stats, conference championships,head to heads do not matter to them.

*Conference championships do not matter (Penn St, Ohio State and USC)
*Winning the DIVISION of your conference doesnt matter (Alabama)
*The will do whatever they need to make sure they have the best chance to get 2 SEC teams into the playoffs and make sure they have at least one SEC team in the playoffs
*Win/Loss is the only thing that matters- SEC has the easiest scheduling in all power 5 conferences by only playing 8 conference games and also loading up on FCS schools (this weekend is basically a bye week for them). The ACC has followed suit. Why play anyone that matters when you can play The Citadel (Bama), Idaho (Florida) , Middle Tennessee (Kentucky), UAB (Texas A&M), (Rice) LSU and Chattanooga (South Carolina). Complete joke.

This can easily been seen (again) in this weeks rankings:

Georgia ranked higher than LSU- so head to heads do not matter even though LSU beat Georgia by 20. Complete and utter joke. CFP Committee loses any and all credibility right there.

But there is a reason they do this stuff- they want to make sure that Georgia is ranked as HIGH as POSSIBLE when they play Bama. It is their safety net for if Bama loses or if Georgia wins.

Guess who the highest ranked 2 loss team is? LSU- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 3 loss team is? Florida- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 4 loss team is? Mississippi State- SEC team

The committee has done this the past 3 years. Prop SEC (and now ACC) teams up as high as they can in the top 25 so their biased opinions look to carry weight.

Nothing but a sham. I think they need to either go to an 8 team playoff (all conference winners, 3 at large, all at large needs to at least win their respective division of their conference). Top 4 ranked teams host the first round. Get some of these southern schools up north.

I bet if Bama gets beat by Georgia and dont make it in, there will be an 8 team playoff as early as next year!

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4870
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by smurray » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Bleeding Red wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am
This is what we know after several years from the CFP committee:

They can angle their guidelines in how they rank teams based on whatever they choose to use from the many different variables so they can get to the final 4 that they want to see. Stats, conference championships,head to heads do not matter to them.

*Conference championships do not matter (Penn St, Ohio State and USC)
*Winning the DIVISION of your conference doesnt matter (Alabama)
*The will do whatever they need to make sure they have the best chance to get 2 SEC teams into the playoffs and make sure they have at least one SEC team in the playoffs
*Win/Loss is the only thing that matters- SEC has the easiest scheduling in all power 5 conferences by only playing 8 conference games and also loading up on FCS schools (this weekend is basically a bye week for them). The ACC has followed suit. Why play anyone that matters when you can play The Citadel (Bama), Idaho (Florida) , Middle Tennessee (Kentucky), UAB (Texas A&M), (Rice) LSU and Chattanooga (South Carolina). Complete joke.

This can easily been seen (again) in this weeks rankings:

Georgia ranked higher than LSU- so head to heads do not matter even though LSU beat Georgia by 20. Complete and utter joke. CFP Committee loses any and all credibility right there.

But there is a reason they do this stuff- they want to make sure that Georgia is ranked as HIGH as POSSIBLE when they play Bama. It is their safety net for if Bama loses or if Georgia wins.

Guess who the highest ranked 2 loss team is? LSU- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 3 loss team is? Florida- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 4 loss team is? Mississippi State- SEC team

The committee has done this the past 3 years. Prop SEC (and now ACC) teams up as high as they can in the top 25 so their biased opinions look to carry weight.

Nothing but a sham. I think they need to either go to an 8 team playoff (all conference winners, 3 at large, all at large needs to at least win their respective division of their conference). Top 4 ranked teams host the first round. Get some of these southern schools up north.

I bet if Bama gets beat by Georgia and dont make it in, there will be an 8 team playoff as early as next year!
I think you are spot on.

Post Reply