OSU future QB

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

OSU future QB

Post by Bleeding Red »

Obviously Ryan Day is the next Buckeye coach and many of us are totally fine with that. He handled himself and the team in a great way during the first 3 games of the season.

One thing that I cant help but think about: Does he systematically change this offense?

Day came from an NFL QB coaching background. I am sure this played a big role in how well Dwayne Haskins matured and performed this season. While I dont think that Day will totally scrap the current offensive structure, he does in fact favor the NFL prototype passing QB.

That brings me to this question- Will Martell see the field in 2019? Everyone knows that Martell was brought here to run Urban's zone read offense. While he is an adequate runner, he is far from the passing QB that Haskins was this year.

Kelly Bryant, Clemson's former QB, and others will be available to transfer. While Bryant was expected to make a decision between Auburn, Mizzou, Arkansas, NC and Miss State today. Does he prolong his decision and put OSU in the mix?

Does Day really push for the next pure passing QB in his recruiting efforts this year and we possibly see a true freshman start the 2019 season?

se-alum
All Conference

Re: OSU future QB

Post by se-alum »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:18 am Obviously Ryan Day is the next Buckeye coach and many of us are totally fine with that. He handled himself and the team in a great way during the first 3 games of the season.

One thing that I cant help but think about: Does he systematically change this offense?

Day came from an NFL QB coaching background. I am sure this played a big role in how well Dwayne Haskins matured and performed this season. While I dont think that Day will totally scrap the current offensive structure, he does in fact favor the NFL prototype passing QB.

That brings me to this question- Will Martell see the field in 2019? Everyone knows that Martell was brought here to run Urban's zone read offense. While he is an adequate runner, he is far from the passing QB that Haskins was this year.

Kelly Bryant, Clemson's former QB, and others will be available to transfer. While Bryant was expected to make a decision between Auburn, Mizzou, Arkansas, NC and Miss State today. Does he prolong his decision and put OSU in the mix?

Does Day really push for the next pure passing QB in his recruiting efforts this year and we possibly see a true freshman start the 2019 season?
Day's biggest influence is Chip Kelly. I think you'll see Day adapt to his QB's abilities. He's well versed in the "Chip Kelly" uptempo, read option game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Mathew Baldwin is an NFL prototype and I totally forgot about him.

I for one like this offense that pushes the ball down the field and puts tons of pressure on defenses.

Hopefully Baldwin will be the guy.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

How about Jalen Hurts ohio HOMERS?...I would say that JH would "Love" the opportunity to play against a GAUNTLET of FAU..Cincy, Hoosiers,Miami of Ohio,Corn,Sparty,NWestern,Bucky.....He would be immediately eligible....And Jalen has been told that this has been deemed SO Challenging that it has been decided by The Powers-to-Be to give ohio bux a week off before the frightening,harrowing,and brutal contests against the indomitable forces of nature that ARE Maryland and Rutgers....

Now admittingly...It would be a HUGE step up for JHurts because he is only 26-2 as a starting QB...He has only played in 2 National Championship Games,and he is only getting ready to participate in his 3rd College Football National Playoffs,and coming off a huge,winning and clutch performance vs the 3rd BEST team in America...Not sure he could handle such a monumental hurdle as this...playing in the big 14?....Wow :lol: :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

All of that guessing does not matter. As the new head coach will not be DAY. They are in talks now to bring home super fan and Ohio native LeBron James.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Not sure about Hurts.

He seems to flourish against the likes of:
2017: Western KY, Kent St, Chattanooga and Mercer.

I am sure he doesnt want to miss out on the upcoming GAUNTLET of a schedule that he will face next year:
2019: Duke, NM State, Soutern Miss and Western Carolina.

Only 8 conference games instead of 9 and no worry of Georgia showing up on the cross over conference games. Only conference games that mean ANYTHING are A&M, LSU and Auburn, all of which were mediocre this year.

GTFO with your schedule nonsense. NOBODY schedules easier than the SEC.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

2018 College Football Strength of Record:
1)THE TIDE
5)Ga
8)LSU
13)Fla
14)A&M
*The top 2 Divisions in College football were THE SEC East who won 66% of their games combined,and THE SEC West who won 61% of their games...the big 14 west went 43-43.... :lol: :lol:
*Eastern Michigan would have beat ohio by 30,considering what they did to Purdy ..
*And Temple beat Maryland bad. Of course Mary blew an easy layup to beat ohio...Temple would kill ohio

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The mighty SEC. Owned and operated by ESPN. Direct financial affiliates. The platform for the CFP committee.......

The same committee that kept most of those mighty SEC teams ranked as high as they could for their own financial gain.....

The same platform of analysts that thought a 2 loss SEC team deserved the playoffs.

The mighty CFP Committee who DROPPED Northwestern from 19-21st after NW easily won their game that week.

Meanwhile, look ANYWHERE besides that SEC rock you live under and you will find that EVERY other power 5 conference, their platforms/analysts/sports divisions all agree on 1 thing: The committee keeps these SEC teams ranked so high as their safety net in order to push for 2 SEC schools into the top 4.

Dont believe me? Check out any sports report or podcast outside the SEC and their affiliates.

But you already know how the strength of schedule is inflated. Sometimes I still cant help but wonder if you are just that darn stupid or just dropped too many times on your head as a kid.

SEC wants no part of a RISK of Bama/Georgia eliminating themselves in a regular season game so that DONT EVEN CROSS THEM OVER. That would be like OSU never playing *ichigan, Penn St, Wisconsin, etc etc.

And you have the audacity to thump your chest over a conference that schedules a many FCS school. GTFO!

Yeah if I ranked them, the B1G would have the best strength of schedule. Same thing they do for the SEC and its nationally know by Pac12, B12, ACC and B1G fans, analysts and sports journalists.

You're just too slow and too big of an OSU hater to "get it".

Oh and to your post-

1.) Bama- has 2 "good" wins. Still no clue how mediocre LSU really is.
5.) GA- GTFO! CFP Committe ranking screw job. Check out the Coaches and AP Polls dick!
8.) LSU- another dead team who got propped up by the playoff committee all year long. Mediocre at best. ZERO offense and still beat the "DAWGS" by 20+. GTFO!
13.) FL- GTFO! Both LSU and FL being anywhere near the top 10 is a running joke outside of your little ESPN/SEC hiding safe place Gremlin. GTFO with your nonsense.
14.) A&M- GTFO! Pathetic team even with Dumbo Fisher.

Do you want me to post all of their 2017, 2018 and 2019 non conference schedules and how PATHETIC they really are?

Duke is Bama's BIG NON CONFERENCE mathup in 2019? GTFO!

Keep hating on OSU. I love it. Your childish nonsense is literally my entertainment. Please keep it up and keep lashing back out at all of the friends that you seem to be making on this board.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just check out how GREAT the SEC was in 2017, the most recent completed full season:

SEC vs ACC 7-5
SEC vs B12 2-2

now.......

SEC vs B1G 1-3........1-3!
SEC vs PAC 12 0-2....0-2 against probably the worst of the power 5's last year.

GTFO with your nonsense make believe. Expect more of the same in this year's bowls too. The committee can prop them up but they cant prevent those ass kickings that will follow.

"No conference takes it easier with Non conference football scheduling than the SEC"- CBS Sports.

The Citadel, Rice, Mercer, etc etc etc. And not just last year, not just this year......EVERY YEAR.

The ONLY reason their SOS is even half what it is: 1.) Overvalued pre season rankings 2.) CFP ability to continue to keep them propped up in the polls when they do not deserve to be there based on all of the other data collecting polls. Sometimes as high as 14...yes 14 spots higher than the other data driven polls for College football.

"Oh but the SEC and there SOS blah blah blah"....WRONG! Non conference schedule THE WORST in college FBS football. Conference schedule FULL of overrated SEC teams to be used as resume builders later down the road.

GTFO with you and your stupidity.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am Mathew Baldwin is an NFL prototype and I totally forgot about him.

I for one like this offense that pushes the ball down the field and puts tons of pressure on defenses.

Hopefully Baldwin will be the guy.
Let's stay on topic and just ignore general please.

Don't forget about Dwan Mathis, 6'5/6'6 200+ 4* Pro Style QB in the 2019 class. I had forgotten about him.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Couldnt agree with ya more red the general looks thru sec/espn glasses

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm Just check out how GREAT the SEC was in 2017, the most recent completed full season:

SEC vs ACC 7-5
SEC vs B12 2-2

now.......

GTFO with your nonsense make believe. Expect more of the same in this year's bowls too. The committee can prop them up but they cant prevent those ass kickings that will follow.

"No conference takes it easier with Non conference football scheduling than the SEC"- CBS Sports.

The Citadel, Rice, Mercer, etc etc etc. And not just last year, not just this year......EVERY YEAR.

The ONLY reason their SOS is even half what it is: 1.) Overvalued pre season rankings 2.) CFP ability to continue to keep them propped up in the polls when they do not deserve to be there based on all of the other data collecting polls. Sometimes as high as 14...yes 14 spots higher than the other data driven polls for College football.

"Oh but the SEC and there SOS blah blah blah"....WRONG! Non conference schedule THE WORST in college FBS football. Conference schedule FULL of overrated SEC teams to be used as resume builders later down the road.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:48 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm Just check out how GREAT the SEC was in 2017, the most recent completed full season:

SEC vs ACC 7-5
SEC vs B12 2-2

now.......

The fact that an emoji was all that you could come up with is priceless. Case and point.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm
The General wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:48 pm

SEC vs ACC 7-5
SEC vs B12 2-2

now.......

The fact that an emoji was all that you could come up with is priceless. Case and point.
Now do you really believe that a dipshit idiot ohio HOMER who Hates and Knows as little as you do boy deserves any more?....You dont....poop for Brains..lol...Now go away you little clicking ohio HOMER...GTFO as you say FHead :lol: :lol: .....I am studying College Football Playoff Matchups....Of which ohio is NOT participating in..AGAIN....Now go look at your Pinnochio wall Poster...Get all ready.... Get your kneepads on,puckerup....and DO your thing...Have another circle jerk "Group" PM and get yourselves right :lol: :lol: ...And keep loving on THE GENERAL HOMER Boy... :lol: :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Jesus guys, quit dealing with him. He's like dandelions. He keeps coming up in your yard, you can't get rid of him and eventually he turns into a worthless ball of fuzz until next season.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
The General
All State

Post by The General »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm Jesus guys, quit dealing with him. He's like dandelions. He keeps coming up in your yard, you can't get rid of him and eventually he turns into a worthless ball of fuzz until next season.
Nice. You must have put a lot of thought in that.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Yea about 2 minutes. I feel your hate. How does that feel?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Could care less .....

The General
All State

Post by The General »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:49 pm
The General wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 pm Could care less .....
My point is I'm disappointed some folks on here indulge your trolling. Go s*ck Paul Finebaums butt. We support tOSU on here.
Good for you. You go s*uck The General's butt. We support College Football on here. Not HATERS like ohio HOMERS

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

😅😅😅 OK, from one butt sucker to another. Carry on!

Return to “College Sports”