A thought after the Ohio State won over Maryland..

Valenth
SEOP

A thought after the Ohio State won over Maryland..

Post by Valenth »

As exciting as the game was... Ohio State better 180 next week or otherwise the Buckeyes are in for a very LONG game next week.

I think most of us agree that Maryland's mistakes ultimately helped the Buckeyes win.

The turnovers were atrocious.. We need to clean up the mistakes and strengthen our running defense.

I'm just not sold on Ohio State. I need to be convinced. And almost losing to a. 500 team who did beat Texas... However has had a Mediocre season... It's not convincing me to get a playoff spot.

farmer
SEOP

Re: A thought after the Ohio State won over Maryland..

Post by farmer »

Maryland this was Senior Day after so much going on this year. Where what happened at OSU never came close to. Then their coach comes back then fired after an uproar. Their backup kicker getting thumped on the practice field. Now playing for the coaches that have helped them during the season. They have a lot of young talent. This was a very big game to help make their season into maybe a Bowl Game.

OSU has had trouble all year with the offensive line with false starts and at center. Jordan is not a center. His snaps are slow and sometimes off. STILL CAN NOT GET UNDER CENTER TO TAKE A darn SNAP. Fourth and short we make it long and SLOW. Defense the DLine just has to dominate pushing people around. Which they only do a small percentage of the game. The linebackers only make a couple of form tackles and mostly running then diving to make arm tackles. To remember back to when OSU was Linebacker U. The DB's are not tacklers. White is by far the best but like the rest of the defense not even close to being in position to even get a hand on some of the RB's.
Haskins put up big numbers. Ran the ball instead of being scared to run. His passing is good at times. Today his WR's had to show off their skills to make catches. Sometimes putting his receivers in bad positions if they were to catch the ball. Dobbins ran the ball a lot and put up yards. Whatever is going on with Webber. Would have like to seen more Martel. The line tends to false starts when he is in.

The camera's kept more of an eye on Urban during this game. He seems to be having trouble but could be his meds,

This is The Week with all going on to game time. With Thanksgiving during the week. As YTB says in some of his posts about the need for a checkup from the neck up. Well I think it is more than that it is a checkup from the waist down. Time to grow up and play adult football as a team.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

farmer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:10 pm Maryland this was Senior Day after so much going on this year. Where what happened at OSU never came close to. Then their coach comes back then fired after an uproar. Their backup kicker getting thumped on the practice field. Now playing for the coaches that have helped them during the season. They have a lot of young talent. This was a very big game to help make their season into maybe a Bowl Game.

OSU has had trouble all year with the offensive line with false starts and at center. Jordan is not a center. His snaps are slow and sometimes off. STILL CAN NOT GET UNDER CENTER TO TAKE A darn SNAP. Fourth and short we make it long and SLOW. Defense the DLine just has to dominate pushing people around. Which they only do a small percentage of the game. The linebackers only make a couple of form tackles and mostly running then diving to make arm tackles. To remember back to when OSU was Linebacker U. The DB's are not tacklers. White is by far the best but like the rest of the defense not even close to being in position to even get a hand on some of the RB's.
Haskins put up big numbers. Ran the ball instead of being scared to run. His passing is good at times. Today his WR's had to show off their skills to make catches. Sometimes putting his receivers in bad positions if they were to catch the ball. Dobbins ran the ball a lot and put up yards. Whatever is going on with Webber. Would have like to seen more Martel. The line tends to false starts when he is in.

The camera's kept more of an eye on Urban during this game. He seems to be having trouble but could be his meds,

This is The Week with all going on to game time. With Thanksgiving during the week. As YTB says in some of his posts about the need for a checkup from the neck up. Well I think it is more than that it is a checkup from the waist down. Time to grow up and play adult football as a team.
Well said!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Thankfully I was isolated from technology while the game was going on. It is time to finally banish any and all thoughts that Ohio State is an elite program. 51 points, 535 total offense, and 298 yards by one rusher makes a statement against the Buckeyes. Yeah, State could by some miracle beat Michigan and Northwestern, and we should be thankful for at least a ten win season but here is something wrong with the internal workings of the Ohio State football program. There comes a time when new leadership is needed. Recruiting and coach speak cannot fix a damaged soul of a football squad.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

some five stars might be three stars and 4s.... 2s

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Well they drop out of the top 10 ? Or how far will they drop. ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Valenth wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 pm As exciting as the game was... Ohio State better 180 next week or otherwise the Buckeyes are in for a very LONG game next week.

I think most of us agree that Maryland's mistakes ultimately helped the Buckeyes win.

The turnovers were atrocious.. We need to clean up the mistakes and strengthen our running defense.

I'm just not sold on Ohio State. I need to be convinced. And almost losing to a. 500 team who did beat Texas... However has had a Mediocre season... It's not convincing me to get a playoff spot.
I AGREE WITH YOU VAL, IT WAS BUTT UGLY. BUT THE BUCKS SHOWED A LOT OF FIGHT AS WELL. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. BUT THE BUCKS JUST SIMPLY AIN'T THE TEAM WE THOUGHT THEY'D BE AT THIS POINT. BUT WITH EVERY THING THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS YEAR. CONTROVERSIES, COACH SUSPENSIONS, CONTINUING CONTROVERSIES, BOSA LEAVING, INJURIES, AND MORE CONTROVERSIES. WE ARE STILL 10-1, AND PLAYING FOR THE BIG TEN EAST TITLE, AN IN THE TOP 10.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've been telling people here for months, don't sleep on Maryland. you could see this coming after we just keep kinda under achieving. you gotta realize folks , we are everybody's superbowl. so we have to be hitting on all cylinders every week from jump street.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:10 pm Maryland this was Senior Day after so much going on this year. Where what happened at OSU never came close to. Then their coach comes back then fired after an uproar. Their backup kicker getting thumped on the practice field. Now playing for the coaches that have helped them during the season. They have a lot of young talent. This was a very big game to help make their season into maybe a Bowl Game.

I agree man, I never saw this struggling coming , heading into this year. I was plumb intending to see the bucks play for a title against bama or Clemson.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't think we drop out of the top 10 at all. and wvu lost I say we raise a slot. but as omega said, as much as we want to be elite we ain't but then again there are 132 fbs teams and we are in the top 10. so we are very spoiled as fans as well. but hey, I would not have it any other way. and I am a fan from birth. I am an ironton tiger fan, a buckeye fan, and a Bengal fan. s I stick with all my teams through anything. just fortunate enough to be a buckeye. we have got to see so much, and national championships as well 2 since 2002. so the cupboard ain't bare either. but when you are continually in the top 3 in the nation recruiting you expect more. but think how many buckeyes we have lost that should still be in our locker room right now. and as much as I loved bosa. he deserted us. and we lost luke fickell as well. and it certainly shows in our defense. and we'll likely lose ryan day, possibly greg schiano and maybe more this year. hard to be premiere with so many people rotating in and out. and 4/5 star athletes bolting for the nfl every year early.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:40 am Well they drop out of the top 10 ? Or how far will they drop. ?
Oklahoma is winning the exact same way with a defense just as bad and the Committee loves them. Why drop the Buckeyes if you don’t drop Oklahoma?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:49 am
Geronimo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:40 am Well they drop out of the top 10 ? Or how far will they drop. ?
Oklahoma is winning the exact same way with a defense just as bad and the Committee loves them. Why drop the Buckeyes if you don’t drop Oklahoma?
Ding ding ding! Exactly!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Good points made by all of y’all.Not being a fan, this is what I saw after watching my Tide struggle with The Citadels triple option for two quarters.

The offensive line is the weakest as a unit that I can remember OSU having. I am not talking physical but just from skill point. It was just ugly watching them try to block. If not mistaken, 3 starters are gone from last year but by now they should be much better than they are playing.

On defense, I see LBers that are out of position allowing for rushing yards that normally would not be the case. The secondary, which was hit hard too also just can’t cover consistently.

Y’all showed the OSU expectations by playing a bad game, kept playing and expecting to win. Was it pretty? No! An ugly win is better than a pretty lose any day. Just like me being a Bama fan, we are spoiled because we expect to win every game. Good luck fellow SEOP posters.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the linebackers and secondary have been out of position all year mike. great hearing from you.

Return to “College Sports”