Wk 13...6 Oklahoma @ 9 West Virginia

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Wk 13...6 Oklahoma @ 9 West Virginia

Post by OHHS old timer »

Both teams gave up a ton of yards to Oklahoma St. in the past two weeks. Soooo, is it yet another shootout; a blowout or (gasp!!) something that resembles a defensive battle. Having said that....I don't see #3 coming to fruition at all.

Whatcha think.....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
The General
All State

Re: Wk 13...6 Oklahoma @ 9 West Virginia

Post by The General »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:42 pm Both teams gave up a ton of yards to Oklahoma St. in the past two weeks. Soooo, is it yet another shootout; a blowout or (gasp!!) something that resembles a defensive battle. Having said that....I don't see #3 coming to fruition at all.

Whatcha think.....
THE OSU is a tremendous Offensive football team!! No matter who there Jimmys and Joes are....And Justice Hill did not even play last week...Put that out there 1st.....

SOONER and WVU are SO MUCH better than any team in America on Offense...Sans THE TIDE and a couple of others..It is not even funny...They spread the field from side-line to side-line...They threaten the field vertically inside and outside the hashes..They run quicks....They will screen you..... The evolution of the Hal MUMME/Mike Leach Air Raid Tree...They attack your Edge....They attack your Flat Defender...Both teams get over/under on isolated field and boundary corners and make your High safeties life a nightmare...They run all kinds of nice blocking schemes with 2 of the finest O-Line groups you will see that put teams Mike and Will LBs in harms way...They play with pace when they want. They have 2 of the top 4 QB'sin the country....2 of the top 5 Receiver groups.....Some really nice RBs in Sermon and KBrooks..with Rodney Anderson being gone most of the year....WVU counters with McKOY..Pettaway and Brown...And they are explosive..

But for some darn reason...And both have some good personnel.....They both JUST CANT get any stops consistently or when they need it. IF SOONER or WVU played defense,lets say like,Wazzu...One would be in the Playoffs and I guarantee it....Sooner wakes up on that side of the ball they still have a chance...And nobody,who knows anything<thinks that putting the breaks on these teams offensively is easy in the Big 10...I mean big 14 outfits like UM,Spart,NW,and others who have this perception of being great Defensive teams would in reality look like drunk slug pugs stuck in a molasses bowl trying to defend these offenses.....THE OSU and a couple of others in the league. They would get shredded just like these outfits do. Just like Ga did...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WVU

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WVU

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

WVU in a non defensive shootout. It will be like watching a D1 version of flag football.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Should be the most entertaining game of the holiday weekend.
WVU's mountaineer mascot will run out of black powder.

EER's 52 Sooner Boomer 50.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:58 pm Should be the most entertaining game of the holiday weekend.
WVU's mountaineer mascot will run out of black powder.

EER's 52 Sooner Boomer 50.
If they win by 1 I'll be happy.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 pm WVU in a non defensive shootout. It will be like watching a D1 version of flag football.
Just like when #hi# played THE OSU.....

Just like when #hi# played TCU....

Just like when #hi# played Indy.....

Just like when #hi# played Gopher

Just like when #hi# played THE BOILERMAKERS.....

Just like when #hi# played Nebraska.....

Just like when #hi# played Mary.....

Wasnt EXACTLY Identical...Dont get me wrong.. These 7 teams ohio played ALL having losing records for THE YEAR.....Combined they are 31-46...

WVU and SOONER are different animals and MUCH more talented than ohio ,TCU,THE OSU,and that big 14 Chaff....
GO EERS!!!!!!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Two of the most talented offenses in the country match up in this one. Led by Grier and Murray both teams have a stable of weapons on the offensive side of the ball to go along with solid Oline play. Not sure what the weather report is for Morgantown tomorrow evening but with decent weather look for this one to be another game with both teams scoring in the mid 40's - mid 50's. These offenses can make any defense look bad. Unlike some conferences and their offensive... I mean defensive struggles.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Pullin for a big WVU win!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:10 pm Two of the most talented offenses in the country match up in this one. Led by Grier and Murray both teams have a stable of weapons on the offensive side of the ball to go along with solid Oline play. Not sure what the weather report is for Morgantown tomorrow evening but with decent weather look for this one to be another game with both teams scoring in the mid 40's - mid 50's. These offenses can make any defense look bad. Unlike some conferences and their offensive... I mean defensive struggles.
FACTS....Go EERS!!!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:10 pm Two of the most talented offenses in the country match up in this one. Led by Grier and Murray both teams have a stable of weapons on the offensive side of the ball to go along with solid Oline play. Not sure what the weather report is for Morgantown tomorrow evening but with decent weather look for this one to be another game with both teams scoring in the mid 40's - mid 50's. These offenses can make any defense look bad. Unlike some conferences and their offensive... I mean defensive struggles.
Good post Raiderball. These two teams can flat out give the opposing DC a major coronary...lol. Spread you out; give you an RPO and whammo...6 on the board. Which team will play just enough defense to secure the win. Boomer played enough to outlast OSU...ERRs did not and lost. I'm giving a very slight edge to WVU...the leadership of Wil Grier I believe will prevail in the end. Who throws in the trick play first....

WVU 48...OU 45

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Having said all that, Murray is one helluva qb!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:27 pm Having said all that, Murray is one helluva qb!
Murray is good but I can’t help but wonder if his success isn’t related to the awful defenses he faces. The numbers don’t lie tho

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Murray beats you with his arm or his legs. Give him time he finds the open receiver. Flush him from the pocket he beats you with his legs.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Here we Go!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Clear targeting hit by Oklahoma, review booth wouldn’t even look at - go figure.
Announcers even saying he should have been ejected.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

With game tied at 14 start of second W. Va goes for it 4th down inside their own territory and makes it. At the Oklahoma 15 now.

Player that took the head shot looks to be out for the game.... and he is upset!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wow, terrible offensive pass int call on W Va moved to the 23. Every call or non call going Oklahoma way.
4th and 6 at the 10 going for it.
Incomplete pass.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 pm Clear targeting hit by Oklahoma, review booth wouldn’t even look at - go figure.
Announcers even saying he should have been ejected.
Yeah that was pitiful. That hit was the definition of the rule. Not even reviewed!

Just goes to show that the B12 needs OK to won this game or they are eliminated lol

Return to “College Sports”