What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Bleeding Red »

Florida and UK sucks.

Use some punctuation Grunt. It will make your senseless tyraids at least easier to read.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

No!....Rut...Mary...Northwestern...WMU...SMU....Spart..and Bucky suck..Corn is 3-7 Crunt...And Psu isnt worth a darn Crunt...They may be in your LITTLE big 14 and ohio HOMER mind :lol: ...Crunt...Enough punctuation and enunciation for you?..Grunt?....And BTW..I Read a Hell of a lot better than you spell Grunt....What is a tyraid Grunt? The name of a "new" passing attack,from lets say Maryland?..Or Rutgers?..Or the Illini?...Or Spart?..Or Minny?.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The General wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:22 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am socialize much ??????????????????????????????
All the time!!!....Work also!!...2 jobs...Retired and invest......Watch grandkids on days off!!....YOU? :lol:
no sir, wish I could.
I been out to pasture and stud since 92.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This is what we know after several years from the CFP committee:

They can angle their guidelines in how they rank teams based on whatever they choose to use from the many different variables so they can get to the final 4 that they want to see. Stats, conference championships,head to heads do not matter to them.

*Conference championships do not matter (Penn St, Ohio State and USC)
*Winning the DIVISION of your conference doesnt matter (Alabama)
*The will do whatever they need to make sure they have the best chance to get 2 SEC teams into the playoffs and make sure they have at least one SEC team in the playoffs
*Win/Loss is the only thing that matters- SEC has the easiest scheduling in all power 5 conferences by only playing 8 conference games and also loading up on FCS schools (this weekend is basically a bye week for them). The ACC has followed suit. Why play anyone that matters when you can play The Citadel (Bama), Idaho (Florida) , Middle Tennessee (Kentucky), UAB (Texas A&M), (Rice) LSU and Chattanooga (South Carolina). Complete joke.

This can easily been seen (again) in this weeks rankings:

Georgia ranked higher than LSU- so head to heads do not matter even though LSU beat Georgia by 20. Complete and utter joke. CFP Committee loses any and all credibility right there.

But there is a reason they do this stuff- they want to make sure that Georgia is ranked as HIGH as POSSIBLE when they play Bama. It is their safety net for if Bama loses or if Georgia wins.

Guess who the highest ranked 2 loss team is? LSU- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 3 loss team is? Florida- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 4 loss team is? Mississippi State- SEC team

The committee has done this the past 3 years. Prop SEC (and now ACC) teams up as high as they can in the top 25 so their biased opinions look to carry weight.

Nothing but a sham. I think they need to either go to an 8 team playoff (all conference winners, 3 at large, all at large needs to at least win their respective division of their conference). Top 4 ranked teams host the first round. Get some of these southern schools up north.

I bet if Bama gets beat by Georgia and dont make it in, there will be an 8 team playoff as early as next year!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am This is what we know after several years from the CFP committee:

They can angle their guidelines in how they rank teams based on whatever they choose to use from the many different variables so they can get to the final 4 that they want to see. Stats, conference championships,head to heads do not matter to them.

*Conference championships do not matter (Penn St, Ohio State and USC)
*Winning the DIVISION of your conference doesnt matter (Alabama)
*The will do whatever they need to make sure they have the best chance to get 2 SEC teams into the playoffs and make sure they have at least one SEC team in the playoffs
*Win/Loss is the only thing that matters- SEC has the easiest scheduling in all power 5 conferences by only playing 8 conference games and also loading up on FCS schools (this weekend is basically a bye week for them). The ACC has followed suit. Why play anyone that matters when you can play The Citadel (Bama), Idaho (Florida) , Middle Tennessee (Kentucky), UAB (Texas A&M), (Rice) LSU and Chattanooga (South Carolina). Complete joke.

This can easily been seen (again) in this weeks rankings:

Georgia ranked higher than LSU- so head to heads do not matter even though LSU beat Georgia by 20. Complete and utter joke. CFP Committee loses any and all credibility right there.

But there is a reason they do this stuff- they want to make sure that Georgia is ranked as HIGH as POSSIBLE when they play Bama. It is their safety net for if Bama loses or if Georgia wins.

Guess who the highest ranked 2 loss team is? LSU- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 3 loss team is? Florida- SEC team
Guess who the highest ranked 4 loss team is? Mississippi State- SEC team

The committee has done this the past 3 years. Prop SEC (and now ACC) teams up as high as they can in the top 25 so their biased opinions look to carry weight.

Nothing but a sham. I think they need to either go to an 8 team playoff (all conference winners, 3 at large, all at large needs to at least win their respective division of their conference). Top 4 ranked teams host the first round. Get some of these southern schools up north.

I bet if Bama gets beat by Georgia and dont make it in, there will be an 8 team playoff as early as next year!
I think you are spot on.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Responding to some of the comments on this topic...
1. when we see the wide open, high scoring offenses of the Big XII it is because of "woeful" defense.
2. On the other hand watching "woeful" offenses of the Big 14... what a great defensive game we watched.
3. Playing all fbs schools... some of those fbs schools like Rutgers, Oregon St, and Kansas probably couldn't make the 16 team playoffs if they were playing at the fcs level.
4. What is the difference playing a terrible fbs team or an fcs team in week 11 vs playing them in week 1 or 2?

Waiting to hear the responses.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Raiderball wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 pm Responding to some of the comments on this topic...
1. when we see the wide open, high scoring offenses of the Big XII it is because of "woeful" defense.
2. On the other hand watching "woeful" offenses of the Big 14... what a great defensive game we watched.
3. Playing all fbs schools... some of those fbs schools like Rutgers, Oregon St, and Kansas probably couldn't make the 16 team playoffs if they were playing at the fcs level.
4. What is the difference playing a terrible fbs team or an fcs team in week 11 vs playing them in week 1 or 2?

Fair take(s) Raiderball. I am in the South and over the years have seen most SEC and ACC teams. Of course I grew up a Buckeye and BIG 10 fan and have seen all of the midwest squads except Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers. The difference in the style and quality of football between the two areas is real, and that difference is speed. We can beat our chests about the Bucks all day and night but you are only as good as your competition, and the top to bottom level competition level in the midwest pales to the south because of speed. Yeah Ohio State had an outlier in 2014, but we really have little room to criticize the SEC, ACC, or Big12 on quality or schedule. The debate though is what makes fandom fun.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 pm If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Omega wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm
Raiderball wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 pm Responding to some of the comments on this topic...

Fair take(s) Raiderball. I am in the South and over the years have seen most SEC and ACC teams. Of course I grew up a Buckeye and BIG 10 fan and have seen all of the midwest squads except Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers. The difference in the style and quality of football between the two areas is real, and that difference is speed. We can beat our chests about the Bucks all day and night but you are only as good as your competition, and the top to bottom level competition level in the midwest pales to the south because of speed. Yeah Ohio State had an outlier in 2014, but we really have little room to criticize the SEC, ACC, or Big12 on quality or schedule. The debate though is what makes fandom fun.
Big 14 made big mistake adding Rutger and Mary. Watered down the conference all for the sake of money from the NY, Baltimore/DC tv markets. The speed factor was definitely on display as far back as OSU's losses to LSU and UF back in the days of the BCS championships. As for the scheduling, most all of P5 schools play a cupcake or two every year. Any school playing 7-8 home games a year is paying someone to come in and be their whipping boy.
I enjoy a good debate every now and then.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 am If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 pm If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.
Sorry.....I should have realized since they had like the longest losing streak in FBS. My bad fact checker.

You're much better off speechless btw. Trust me on that. I believe you're a UM fan? Makes sense.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 am
Omega wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Big 14 made big mistake adding Rutger and Mary. Watered down the conference all for the sake of money from the NY, Baltimore/DC tv markets. The speed factor was definitely on display as far back as OSU's losses to LSU and UF back in the days of the BCS championships. As for the scheduling, most all of P5 schools play a cupcake or two every year. Any school playing 7-8 home games a year is paying someone to come in and be their whipping boy.
I enjoy a good debate every now and then.
Nothing worse than a crying big 14 and ohio HOMER who has Envytidehatesec so bad they cant see straight.Also with limited knowledge.Wipe those crocodile tears away.

Could say a lot more but I wont at this time.Dont have the time. But it is pathetic when an ohio and big 14 HOMER question another team's or Conference's Schedule,as far as who they play and Strength of Schedule as a whole.

I mean the teams ohio has beat this year have a combined 38-52 record overall :lol: I mean what the hell :lol:
The big 14 West is 35-35 so far.I know ohio doesnt play the Illini this year..But they play them a lot. And they are 24-47 since the 2013 season.But ohio has played Rutgers who is 25-47 since 2013.Minny who is 41-33..Tulane who is 27-45..Maryland who is 32-42...Indy who is 31-41...And the Creme-de-le-Creme ?..Purdue(Remember them? :lol: ) who is 21-50 since the 2013 season. And one of those Power-5 O.O.C games that ohio plays?...Meet THE OSU Beaves who are ALSO 21-50 since 2013....These 7 teams that ohio has played this season have lost 302 BALLGAMES since the 2013 season :lol: :lol: ....302!!!....Won 38% of their games.What a schedule :lol:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.
Oh you poor baby! Whaaaaaa........whaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

Whaaaaaa.......whaaaaaaaaa..........mommy! Whaaaaaaa!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 am If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bama tied at 10-10 at the half with The Citadel lol.

Please enlighten me......are they FCS old wise one???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

AHHHH.....You upset sweetheart? :lol: :lol: ...redcrunt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:59 pm Hey dipshit... Google is your friend. Then come back and let us know if they are FCS or not. A UM fan... :lol:
None of these noon games are worth watching today. I chose John Wayne and the "Green Berets" for the umpteenth time.
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Bama tied at 10-10 at the half with The Citadel lol.

Please enlighten me......are they FCS old wise one???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you. You just helped me out tremendously by resorting to cussing at a member. If you have to cuss and call cuss word names maybe you need to work on your composure 8-) :lol: :lol: 8-)

Much appreciated as I just reported your post. If it's cool to cuss and call people names you still be on here. Then I'll have some mighty choice words for you too!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:15 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

AHHHH.....You upset sweetheart? :lol: :lol: ...redcrunt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go cry to mommy General! Whaaaaaahhhhh! Whaaaaahhhhh! Whaaaaahhhh!

Poor baby!

Return to “College Sports”