2018 College Football Award Winners

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

2018 College Football Award Winners

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Here are the winners of the awards for this year. I'll continually update the list.

Heisman Trophy (Outstanding Player) - Kyler Murray (Oklahoma)
Maxwell Award (Outstanding Player) - Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama)
Walter Camp Award (Player of the Year) - Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama)
Lombardi Award (Nation's Top Player) -
Paul Hornung Award (Most Versatile Player) - Rondale Moore (Purdue)
Campbell Trophy (Top Scholar-Athlete) - Christian Wilkins (Clemson)
Disney Spirit Award (Most Inspirational Player/Team) - Tyler Trent (Purdue)
Wuerffel Trophy (Top Community Servant) - Drue Tranquill (Notre Dame)

Doak Walker Award (Running Back of the Year) - Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin)
Davey O'Brien Award (Quarterback of the Year) - Kyler Murray (Oklahoma)
Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (Top Sr. QB) - Gardner Minshew (Washington State)
Fred Biletnikoff Award (Outstanding Receiver) - Jerry Jeudy (Alabama)
John Mackey Award (Outstanding Tight End) - TJ Hockenson (Iowa)
Rimington Trophy (Outstanding Center) - Garrett Bradbury (NC State)
Outland Trophy (Outstanding Interior Lineman) - Quinnen Williams (Alabama)

Chuck Bednarik Award (Defensive Player of the Year) - Josh Allen (Kentucky)
Bronko Nagurski Award (Defensive Player of the Year) - Josh Allen (Kentucky)
Dick Butkus Award (Outstanding Linebacker) - Devin White (LSU)
Jim Thorpe Award (Outstanding Defensive Back) - Deandre Baker (Georgia)
Ted Hendricks Award (Defensive End of the Year) - Clelin Ferrell (Clemson)
Lott IMPACT Trophy (Outstanding Defensive Player) - Josh Allen (Kentucky)

Lou Groza Award (Kicker of the Year) - Andre Szmyt (Syracuse)
Ray Guy Award (Punter of the Year) - Braden Mann (Texas A&M)

The Home Depot Award (Coach of the Year) - Brian Kelly (Notre Dame)
Frank Broyles Award (Assistant Coach of the Year) - Mike Anthony Locksley (Maryland)
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Re: 2018 College Football Award Winners

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

8-)

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Update from tonight's awards

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am going to make one comment:

Tua looked good against those FCS schools and the mediocre to poor SEC teams he played against. When he faced a good Georgia defense he crumbled.

Not saying he isnt a good player, obviously he is, but Murray and Haskins are 10 times the player Tua is and if Tua wins the Heisman its because ESPN promoted this guy and shoved him down everyone's throat all year.

They talk about how Tua didnt play many 4th quarters and his numbers could be even better. Same could be said with Haskins. He may have went over 5500 yards. Murray was in shoot outs all year because of their poor defense at OK.

If Tua wins the Heisman, its the ultimate cherry on top of the sham that is college football today.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow no buckeyes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:25 am I am going to make one comment:

Tua looked good against those FCS schools and the mediocre to poor SEC teams he played against. When he faced a good Georgia defense he crumbled.

Not saying he isnt a good player, obviously he is, but Murray and Haskins are 10 times the player Tua is and if Tua wins the Heisman its because ESPN promoted this guy and shoved him down everyone's throat all year.

They talk about how Tua didnt play many 4th quarters and his numbers could be even better. Same could be said with Haskins. He may have went over 5500 yards. Murray was in shoot outs all year because of their poor defense at OK.

If Tua wins the Heisman, its the ultimate cherry on top of the sham that is college football today.
Even as a diehard OSU fan, I definitely disagree with this. I honestly believe that the Heisman is a toss up, I don't know that anyone has a complete edge. The only edge would be that Tua and Murray's teams both made the playoffs, so I can't see Haskins winning it.

Going through and looking at the stats, Tua had just one poor game all year, which was against Georgia, when he got injured.

For me, this award is a toss up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

Even as a diehard OSU fan, I definitely disagree with this. I honestly believe that the Heisman is a toss up, I don't know that anyone has a complete edge. The only edge would be that Tua and Murray's teams both made the playoffs, so I can't see Haskins winning it.

Going through and looking at the stats, Tua had just one poor game all year, which was against Georgia, when he got injured.

Come on dude.

Louisville (Home), Arkansas St (Home), MISS, A&M (Home), LA-Lafeyette (Home), Arkansas, Missouri (Home), Tenn, LSU, MS State (home), CITADEL (Home), Auburn (Home).

Then Georgia.

8 home games. Only 8 conference games.

Dont drink all the Koolaid that ESPN is pushing down your throat.

In Bama's big win over Georgia, Tua played awful. In both OSU's and OU's losses, both QB's still played well and had great stats.

There is a big difference in the 3. The major difference is how ESPN (Direct SEC affiliate) put Tua on the podium since week 1.

I am not saying that he didnt have a good year and deserves to be a finalist, but he certainly doesnt deserve to be the winner. Stat wise, schedule wise, etc.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kentucky, LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Texas A&M on the board for the SEC and Locksley just left Sabans staff for the Maryland job (will Coach thru Bama's bowl games though).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:59 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

Come on dude.

Louisville (Home), Arkansas St (Home), MISS, A&M (Home), LA-Lafeyette (Home), Arkansas, Missouri (Home), Tenn, LSU, MS State (home), CITADEL (Home), Auburn (Home).

Then Georgia.

8 home games. Only 8 conference games.

Dont drink all the Koolaid that ESPN is pushing down your throat.

In Bama's big win over Georgia, Tua played awful. In both OSU's and OU's losses, both QB's still played well and had great stats.

There is a big difference in the 3. The major difference is how ESPN (Direct SEC affiliate) put Tua on the podium since week 1.

I am not saying that he didnt have a good year and deserves to be a finalist, but he certainly doesnt deserve to be the winner. Stat wise, schedule wise, etc.
Believe me, I'm not drinking any SEC/ESPN koolaid. They played some really bad teams where he looked really good. But he also looked good in other games. I agree, he absolutely did not play well against Georgia (an elite defense). But, a big factor in Heisman voting goes into team success as well. So, with that being said, I'd say it's him or Murray who wins it since both teams made the playoff.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't some of these voters vote early. Some might have already voted before bammers QB bad day. Plus OSU QB wasn't thought to be that strong of a contender until the Meatchicken game. If some voted really OSUs QB is out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Murray wins the Heisman.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Josh Allen keeps racking up the postseason awards, as he was award the Lott Impact Award last night.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Some people just will not take off their scarlett and gray goggles.

Return to “College Sports”