THE SEC

The General
All State

Re: THE SEC

Post by The General »

burgfella69 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 pm SEC is overrated, they play nobody in non-conference and they get their wins from beating each other in a mediocre conference. Bama, Georgia, and occasionally Auburn and LSU are good, the rest of the sec is ranked to boost the resumes and prevent an SEC team from ever getting left out of the playoffs
ohio and big 14 HOMERS :lol: :lol:

Going back to the the 2014 season(And believe me I could list more)..THE SEC teams of THE TIDE..LSU..Georgia..Auburn..Florida...And Texas A&M are 33-23 against POWER-5 schools Out-Of-Conference...

big 14 schools consisting of ohio,Michigan,spart,Psu,Bucky,and Iowa are 31-24 against POWER 5 schools OOC....So it is pretty similar....Strike against your argument...

You say THE SEC is Overrated?...They have won 9 out of the last 12 titles,10 out the last 15,and 13 out of the last 26...By 4 different schools....And runnerup numerous times..If that is overrated as you say?....Your standards are too high ohio HOMER :lol: :lol:

Since the turn of the Century LSU has won 2 National titles and won more more football games than ANYONE in the big 14 not named ohio....And playing in a much tougher league and competition...Florida has won 2 titles...War Eagle has won 1...How many National Championships has Michigan won had since 2000?...How many has PSU had?.....How many has Bucky had? :lol: :lol: ..How many has Iowa won..How many has spart won?...The last 2 times recently that spart played the TIDE they got beat 38-0 and 49-0...

The big 14 has half their teams right now with a losing record. 29-48 combined THIS YEAR These same 7 big 14 teams are 175-252 since 2014 combined(40% winning percentage)....

Now add Sparty..NWestern..Bucky....and Iowa season records this year to these 7 teams....NOW these 11 teams in this conference have a combined record of 56-65.....11 big 14 teams have won 46% of their games :lol: 46% :lol:

The big 14 has 84 combined wins. 48 have came in league games.57% of ALL the big 14 wins this season are conference games.....53% of ALL SEC wins have been Conference games...

Now let me ask you a couple of questions?....What conference is mediocre?(and that is being kind)...the 14 is POOR in Realty....What conference is OVERRATED?....Overvalued...and Overranked..in reality...Not based on a HOMER's Envytidehatesec...

AND....If Michigan doesnt get in?...Are you going to cry if the big 14 is shut out of the playoffs again as they,without question,SHOULD BE?... :lol: ;)

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 pm SEC is overrated, they play nobody in non-conference and they get their wins from beating each other in a mediocre conference. Bama, Georgia, and occasionally Auburn and LSU are good, the rest of the sec is ranked to boost the resumes and prevent an SEC team from ever getting left out of the playoffs

Going back to the the 2014 season(And believe me I could list more)..THE SEC teams of THE TIDE..LSU..Georgia..Auburn..Florida...And Texas A&M are 33-23 against POWER-5 schools Out-Of-Conference...

big 14 schools consisting of ohio,Michigan,spart,Psu,Bucky,and Iowa are 31-24 against POWER 5 schools OOC....So it is pretty similar....Strike against your argument...

You say THE SEC is Overrated?...They have won 9 out of the last 12 titles,10 out the last 15,and 13 out of the last 26...By 4 different schools....And runnerup numerous times..If that is overrated as you say?....Your standards are too high ohio HOMER :lol: :lol:

Since the turn of the Century LSU has won 2 National titles and won more more football games than ANYONE in the big 14 not named ohio....And playing in a much tougher league and competition...Florida has won 2 titles...War Eagle has won 1...How many National Championships has Michigan won had since 2000?...How many has PSU had?.....How many has Bucky had? :lol: :lol: ..How many has Iowa won..How many has spart won?...The last 2 times recently that spart played the TIDE they got beat 38-0 and 49-0...

The big 14 has half their teams right now with a losing record. 29-48 combined THIS YEAR These same 7 big 14 teams are 175-252 since 2014 combined(40% winning percentage)....

Now add Sparty..NWestern..Bucky....and Iowa season records this year to these 7 teams....NOW these 11 teams in this conference have a combined record of 56-65.....11 big 14 teams have won 46% of their games :lol: 46% :lol:

The big 14 has 84 combined wins. 48 have came in league games.57% of ALL the big 14 wins this season are conference games.....53% of ALL SEC wins have been Conference games...

Now let me ask you a couple of questions?....What conference is mediocre?(and that is being kind)...the 14 is POOR in Realty....What conference is OVERRATED?....Overvalued...and Overranked..in reality...Not based on a HOMER's Envytidehatesec...

AND....If Michigan doesnt get in?...Are you going to cry if the big 14 is shut out of the playoffs again as they,without question,SHOULD BE?... :lol: ;)
Nobody ever said the SEC hasn't been dominate over the years. We're talking about relevant, recent events. SEC has been overhyped and overrated by ESPN's propaganda type bias and has led to many SEC opportunities. If Bama goes 13-0 they're considered the greatest team of all time until they lose to somebody in the playoffs. 2014 the best team won, 2015 the best team didn't get an invite due to bad offensive play calling and poor weather. 2016 best team won, and it took a helluva choke job in 2017 to give Bama the title. Bama is good and I'm not taking anything away from them but good god they've gotten every opportunity and have been consistently lucky throughout the years. Which is why I don't think the SEC has been as good as everyone says they are since 2012. They haven't been as deep as the B1G since then. B1G is way down this year tho so I'd give the edge to the SEC this year and Bama actually appears to not be any questions around this Bama squad for me this year.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 pm
The General wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Nobody ever said the SEC hasn't been dominate over the years. We're talking about relevant, recent events. SEC has been overhyped and overrated by ESPN's propaganda type bias and has led to many SEC opportunities. If Bama goes 13-0 they're considered the greatest team of all time until they lose to somebody in the playoffs. 2014 the best team won, 2015 the best team didn't get an invite due to bad offensive play calling and poor weather. 2016 best team won, and it took a helluva choke job in 2017 to give Bama the title. Bama is good and I'm not taking anything away from them but good god they've gotten every opportunity and have been consistently lucky throughout the years. Which is why I don't think the SEC has been as good as everyone says they are since 2012. They haven't been as deep as the B1G since then. B1G is way down this year tho so I'd give the edge to the SEC this year and Bama actually appears to not be any questions around this Bama squad for me this year.
My God!!! YOU,Sir,have it BAD!!...Cant help you!!..But prove to me these things you claim...

1)How has THE SEC (Examples)been overhyped and overrated by ESPN? Dont just say it..Give me evidence..I mean this is on a HOMER Excuse list...
2) I mean are you just comparing THE TIDE and ohio?...If you are there is no comparison...yea....ohio beat them once ....But that is ONLY 1 game....THE TIDE has been handled a lot better and easier than what ohio did to them in,lets say,the last 10-12 years....Ole Miss has taken them to the woodshed a Lot worse than ohio did that night..AND...Twice.....A&M with Johnny Football beat their ass... As did SOONER....Utah....War Eagle dominated THE TIDE last year...Beat them in 13...In 2010....Clemson with the Great Deshaun Watson..So dont worry...Nobody was all that impressed with ohio :lol: :lol: AS obviously HOMERS are...
3)Only thing I remember about ohio in 2015 is,as usual,Pinnochio didnt know how to handle a situation he couldnt Frontrun....The QB thing....And I do remember a poor sparty team beating ohio with their 2nd and 3rd team QB
4)ohio wasnt worth a darn(compared to the elite squads the last 2 years)....What that committee didto PSU in 2016 was criminal and the whole big 14 besides those 2 teams and Michigan was Horse Dung as usual...
5) What choke job are you talking about in 2017?....Surely not about ohio?...They got beat down a couple times...A choke job is what PSU did against ohio the last 2 years...And what Michigan did against ohio the last 2 years...
6) Calling THE TIDE Lucky and saying the big 14 is "DEEPER " than THE SEC is just........IGNORANT...All I can say...You cant help it
7) If you think the big 14 has been any good recently...Which I dont...Give me examples...In reality this conference is HORRIBLE from Top to bottom overall. And has been for a long time.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I just keep hearing Joe Diffie in my head when I think about how the playoff committee skews the polls for the sec and acc......

"Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die........."

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

The Big 14 homers. Always interesting to read their spin and the excuses. Have to agree with the General... ENVY... the only way to explain it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Awe are you butthurt?

WVU looked really good down the stretch lol.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Only way I see to do it is let's get Bama-OSU, Penn St.-Georgia, LSU-Michigan, Florida- Whisky, Miss. St.-Iowa, Texas A&M-Nebraska to sign home and homes for a couple years and the argument would be ended real quick, one sided but that'll never happen . I'm leaving it at that and that's with leaving Auburn as the ace up my sleeve !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
The General
All State

Post by The General »

List THE SEC 1-14....THE TIDE at #1 through The Hogs at 14....Then do the same for the big 14....1-14 with ohio at #1 and God Knows who at 14? :lol: :lol:

Match them up....Wonder who Vegas would favor in probably EVERY GAME?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:34 pm Only way I see to do it is let's get Bama-OSU, Penn St.-Georgia, LSU-Michigan, Florida- Whisky, Miss. St.-Iowa, Texas A&M-Nebraska to sign home and homes for a couple years and the argument would be ended real quick, one sided but that'll never happen . I'm leaving it at that and that's with leaving Auburn as the ace up my sleeve !!!!!

I would love to see some home and homes between power 5 schools. Saban is on record several times of wanting to play only P5 and a 9 game conference schedule. Its best for everyone.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

alabama mike wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:15 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:34 pm Only way I see to do it is let's get Bama-OSU, Penn St.-Georgia, LSU-Michigan, Florida- Whisky, Miss. St.-Iowa, Texas A&M-Nebraska to sign home and homes for a couple years and the argument would be ended real quick, one sided but that'll never happen . I'm leaving it at that and that's with leaving Auburn as the ace up my sleeve !!!!!

I would love to see some home and homes between power 5 schools. Saban is on record several times of wanting to play only P5 and a 9 game conference schedule. Its best for everyone.
The networks would love it for ratings but we know what 1 or 2 losses does in this day and age with the playoffs and big $$$. Everyone argues every year but until everyone drops all their "gimme" out of conference games most have only hope , luck with a good roll of the dice and a prayer at seasons end.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

To put too much importance on total losses is insane. There is NO DOUBT that Georgia is a better football team than ND.....SOONER....and MUCH better than ohio...They are 11-1 right now and maybe EVEN the 2nd Best all-around team in America. Especially the last 5 weeks....

They are getting ready to play a team who is REALLY good also..I mean REALLY good!!..Can Georgia beat them?...Well hell yes!.....Could anyone besides an ate up with envy ohio HOMER dispute that Ga is 1 of the 4 best teams in America?...No...So if Alabama knocks them off does that mean that suddenly Ga is NOT 1 of the 4 best teams and somebody like ohio IS?...Based on their season in totality and schedule?...HELL NO...Same if Ga knocks off THE TIDE...Suddenly THE TIDE is not 1 of the 4 best?..Ridiculous...Because ND doesnt have to play a Title game this week...These Championship games shouldnt hold any more weight than a regular season game. Just 1 more game to evaluate....To mention that because ohio blew up a bucky team a few years in a big 14 title games when all teams and conferences arent the same....AND TCU beat an I.St team like a drum the same day and Baylor beat a better team than Bucky in KState the same day...But the 14 title game catapaulted ohio OVER these 2 schools?......Why?...4 Reasons.....

1)Money
2)Politics
3)Barry FATASS Alvarez
4)TCU and Baylor DID NOT say Texas or Oklahoma on the front of their Jersey...And everyone knows it

In 2016....Penn State won the East Division of the big 14....ohio DID NOT.....Penn State won the big 14 Championship....ohio DID NOT....ohio was home with their feet up...Pinnochio was in Texas Poaching Odukah and Baron Browning.....Penn State BEAT ohio's ass head to head! :lol: :lol: ..yet ohio was selected to the playoffs by FatASS Alvarez and subordinates,and they said it was because PSU had 2 losses :lol: What a big pile of crap put on college football fans and then to watch them get hammered by Clemson as usual!!...JOKE

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm To put too much importance on total losses is insane. There is NO DOUBT that Georgia is a better football team than ND.....SOONER....and MUCH better than ohio...They are 11-1 right now and maybe EVEN the 2nd Best all-around team in America. Especially the last 5 weeks....

They are getting ready to play a team who is REALLY good also..I mean REALLY good!!..Can Georgia beat them?...Well hell yes!.....Could anyone besides an ate up with envy ohio HOMER dispute that Ga is 1 of the 4 best teams in America?...No...So if Alabama knocks them off does that mean that suddenly Ga is NOT 1 of the 4 best teams and somebody like ohio IS?...Based on their season in totality and schedule?...HELL NO...Same if Ga knocks off THE TIDE...Suddenly THE TIDE is not 1 of the 4 best?..Ridiculous...Because ND doesnt have to play a Title game this week...These Championship games shouldnt hold any more weight than a regular season game. Just 1 more game to evaluate....To mention that because ohio blew up a bucky team a few years in a big 14 title games when all teams and conferences arent the same....AND TCU beat an I.St team like a drum the same day and Baylor beat a better team than Bucky in KState the same day...But the 14 title game catapaulted ohio OVER these 2 schools?......Why?...4 Reasons.....

1)Money
2)Politics
3)Barry FATASS Alvarez
4)TCU and Baylor DID NOT say Texas or Oklahoma on the front of their Jersey...And everyone knows it

In 2016....Penn State won the East Division of the big 14....ohio DID NOT.....Penn State won the big 14 Championship....ohio DID NOT....ohio was home with their feet up...Pinnochio was in Texas Poaching Odukah and Baron Browning.....Penn State BEAT ohio's ass head to head! :lol: :lol: ..yet ohio was selected to the playoffs by FatASS Alvarez and subordinates,and they said it was because PSU had 2 losses :lol: What a big pile of crap put on college football fans and then to watch them get hammered by Clemson as usual!!...JOKE
Blah blah blah......you hate OSU. We get it already.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:57 pm
The General wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm To put too much importance on total losses is insane. There is NO DOUBT that Georgia is a better football team than ND.....SOONER....and MUCH better than ohio...They are 11-1 right now and maybe EVEN the 2nd Best all-around team in America. Especially the last 5 weeks....

1)Money
2)Politics
3)Barry FATASS Alvarez

Blah blah blah......you hate OSU. We get it already.
You dont KNOW that you little know-nothing CRYBABY Clicking little ohio HOMER.You are tossing shyte against the wall again. And who in the hell is we?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The SEC is 91-62-2 against the Big-10 all time and 52-30 in bowl games. (Michigan 14-8 and Minnesota 4-2 are the only 2 Big-10 programs with winning records in these games).
* OSU is 5-11-1 against the SEC and 0-6 against the ACC w/ Clemson 0-3, Florida St. 0-3 *

The General
All State

Post by The General »

RTR........In THE SEC..."It Just Means More"

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Nothing like a nice warm holiday argument between Bleeding Red and The General.. When I post a topic I feel like the trigger man! Makes me feel all warm inside! :lol: :lol: just kidding! 😬

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'm glad to have both on here.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

mattash wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:11 pm I'm glad to have both on here.
Agreed! I appreciate them both! :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 am RTR........In THE SEC..."It Just Means More"
I thought it was the mating call during an incest family gathering?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:22 pm
The General wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 am RTR........In THE SEC..."It Just Means More"
I thought it was the mating call during an incest family gathering?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was told by a Georgia fan that it's all Relative in Alabama :? :lol:

Return to “College Sports”