What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Valenth
SEOP

What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Valenth »

Not a lot of movement up at the top. However I still think LSU is no longer a contender.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan

5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma

7. WVU
8. Washington State
9. Ohio State
10. UCF
11.LSU
12. Syracuse
13. Florida
14. North Carolina State
15. Iowa State
16. Texas
17. Utah
18. Kentucky
19. Penn State
20. Boise State
21. Northwestern
22. Cincinnati
23. Boston College
24. Utah State
25. Army

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Omega »

Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere higher in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they were not at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm Again it looks good, but I would have kept LSU somewhere in the rankings. Although I believe OSU making the CFP is a lost cause, it would be fun to see the Bucks matched up with Wazzou in the Rose Bowl or LSU in a Florida bowl.
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they went at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:
Valenth wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm
I just saw when I fixed my adjustments they went at 11 where I had them. I just fixed that :lol:

And I proofed my post after you proofed your post!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

:lol: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Just an aside that does not matter, OSU slid down one spot to 8th in the coaches poll after a so called "good" win over Sparty. They were jumped by WVU who destroyed a TCU team that State struggled with.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Florida ranked too high...after two beatdowns, they barely defeated Carolina.

NC State should drop several spots after a loss to Wake Forest.

Evryrhing else looks pretty okay....imo

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think Oklahoma drops farther myself. they had like 1400 yards in the game combined with the pokes. it was a 7 on 7 game in pads. between the 2 bedlam teams, they all had to change cleats twice from wearing the spikes out. it was a track meet. the defenses in the big 12 are woeful. the pokes lost the game by a missed extra point, plain and simple. though one play or one player never wins or loses a game in theory, sometimes it just is what it it. the kicker was like 42 of 43 at the time. that extra point was all that was the difference in that game. plain and simple pointwise. but I'm not saying the kicker lost the game by any means. it was just a woeful defensive game against an unranked poke team. and a near disaster for the sooners. it is what it is. if that was ohio state they would pay dearly. that's the only change I can see in the top 10 is how the boomer sooners are viewed after their nailbiter. I'm not saying the bucks should pass them. I'm just saying they should drop a few rungs on the ladder if all is fair.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

Do they have a better QB....And I have said many times that Ga is playing the wrong guy....But is Shea better than Fromm?...Who is better up Front Offensively?...Ga has been so beat up there losing The Nation's BEST Center among other guys....Who has the best In-line and Split TE's/HB types?....Who has the best and most explosive Wide-outs?.....Who has the most ELITE RB group?

Whose front 7 is better on Defense?...Whose Backend is better?...What about the kicking game?....Coaching?...Experience?....Someone jump in who may know SOMETHING (WHICH is a rarity on this board)...But there are a few...Lets have a discussion......The Who's ,The How's,and The Why's????....Jump aboard ohio and Big 14 HOMERS and explain why Michigan is ranked above the Dawgs!!..Or why you think ohio should be ranked above either 1 of them?...Let her rip..

I believe,myself, that Georgia is BETTER than Michigan and would beat them.I also hope and believe that the Great Coach Jim Harbaugh gets off the shnide and finally beats hell out of ohio bux like he would have/should have the last 2 years sans the Wilton Speight Experience and John O'Korn....But that is to be determined...
We lets see. UM's only loss was to the #3 ranked team who is still unbeaten on the road early in the season. By one score. Its a fact that UM's offense and defense are statistically much better now than they were in week #1. Michigan has played all FBS opponents.

Georgia got beat by LSU who has 2 losses and did not in fact play all FBS schools up to this point on their schedule. LSU was their big game and they lost by 20.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Even the SEC loving CFP Committee cant prop up Georgia over UM.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ESPN is lobbing for there agenda of 2 SEC teams (Bama, Georgia) Clemson and ND. Which could happen if Georgia beat Bama in the SEC title game. Paul Finebaum (SEC/ESPN know it all B1TCH)........ Have any of you watched his show? ICK... Its trouble! At one time he was pushing for three SEC teams, Bama Georgia and LSU.

AT THE RESERVATION
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’d switch West Va. & Oklahoma and not sold at all on Washington State, maybe have Ohio state over them.
Georgia got beat by 2 loss LSU while Michigan’s only loss is to #3 undefeated Notre Dame so anyone saying Georgia should be ranked above Michigan is nuts....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the sec has some yawners this week.
bama vs. the citadel FCS
ga. vs umass D1
auburn vs. liberty D1
florida vs. Idaho FCS
lsu vs. rice. worst d1 team in the country.
south Carolina vs. ut Chattanooga FCS

by contrast the big team team games are
ohio state vs. Maryland
Wisconsin vs. purdue
mich. state vs, Nebraska
oenn state vs. Rutgers
Michigan vs. Indiana
iowa vs. Illinois
northwestern vs. Minnesota.

the big 10 played 2 fcs school iowa played northern iowa at the beginning of the season, and Illinois played western Illinois the beginning of the season. but those were the only fcs games in the big 10 in this season.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the sec does this every year the week before rivalry week playing very poor or fcs teams.

here's how the major conferences are standing heading into week 11. I looked through all the conferences. and listed what conferences had the most amount of teams that each had winning records. .500 or better. here's how it played out.

big ten == 10 teams
acc 9 == teams
big 12 == 6 teams
pac 12 == 9 teams
sec == 12 teams
mountain west == 6 teams
mac == 6 teams
sun belt == 7 teams.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am
The General wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm Somebody give me ONE Legit...Not the narrative...Not Perception... JUST a REASON why Michigan would be ranked ahead of Georgia in any College football poll? AND not because the committee says so :lol: .....Resume?...Eye test?...More deserving?.... SOS.....I mean on November 11th what is it?...Because they are in the big 14 which is mediocre at best?....

We lets see. UM's only loss was to the #3 ranked team who is still unbeaten on the road early in the season. By one score. Its a fact that UM's offense and defense are statistically much better now than they were in week #1. Michigan has played all FBS opponents.

Georgia got beat by LSU who has 2 losses and did not in fact play all FBS schools up to this point on their schedule. LSU was their big game and they lost by 20.

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Even the SEC loving CFP Committee cant prop up Georgia over UM.
There you go Red!!....You have a ways to go ...But....IF you could pull those HOMERS out of your backside?...I do believe that maybe you could have some kind of half-ass intelligent conversation..I really do...You seem to understand a little bit. A lot more than most on this board...Give me some more...Cap the games...Give me some matchups.....Give me some analysis....Some REAL analytics...Some GAMBLING poop....And some Eye test!!..Will you do that without wanting to fight?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:40 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am

There you go Red!!....You have a ways to go ...But....IF you could pull those HOMERS out of your backside?...I do believe that maybe you could have some kind of half-ass intelligent conversation..I really do...You seem to understand a little bit. A lot more than most on this board...Give me some more...Cap the games...Give me some matchups.....Give me some analysis....Some REAL analytics...Some GAMBLING poop....And some Eye test!!..Will you do that without wanting to fight?
As an OSU fan, why would I say anything positive at all about ttun unless it was deserving? You're not very bright if you cant get that concept.

Argue my points:

1.) UM is majorly improved in every category since the week 1 loss to ND. Georgia not so much.
2.) UM's only loss to one of the only unbeaten and currently ranked #3 team on the road by one score. Georgia got that ass whipped by LSU by 20. An LSU team with now 2 losses and was in a dogfight with a REALLY poor 2 win Arkansas team.
3.) Michigan has played all FBS schools. Georgia has not.

Lets have a debate on the facts.......if you can do that, which I dont think you can. I think you will revert to more 'homer" comments and such because you cant handle facts.

So either chime in on my facts above or get lost.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You are just pissing in the wind again :lol: ....Throwing out opinions..First of all you dont impress me at ALL being an ohio HOMER!!...BIG DEAL...Second of all you are putting your lips all over Michigan for 2 reasons. #1 is you have a bad case of Envytidehatesec...make NO mistake about it :lol: ..And second...As the ohio HOMER you are so proud of being, you want to build UM up so IF ohio beats them...Well you know .....PLAYOFF for ohio bux.. :lol: ...Doubt it

Yep!!...Georgia has gotten worse all right..lol...In their last 3 ballgames that were wins over a 7-3 Gator outfit,A 7-3 Ky team who was on a hell of a roll and was at home,and War Eagle(Who has upwards of 10-12 future NFL players on Defense..A Future NFL QB...and about 3-4 future NFL Wide=outs)The Dawgs have ran for 830 yards(6.6 YPC) against tremendous SEC fronts and have threw for 566 yds,6 TDs,completing 69% of their balls. In their last 3 games. Defensively their last 3 games they have allowed less than 6yds per Attempt throwing it and lass than 4yds per Attempt running it. So....If they are regressing as you say :lol: ..I am sure that Coach Smart will take it :lol: ....And BTW ...I doubt Ga would have much trouble with WMU,SMU,Corn(without Much of AM)NW(Who gagged a 17-0 lead)Mary,bucky,spart,Psu.....And Rut :lol: ..And Ga has beat ND lately at ND....Middle Tennessee would beat at LEAST 1/2 of the teams in the big 14..And NOBODY in the big 14 is going to DEATH VALLEY this year at night and beat LSU....Who in the Hell do you think you are?....THE TIDE?...Dont think so...

The General
All State

Post by The General »

*Georgia has beat 6 ballclubs with winning records. The teams they have beat are a combined 51-38.Overall 59-40...Teams that UM have beat are 45-45 combined.UM has beaten 5 teams with winning records.
*Ga has the 3rd toughest Strength of schedule in America.THE SEC has the top 5 teams in the country as far as S.O.S.,8 out of the top 11,10 out of the top 15,and 13 out of the top 35...Michigan is 9th
* Ga. is 3rd in the COUNTRY in Offensive Efficiency...Michigan is 8th
*Ga has more 1st downs than Michigan.They are similar in 3rd and 4th down conversions.
*Ga has the most ELITE kicker in College football.
*Ga is 24th in America in total yards,averaging 462 Yds Per Game....Michigan is 49th
*Ga is 77th in the country in passing yards averaging 9 Yards Per Attempt....Michigan is 87th and Avg 8.5 Per Attempt
*Ga is 14th in rushing yards in the country averaging 6 Yds Per Carry...Michigan is 31st averaging 5 yds Per Carry
*UM has a SLIGHT edge in some defensive metrics over Georgia that are important to me..Week to week...Year to year...But just slightly...And it is NO WONDER :lol: ....The ONLY QB that they have played who MAY have next level ability is Clayton Thorson...Whereas Georgia has had to go head to head with Jake Bentley,Jake Lock,Kyle Shurmer,Jarrett Stidham,along with "Real Signal Callers" like Stockstill and Joe Burrow..Not guys that play for the SWMUs.Bunch,Hill(Who has a torn ACL and is out...So you dont have to fear him HOMERS this weekend in that titanic clash...A guy who has had FOUR ballgames this year where he threw for LESS than 75 yards!! :lol: :lol: )Horney,Those 2 DUDS for spart,an injured Trace McSorley,and THE Arthur Sitkowski experience...

I do believe that Georgia would beat Michigan...I would call it a Push at QB...Georgia at the skill positions....With a HUGE edge at RB with Holyfield and a NOW healthy Swift...If they can get healthy another HUGE edge up front offensively....I would give the edge in experience and production to UM up front defensively(They have THE BEST and MOST PRODUCTIVE Edge defender in America the last 2-3 years in Chase Winovich).....Both are solid at LB...And fast....Give the advantage to Ga in the BackEnd and special teams

Maybe you can learn something red but I doubt it.I could also X and 0 you to your eyeballs popped out of your head goofball.So I am DONE with the likes of you....You are not worth anymore of my time...But I will leave you with this....If Clemson and ND Chalk out.....And Ga knocks off THE TIDE in THE SEC Championship game(Which they can)..If Ga takes care of business until then and BAMA can get by War Eagle..?Then the FINAL 4 will NOT Have a big 14 Team again....Which if this would happen should be the 5th year in a row that the big 14 should have BEEN OMMITTED...... :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

socialize much ??????????????????????????????

The General
All State

Post by The General »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am socialize much ??????????????????????????????
All the time!!!....Work also!!...2 jobs...Retired and invest......Watch grandkids on days off!!....YOU? :lol:

Return to “College Sports”