ROSE BOWL OR OTHERWISE, THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. WHO ??????????????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ROSE BOWL OR OTHERWISE, THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. WHO ??????????????

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO DO THE 12-1 BIG TEN CHAMPIONS THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES PLAY NEXT ?????????????? THE BUCKEYES STARTED SLOW AGAINST A VERY GOOD NORTHWESTERN WILDCAT TEAM. BUT IN THE END THE BUCKEYES HAD JUST TOO MANY HORSES FOR THE WILDCATS. AND BLEW THINGS OPEN IN THE SECOND HALF. VERY PROUD OF BOTH TEAMS. WITH ALL THE CONTROVERSY, COACHING WITHOUT URBAN THE 1ST 3 WEEKS. THE BUCKEYES ARE 12-1, AND THE BIG TEN EAST AND BIG TEN CHAMPIONS. SO WHO IS NEXT FOR THE BUCKEYES.

I HAVE SPORTCENTER ON RIGHT NOW. AND KIRK HERBSTREIT IS STUMPING FOR 2 SEC TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS , UNBELIEVABLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: ROSE BOWL OR OTHERWISE, THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. WHO ??????????????

Post by Omega »

Me thinks Ohio State is locked into the Rose Bowl against Washington per conference agreements.

As to Georgia, I would not have a problem seeing them in over Notre Dame, Oklahoma, UCF, or the Buckeyes. The four best team criteria trumping conference championships.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If Georgia doesn't get in the playoffs then it should be Oklahoma. The Rose Bowl SHOULD then be Georgia vs Ohio State but they'll end up playing Washington in a blowout.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Georgia and tOSU arent playing each other. OSU will play Washington and dismantle them too if they dont jump ND and make the playoffs.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:45 am Georgia and tOSU arent playing each other. OSU will play Washington and dismantle them too if they dont jump ND and make the playoffs.
Which is B'S. If they want to erase this perceived SEC bias then OSU should play SEC 2nd place Georgia, next best teams right ? Why the hell should they let OSU play Washington for an easy win.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

OSU will be playing Washington in the Rose Bowl.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:45 am Georgia and tOSU arent playing each other. OSU will play Washington and dismantle them too if they dont jump ND and make the playoffs.
Which is B'S. If they want to erase this perceived SEC bias then OSU should play SEC 2nd place Georgia, next best teams right ? Why the hell should they let OSU play Washington for an easy win.
That's contractually obligated. Rose Bowl gets B1G and Pac12 winners if they don't make the playoffs

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I actually think tOSU would prefer to play Georgia. Something to prove. They might let down vs. Washington

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:28 pm
That's contractually obligated. Rose Bowl gets B1G and Pac12 winners if they don't make the playoffs
Big money but crappy matchup. They need to move into this century and out of the outdated 60 yr. Old handshakes. (And the Pac-12 and Big-10 wonder why they get no respect.)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Big money but crappy matchup. They need to move into this century and out of the outdated 60 yr. Old handshakes. (And the Pac-12 and Big-10 wonder why they get no respect.)
A little history. Bowl games were initiated as tourist attractions by the local chambers of commerce. They took hold and are deeply rooted in tradition. None more so than the Rose Bowl. As a condition of accepting the BCS and then playoff system, the Rose Bowl held strong to their tie. Just the way it is.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would much rather see OSU vs Georgia. Washington looked pitiful vs Utah

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I guess SEC - BIG12 and BIG10 -PAC12 both have agreements in place for New Years 6 games other than the 2 CFP games so we'll never see the best matchups unless these are done away with which will probably never happen. That's a shame that these other 4 games can't be all at-large teams pairing the best teams. ( The other 2 are and the above 2 aren't ).

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OSU gets the pass rush going early can really handle Washington. OSU just needs to not get the big head, Stay OUT OF TROUBLE then play hard. Need to be ready for some trick plays and tackle not just dive at the legs and hope for the best.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Would be more interesting and probably much better match ups if the Rose, Fiesta, Cotton, Sugar, Peach and Orange. Then add 2 others (holiday, alamo or gator) and match top 16. After the top 4 are selected for the playoffs (and the bowl rotation, the remaining bowls select from the next 12 teams. These conference agreements make for some boring matchups.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The last hoorah for Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon, and Haskins. I imagine Haskins will put on a show.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I realize that dazed. but I sure would have liked to have played the Georgia bulldogs myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 am The last hoorah for Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon, and Haskins. I imagine Haskins will put on a show.
I hope not alum, but we see the writing on the wall. I'd say a lot depends on urban's decision, though he says he'll be back. he doesn't appear 100 percent sold when you watch him discuss it.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I know there are league affiliations with Bowls But wouldn't it make more sense and better games if #5 played #6 and #7 played #8 and so on?? How in the Heck did they pull Texas into a New Years Six Bowl?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE, HECK WITH THE BOWL AFFILIATIONS. LET THE 5/6 AND 7/8 AND 9/10 TEAMS PLAY IN THE TOP 10. LET THEM PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. OUTSIDE THAT LET AFFILIATIONS PLAY OUT AS THEY MAY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

texas at 15 has no business playing Georgia. let them trade bowls with each other, the bucks wanted the dogs

Return to “College Sports”