Breaking news!! Urban....

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Breaking news!! Urban....

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, LSU, Clemson , Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia , Notre Dame and Nebraska have recruited by university brand for the last 40-60 years at least and they will get the best top notch recruits yearly. Other schools like Wahington, Texas A&M, Auburn, WVU, Pitt, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Syracuse, Miss. St and Iowa get a lot of the leftovers of the 3 & 4 stars. Then you have the schools that are academically elite and do what they can such as Boston College, Duke, Stanford and Northwestern that usually produce decent teams with a couple 4 star's every so many years. It is what it is and brand will always matter in recruiting especially in today's money market called College Football no matter who is named "Head Coach".

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Redboys hate list since this past weekend:

SEC
ESPN and their analysts
The Committee :lol:
THE TIDE
Georgia
LSU...AGAIN
Florida
Texas A&M
Jimbo Fisher(THIS dumbass redboy calls him DUMBO)
THE TIDE's and OTHER SEC schools SOS and SOR
SEC NON-Conference
TRUE Cross-Over games... :lol: :lol: ..Whatever the Fu@@that means
FCS
Washington...
Georgia
SOONER
ND
NW

All these teams and entities are part of what screwed over ohio Again.... :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The General wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 pm Redboys hate list since this past weekend:

SEC
ESPN and their analysts
THE TIDE
Georgia
LSU...AGAIN
Florida
Texas A&M
SEC NON-Conference
FCS
Washington...
Georgia
SOONER
ND
NW

No Ohio State screwed up their own chances. They put themselves in a position to lose out on the playoffs. Still a consistent top 5-6 team. Nothing to be ashamed of.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
The General
All State

Post by The General »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 pm
The General wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 pm Redboys hate list since this past weekend:

SEC
ESPN and their analysts
THE TIDE
Georgia
LSU...AGAIN
Florida
Texas A&M
SEC NON-Conference
FCS
Washington...
Georgia
SOONER
ND
NW

No Ohio State screwed up their own chances. They put themselves in a position to lose out on the playoffs. Still a consistent top 5-6 team. Nothing to be ashamed of.
They did that..THEY always have top talent. In fact they have the MOST talent relative to their competition and conference than ANYONE in America. Year after year....I always question their team concept under a guy like meyer. A person told me one time close to the program(And i know a lot of people) that he never saw a guy admire his kids getting off the bus more than Urban Meyer..lol...I didnt understand what he meant..He said wants to do a few certain things(And this person knew)....1) He wants to amass as much and as many talented athletes as possible to admire..2)He ALWAYs wants to FRONTRUN ....pontiff is as big as arrogant frontrunner as I have EVER seen....Against inferior talent and opponents

3)Play fast and get that FIRST 1st Down
4)Call UM their Rival
5)Stat-Pad that QB whatever his individual talents are and get him in the Heisman Convo...

Does this outfit EVER appear to be TEAM 1st?....In 2015 he let that idiot(at the time)Elliott throw his Coaches under the bus publicly...The barrett thing was a mess....The mess this year in which he should have been fired for....A lot more...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

First of all, Elliott was right and Elliott knew he was going to the league as a 1st round draft pick and really didnt care at that point. The team success during that Mich St game WAS sacrificed on Meyer using JTB too much and not using Elliott not enough.

Was he supposed to kick him off the team? These are men. Not little kids.

Secondly, Haskin's stats were far from padded this season. There were many games that he didnt play mid 3rd quarter and beyond. If he had, the numbers would have been a clear Heisman runaway. The same could be said for Tua who didnt play much in the 4th quarter, which was more often considering the fewer conference games they played along with all those FCS teams on Bama's schedule.

Murray didnt have that luxury to sit the 4th because they were in dogfights with Army and every other B12 team that lit up the scoreboard on that Boomer Sooner Defense.

Now onto the main topic of this thread before the Gremlin brought his bromance hate of us OHIO HOMERS into another one of his rabbit path cry baby side topics.........

I think that Urban will in some way stay involved in the OSU athletic department, as it was initially agreed upon and written in his contract. The deal was supposed to be in place after another 4 years as HC, but I can see tOSU still honoring that.

Gene Smith is getting older. He has been an AD for over 30 years. While I am not saying that Urban will become the next AD, he could certainly become instrumental in the athletic department.

And it will keep him occupied and not so concerned about going to ND or USC in a few years to get back into coaching.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Urban wants no part of ND. They seem content with BK anyway. USC? Give me a break! Urban has been around. Maybe he goes to Fox Sports because he burned bridges with ESPN. He'll emerge somewhere but no AD will roll the dice on him and with his (real) health issues, I somehow take him at his word that he's done with coaching.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 am Urban wants no part of ND. They seem content with BK anyway. USC? Give me a break! Urban has been around. Maybe he goes to Fox Sports because he burned bridges with ESPN. He'll emerge somewhere but no AD will roll the dice on him and with his (real) health issues, I somehow take him at his word that he's done with coaching.
This. I see Urban taking a "job" at OSU, and also getting in television. I can about guarantee that with Nate being in Cincy, Urban isn't going to the West Coast.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:43 am I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN I SAW COACH FITZ WON THE COACH OF THE YEAR. WE HAD ANOTHER BANNER YEAR AT 12-1. AND I FELT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN URBAN, OR AT THE VERY LEAST HARBAUGH.
IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE HAVING URBAN MEYER COACH THE BUCKEYES, WIN THEM ANOTHER NATIONAL TITLE AND COUNTLESS BOWL GAMES AND BIG TEN TITLES. NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS DOES HASKINS STAY. I'D LOVE TO SEE LARRY JOHNSON AS DEFENSIVE CO-ORDINATOR MYSELF. I TOO HOPE THERE ARE SOME STAFF CHANGES, BUT NOT GUTTING THE PLACE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU URBAN IN YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR HEALTH, AND WELCOME COACH RYAN DAY TO THE BUCKS MAIN MAN NOW.
COY should have been Urban. Hands down.

Fitz improved throughout the year, but he went 0-for during NW's non conference games and their record isnt any better than last year.

The last coach from tOSU to win COY in the B1G was Earl Bruce in 1979. Cooper never won it. Tress never won it, now Urban.

Think about that for a second. In 2014 Urban was the coach of the National Champions, yet he didnt win COY from his peers in the B1G. It has been 39 years since tOSU brought home the B1G coach of the year trophy.

Its nothing more than his fellow coaching rivals not patting him on the ass at the end of the year after Urban (again) dismantled their teams.
I agree urban and tressel should both have at least 1 there. unbelievable.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”