Haskins

mattash
Site Admin

Haskins

Post by mattash »

I here he's predicted to be the first qb pic in the draft.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Haskins

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

No reason he should'nt.. ANIMAL

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Potential. Still has a lot of work to read defenses on the NFL level. Making throws in college in the area of the WR gets picked off more in the NFL.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

farmer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:46 pm Potential. Still has a lot of work to read defenses on the NFL level. Making throws in college in the area of the WR gets picked off more in the NFL.
Concur. He needs another year....maybe attend one of those camps...if he hasn't already.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kern, Greene, Karsatos, Herbstriet, Frey, Graham, Hoying, Jackson, Germaine, Krenzel, Smith, Pryor, Miller, Jones and Barrett and a lot of others have won tons of games for OSU but never made an impact in the pros. The best OSU ever produced with NFL ability were Art Schlichter who wasted his chance and Mike Tomczak who was a long time backup. Haskins has an NFL Long ball arm and that's it. No mobility, foot quickness , he misses a lot of easy reads and when his is pressured he can hardly get out of his own way when he scrambles as big as he is. He doesn't even come close to doing a proper slide technic when he runs and goes down. If you watch really close he sidearms a lot of easy throws and he can throw 1 in every 10 passes 40 or 50 yd. for completions when he has no pass rush but 90% of his yardage is from 5 or 10 yd slants, dumps or screens that go for 20-40 yards after catch. Those NFL defensive lines would eat him for lunch. I think he's in no way ready for the NFL.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 pm Kern, Greene, Karsatos, Herbstriet, Frey, Graham, Hoying, Jackson, Germaine, Krenzel, Smith, Pryor, Miller, Jones and Barrett and a lot of others have won tons of games for OSU but never made an impact in the pros. The best OSU ever produced with NFL ability were Art Schlichter who wasted his chance and Mike Tomczak who was a long time backup. Haskins has an NFL Long ball arm and that's it. No mobility, foot quickness , he misses a lot of easy reads and when his is pressured he can hardly get out of his own way when he scrambles as big as he is. He doesn't even come close to doing a proper slide technic when he runs and goes down. If you watch really close he sidearms a lot of easy throws and he can throw 1 in every 10 passes 40 or 50 yd. for completions when he has no pass rush but 90% of his yardage is from 5 or 10 yd slants, dumps or screens that go for 20-40 yards after catch. Those NFL defensive lines would eat him for lunch. I think he's in no way ready for the NFL.
Maybe one more year then. Good insight

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

mattash wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 pm Kern, Greene, Karsatos, Herbstriet, Frey, Graham, Hoying, Jackson, Germaine, Krenzel, Smith, Pryor, Miller, Jones and Barrett and a lot of others have won tons of games for OSU but never made an impact in the pros. The best OSU ever produced with NFL ability were Art Schlichter who wasted his chance and Mike Tomczak who was a long time backup. Haskins has an NFL Long ball arm and that's it. No mobility, foot quickness , he misses a lot of easy reads and when his is pressured he can hardly get out of his own way when he scrambles as big as he is. He doesn't even come close to doing a proper slide technic when he runs and goes down. If you watch really close he sidearms a lot of easy throws and he can throw 1 in every 10 passes 40 or 50 yd. for completions when he has no pass rush but 90% of his yardage is from 5 or 10 yd slants, dumps or screens that go for 20-40 yards after catch. Those NFL defensive lines would eat him for lunch. I think he's in no way ready for the NFL.
Just what I see 8-) :?:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are hands down the best NFL QBs over the past 10+ years. Haskins is just as "mobile" as either.

QBs in the NFL get paid to throw it on the better teams. Not run it.

Haskins first year as a starter. I think his NFL ceiling is high. Of course I'd like to see him come back for one more season though.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

HAskins has to clean up his throws in tighter windows. As well as many of his throws he hangs his player out to get a hard hit. Which in the NFL defenses will make the receivers pay. Just like Manning and Brady Haskins has to have an offensive line to keep the pressure of him.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:19 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 pm
Just what I see 8-) :?:
Haskins needs seasoning but with a few million dollars at stake he has to go get paid. First round money versus no or reduced money through risk of injury. I fear we may have seen the last of Haskins in a Buckeye uniform.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Haskins is gone. He came broke a big ten record and now he's going to get paid.

Michael Scott
KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

He is a soph, first year starter who broke almost every single season big ten passing record. He is accurate with touch and arm strength. He is not a polished senior who has seen it all, but his potential is high. He looked pretty mobile last night to me. I think NW thinks so.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D LOVE TO SEE HIM STAY. he is amazing. threw for 499 yards yesterday in the big ten championship game. I think a lot about what haskins does next year, depends on what urban does. he has video game numbers and is an absolute beast at qb. and so very humble and classy. personally I wish to be selfish and keep him. but we will all just have to set back and wait.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”