What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 3rd Week.

Post by Raiderball »

Responding to some of the comments on this topic...
1. when we see the wide open, high scoring offenses of the Big XII it is because of "woeful" defense.
2. On the other hand watching "woeful" offenses of the Big 14... what a great defensive game we watched.
3. Playing all fbs schools... some of those fbs schools like Rutgers, Oregon St, and Kansas probably couldn't make the 16 team playoffs if they were playing at the fcs level.
4. What is the difference playing a terrible fbs team or an fcs team in week 11 vs playing them in week 1 or 2?

Waiting to hear the responses.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Raiderball wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 pm Responding to some of the comments on this topic...
1. when we see the wide open, high scoring offenses of the Big XII it is because of "woeful" defense.
2. On the other hand watching "woeful" offenses of the Big 14... what a great defensive game we watched.
3. Playing all fbs schools... some of those fbs schools like Rutgers, Oregon St, and Kansas probably couldn't make the 16 team playoffs if they were playing at the fcs level.
4. What is the difference playing a terrible fbs team or an fcs team in week 11 vs playing them in week 1 or 2?

Fair take(s) Raiderball. I am in the South and over the years have seen most SEC and ACC teams. Of course I grew up a Buckeye and BIG 10 fan and have seen all of the midwest squads except Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers. The difference in the style and quality of football between the two areas is real, and that difference is speed. We can beat our chests about the Bucks all day and night but you are only as good as your competition, and the top to bottom level competition level in the midwest pales to the south because of speed. Yeah Ohio State had an outlier in 2014, but we really have little room to criticize the SEC, ACC, or Big12 on quality or schedule. The debate though is what makes fandom fun.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 pm If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Omega wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm
Raiderball wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 pm Responding to some of the comments on this topic...

Fair take(s) Raiderball. I am in the South and over the years have seen most SEC and ACC teams. Of course I grew up a Buckeye and BIG 10 fan and have seen all of the midwest squads except Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers. The difference in the style and quality of football between the two areas is real, and that difference is speed. We can beat our chests about the Bucks all day and night but you are only as good as your competition, and the top to bottom level competition level in the midwest pales to the south because of speed. Yeah Ohio State had an outlier in 2014, but we really have little room to criticize the SEC, ACC, or Big12 on quality or schedule. The debate though is what makes fandom fun.
Big 14 made big mistake adding Rutger and Mary. Watered down the conference all for the sake of money from the NY, Baltimore/DC tv markets. The speed factor was definitely on display as far back as OSU's losses to LSU and UF back in the days of the BCS championships. As for the scheduling, most all of P5 schools play a cupcake or two every year. Any school playing 7-8 home games a year is paying someone to come in and be their whipping boy.
I enjoy a good debate every now and then.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 am If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 pm If you don't understand the difference in schedule all FBS teams vs scheduling FCS schools like Rice, you are failing miserably at understand college football issues today.
Sorry.....I should have realized since they had like the longest losing streak in FBS. My bad fact checker.

You're much better off speechless btw. Trust me on that. I believe you're a UM fan? Makes sense.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 am
Omega wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Big 14 made big mistake adding Rutger and Mary. Watered down the conference all for the sake of money from the NY, Baltimore/DC tv markets. The speed factor was definitely on display as far back as OSU's losses to LSU and UF back in the days of the BCS championships. As for the scheduling, most all of P5 schools play a cupcake or two every year. Any school playing 7-8 home games a year is paying someone to come in and be their whipping boy.
I enjoy a good debate every now and then.
Nothing worse than a crying big 14 and ohio HOMER who has Envytidehatesec so bad they cant see straight.Also with limited knowledge.Wipe those crocodile tears away.

Could say a lot more but I wont at this time.Dont have the time. But it is pathetic when an ohio and big 14 HOMER question another team's or Conference's Schedule,as far as who they play and Strength of Schedule as a whole.

I mean the teams ohio has beat this year have a combined 38-52 record overall :lol: I mean what the hell :lol:
The big 14 West is 35-35 so far.I know ohio doesnt play the Illini this year..But they play them a lot. And they are 24-47 since the 2013 season.But ohio has played Rutgers who is 25-47 since 2013.Minny who is 41-33..Tulane who is 27-45..Maryland who is 32-42...Indy who is 31-41...And the Creme-de-le-Creme ?..Purdue(Remember them? :lol: ) who is 21-50 since the 2013 season. And one of those Power-5 O.O.C games that ohio plays?...Meet THE OSU Beaves who are ALSO 21-50 since 2013....These 7 teams that ohio has played this season have lost 302 BALLGAMES since the 2013 season :lol: :lol: ....302!!!....Won 38% of their games.What a schedule :lol:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.
Oh you poor baby! Whaaaaaa........whaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

Whaaaaaa.......whaaaaaaaaa..........mommy! Whaaaaaaa!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 am If you don't know that Rice is an FBS school that is a member of Conferece USA West division... you fail miserably. Please refrain from posting on the topic any until you educate yourself. Sometimes you just leave me speechless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bama tied at 10-10 at the half with The Citadel lol.

Please enlighten me......are they FCS old wise one???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am The last post was not directed at you of course Raiderball :lol: :lol: ...Just noticed!..Michigan fan? :lol: :lol: ;)It was directed at that ohio HOMER on that crying JAG...That fat pecker..I mean that fact checker redcrunt..You know the college football know-it-all who knows only what he reads.Or thinks he does.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

AHHHH.....You upset sweetheart? :lol: :lol: ...redcrunt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:59 pm Hey dipshit... Google is your friend. Then come back and let us know if they are FCS or not. A UM fan... :lol:
None of these noon games are worth watching today. I chose John Wayne and the "Green Berets" for the umpteenth time.
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Bama tied at 10-10 at the half with The Citadel lol.

Please enlighten me......are they FCS old wise one???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you. You just helped me out tremendously by resorting to cussing at a member. If you have to cuss and call cuss word names maybe you need to work on your composure 8-) :lol: :lol: 8-)

Much appreciated as I just reported your post. If it's cool to cuss and call people names you still be on here. Then I'll have some mighty choice words for you too!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:15 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm Look it's the nonsense babbling crybaby General!

Go cry to mommy General! Whaaaaaahhhhh! Whaaaaahhhhh! Whaaaaahhhh!

Poor baby!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Poor baby!
Whoa!!The tough guy :lol: The HOMER spokesman!!....What do you call him?Urban?..Wants to throwdown..Then redbcruntboy wants to tattletale..And if the moderator tells him ok he has some "Choice" words for Raiderball...What a crybaby wimp..Get off here you little crybaby :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:57 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Poor baby!
Whoa!!The tough guy :lol: The HOMER spokesman!!....What do you call him?Urban?..Wants to throwdown..Then redbcruntboy wants to tattletale..And if the moderator tells him ok he has some "Choice" words for Raiderball...What a crybaby wimp..Get off here you little crybaby :lol: :lol:
Are you going to disappear for over a year like you did the last time OSU snuck into the playoffs and won it all when things fldont go your way? I'm sure everyone on here remembers that pretty well.

Whaaaahhhhhh! Look at me I'm the General! Whaaaahhhhhh! Look at me cry! Whaaahhhhhhh!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

haha... you talking about another poster crying... go back to your corner... haaaaaaaaaaaaa... ohio homer

Return to “College Sports”