ROSE BOWL OR OTHERWISE, THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. WHO ??????????????

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: ROSE BOWL OR OTHERWISE, THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. WHO ??????????????

Post by dazed&confused »

Just wondering if any players will sit this one out to concentrate on the NFL ? Wouldn't surprise me. That's what dilutes the regular bowls. Players not playing for anything in particular want to avoid injuries and get a head start on the combine.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

there are a bunch siting out across the country.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:04 pm Just wondering if any players will sit this one out to concentrate on the NFL ? Wouldn't surprise me. That's what dilutes the regular bowls. Players not playing for anything in particular want to avoid injuries and get a head start on the combine.
Jones was asked if he would play in the Rose Bowl and his response was "we will see".

Another reason for playoff expansion. These top players are going to play in the CFP, but when you look at the next wave of ranked teams, they are going to sit out the regular bowls.

The CFP is everything and the rest of the bowls are meaningless. The teams are only there in this day and age so the universities can collect their check.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am
se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 am The last hoorah for Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon, and Haskins. I imagine Haskins will put on a show.
I hope not alum, but we see the writing on the wall. I'd say a lot depends on urban's decision, though he says he'll be back. he doesn't appear 100 percent sold when you watch him discuss it.
It would be silly for Haskins not to go. It's a weak QB draft class, and his stock will never be higher.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Who's up next for Buckeye's QB? And don't say Tate Martell!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm Who's up next for Buckeye's QB? And don't say Tate Martell!
Tate Martell for 3 years, then probably Jack Miller.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:59 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm Who's up next for Buckeye's QB? And don't say Tate Martell!
Tate Martell for 3 years, then probably Jack Miller.
I think UFM would have been more in his coaching comfort zone if he had Martell running his run-pass option offense.
Not demeaning Haskins or his spectacular stats in any way, but I think State's offense, struggled in the running game because of the change in philosophy needed to take full advantage of Dwayne's unique talents.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

The Huskies just might put up a better fight than some think.....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Not often does the Big not struggle in the Rose Bowl.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:42 pm Not often does the Big not struggle in the Rose Bowl.
Not often does OSU play in the Rose Bowl. 2 times in the last 20 years, and won both.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Going to win this Rose Bowl too. Washington is not a very good team. If you watched the Washington vs Utah PAC 12 Championship game, the offenses were not that great. Defensively Washington is ok. I dont see them stopping our offense but I see our defense keeping their offense in check.

42-24 good guys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck to the buckeyes. I wonder which team shows up with the urban news. a team that will obliterate the huskies or the team which could struggle or even fall to the huskies.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

se-alum wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 am
noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:42 pm Not often does the Big not struggle in the Rose Bowl.
Not often does OSU play in the Rose Bowl. 2 times in the last 20 years, and won both.
That was easy. Now let us know their over all record and the Bigs in the rose bowl.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am
se-alum wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 am
That was easy. Now let us know their over all record and the Bigs in the rose bowl.
Bucks Rose Bowl record 7-7 (Overall bowls 23-25), Michigan is 8-12 (Overall bowls 21-25) " Thus the Big 10 reputation from the perspective of the rest of america" . In contrast Alabama is 4-1-1 in Rose bowls and 40-25-3 overall in bowl games.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Big-10 - all time bowl record 134-154-1. .454
SEC ---- all time bowl record 247-187-9. .571

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 pm Big-10 - all time bowl record 134-154-1. .454
SEC ---- all time bowl record 247-187-9. .571
2017 SEC was 5-6.

2016 SEC was 6-7

The trend isnt once what it was. My reasoning is simple:

1.)Scheduling- They play a joke of a schedule. Less non conference games and lots of FCS schools. When they do play a decent team, it never seems to be on the road.

2.) Rankings- CFP committee has kept as many SEC teams in the top 25 as resume builders for Bama and Georgia as they could. Some of these teams 4-6 rankings higher than they were in the AP/Coaches poll. Guess what? They get their ass kicked in the Bowl Games.

Continue on......not much more to see here.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:48 am good luck to the buckeyes. I wonder which team shows up with the urban news. a team that will obliterate the huskies or the team which could struggle or even fall to the huskies.
Bait I think the players already knowing who Is going to replace urban and it being the guy they have already had to rally around this year will carry over to the grand daddy of em all and we will see on national tv New Year’s Day the bucks rally around em again. Should be a heckuva Day/Haskins show Go Bucks!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 am texas at 15 has no business playing Georgia. let them trade bowls with each other, the bucks wanted the dogs
SEC is horrible this year, the Horns will hook em.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:48 am good luck to the buckeyes. I wonder which team shows up with the urban news. a team that will obliterate the huskies or the team which could struggle or even fall to the huskies.
Bait I think the players already knowing who Is going to replace urban and it being the guy they have already had to rally around this year will carry over to the grand daddy of em all and we will see on national tv New Year’s Day the bucks rally around em again. Should be a heckuva Day/Haskins show Go Bucks!
I hope you are right county. I'd sure like to see haskins stay another year myself. and both our running backs. I would like to see the buckeyes just blow a head gasket on the huskies out on the left coast.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Dandy Don wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 am texas at 15 has no business playing Georgia. let them trade bowls with each other, the bucks wanted the dogs
SEC is horrible this year, the Horns will hook em.
I would not by any means say the sec was horrible this year. certainly down by their standards. but why matchup Georgia and 15 ranked texas. when you could play the rest of the teams in bowls 5 vs. 6, 7 vs. 8 and so on, with some tweaking of the system. it must simply move to 6 or 8 teams to make it fair for everyone. every year there is controversy. so have a true playoff. ohio state got hosed in my book. but in 14 penn state did. and osu profited from it. put the top 8 in and settle it on the field. tcu got hosed a few years back because they did not have a conference championship. and this is several times now that a big ten champ is not there. last year osu lost to iowa, but destroyed the undefeated Wisconsin badgers to win the big ten title. but was left out. Georgia would be in with 8. ucf should be in. last year people thought ucf was a Cinderella, and then they beat auburn in their bowl game. they deserve better as well. then you get a couple of the lesser conference champions with a shot. some teams had some amazing years outside the power 5.

Return to “College Sports”