Orange Bowl - CFP Semifinal: #4 Oklahoma 34 vs. #1 Alabama 45

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Orange Bowl - CFP Semifinal: #4 Oklahoma 34 vs. #1 Alabama 45

Post by Chieftain2009 »

On ESPN, December 29th.

What are your thoughts on this semifinal?
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Orange Bowl - CFP Semifinal: #4 Oklahoma vs. #1 Alabama

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Oklahoma already double digit underdog.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OK offense will score points but Bama isnt a B12 defense and will make that elite offense look worse than it has all year.

TX was the worst tackling team of the year. Bama will hit you and get you on the ground.

38-24 type game. Could possibly be much worse for OK.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm OK offense will score points but Bama isnt a B12 defense and will make that elite offense look worse than it has all year.

TX was the worst tackling team of the year. Bama will hit you and get you on the ground.

Ditto that. Roll Tide should down the Sooners by two or more scores. I think as the game progresses we will be thankful Ohio State did not make the playoffs.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Depends on the health of QB Tau. That changes the game plans for both teams. Hurts did look good against Georgia. He has not played a lot this year. As well as coming back of an injury himself.

Oklahoma has to treat this like the NBA. Even if they get a big lead. They need to not allow the big run of points by Alabama. Not just points on offense but defense and special teams. Oklahoma needs to play a good game on defense.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Still not known how healthy that ankle is for Tua. Plus, it was announced this week that a few players for Bama broke team rules. All 3 of those players have been suspended for the season by Saban, including their starting guard.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm OK offense will score points but Bama isnt a B12 defense and will make that elite offense look worse than it has all year.

Ditto that. Roll Tide should down the Sooners by two or more scores. I think as the game progresses we will be thankful Ohio State did not make the playoffs.
Totally disagree.

Bama has shown me that they struggled against the one very good team they played. If not for the biggest coaching play calling blunder by Kirby Smart on 4th down and a stupid fake punt call, Bama would have gotten beat.

Not sure the way OSU is playing right now how you can make that statement, but our opinions definitely dont line up. I like to stay positive about OSU from a football standpoint and you seem to have been a total pessimist all year. But its all good. We can agree to disagree.

The fact is, every top 10 team has really struggled at one point or another this year.

Bama tied with the Citadel at halftime.
OSU getting beaten by Purdue.
OK going to OT vs Army (at home) and also winning several other shoot outs against mediocre teams throughout the year in close games.
ND struggling against NW, UM, USC, Ball St and Vandy
Clemson struggled with a mediocre Auburn team, Syracuse (overrated) and NC State.

So its a mood point that OSU is any less deserving to be in the playoffs than any of the 4 teams that made it in, and that they would get their doors blown off if they did.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Saban might hit the Sooners with double headed monster at qb.....if Tagovailoa is good, start him and mix in a little Hurts to keep the D off balance. Just a thought.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Alabama 55
Oklahoma 21

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Totally disagree.

Bama has shown me that they struggled against the one very good team they played. If not for the biggest coaching play calling blunder by Kirby Smart on 4th down and a stupid fake punt call, Bama would have gotten beat.

Not sure the way OSU is playing right now how you can make that statement, but our opinions definitely dont line up. I like to stay positive about OSU from a football standpoint and you seem to have been a total pessimist all year. But its all good. We can agree to disagree.

The fact is, every top 10 team has really struggled at one point or another this year.

OK going to OT vs Army (at home) and also winning several other shoot outs against mediocre teams throughout the year in close games.
Clemson struggled with a mediocre Auburn team, Syracuse (overrated) and NC State.

So its a mood point that OSU is any less deserving to be in the playoffs than any of the 4 teams that made it in, and that they would get their doors blown off if they did.
I think in the final wash, the Buckeyes were just as deserving as Oklahoma or Notre Dame. It is just that I do not think those teams could go toe to toe with Bama or even Clemson. Honestly even Georgia deserved consideration. I would like to see both the Tide and Tigers lose, I just think their talent and depth on defense is better than the three and four seeds.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Totally disagree.

I think in the final wash, the Buckeyes were just as deserving as Oklahoma or Notre Dame. It is just that I do not think those teams could go toe to toe with Bama or even Clemson. Honestly even Georgia deserved consideration. I would like to see both the Tide and Tigers lose, I just think their talent and depth on defense is better than the three and four seeds.
Valid points.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Bama draws first blood...Tua 2 of 2 for 65 yds on the drive. Sooners have to punt

7-0 Tide

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Bama makes it 14 to zip....Tagovailoa td pass

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OUCH!!!

Alabama now up 28-0....early 2nd

Think it's time to watch some hockey time...Go Lightning!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm OUCH!!!

Alabama now up 28-0....early 2nd

Think it's time to watch some hockey time...Go Lightning!!
Double ouch. The playoffs should have been just two teams this year. We can debate which teams were more deserving of the third and fourth seeds in the playoffs, but tonight's results show it really did not matter.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

31-10 Alabama

at or very close to half

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Oklahoma making it a little more interesting. Trailing 38-20 with the ball.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Oklahoma getting some offense going. With 8:31 left they trail 38-27.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Oklahoma's QB is making me a fan.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Bama wins it 45-34.