Heisman Trophy Winner

countywide35
SEOP

Heisman Trophy Winner

Post by countywide35 »

Always a pleasure to watch the Heisman Trophy presentation. It was nice to see Barry Sanders get quite a bit of recognition through the fall for his 20yr anniversary. The room was full of talent. The night was set from the early morning. Then as I watched the 2018 three finalists each get recognized for their stellar performances. They are correct in saying that if any of those three were by their selves in another they hands down would the favorite to win. Stats were close. Close games won. Big stage wins. And teams fighting to be part of the CFP and national title games. They are were there. Which lead to put into perspective who had the tougher journey getting there and their teams. They all had a different story. But none as what Dwayne Haskins did for his team. He put the Buckeyes on his back and he won games week in and week out for his team. The hard way. But taking nothing away from Kyler. He already is a professional athlete. And congrats on being the 2018 Heisman Trophy.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Heisman Trophy Winner

Post by Omega »

Haskins is the best passer, Tua is the best athlete. Murray is the best combination of Haskins and Tua's strengths.

The ceremony always pays homage to the past as well as honoring the present. The sad part of it is the social justice warriors have unleashed their disapproval of Mr. Murray:

http://reason.com/blog/2018/12/09/kyler ... bic-tweets

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 pm Haskins is the best passer, Tua is the best athlete. Murray is the best combination of Haskins and Tua's strengths.

The ceremony always pays homage to the past as well as honoring the present. The sad part of it is the social justice warriors have unleashed their disapproval of Mr. Murray:

http://reason.com/blog/2018/12/09/kyler ... bic-tweets
Well the comparison of athletes is more than fair. I still believe as close as the criteria they look at was so very comparable to one another I felt Haskins had to do more for his team week in and week out for not only him to be at the Heisman Trophy ceremony but the buckeyes to be big10champs and the heart of playoff talks. Now for someone to dig that stuff up on mr Murray is beyond me. to be ridiculed for something he’s said many years as young immature teenager for the rest of his life is not quite fair. People tend to make mistakes in life , learn from them , and move on. From that statement to now being a professional MLB player and the 2018 Heisman Trophy winner that’s two pretty good signs he may have matured some the past several years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ESPN pushed Bama and OK all season. They got both in the playoffs.

ESPN pushed Tua and Murray all season for Heisman. Even their ads in the week leading up to the presentation pushed Tua and Murray exclusively, as did the majority of the interviews.

ESPN/CFP/Heisman- the true example of no separation between church and state.

I am not saying that Murray wasnt deserving as he certainly was. Haskins, what he meant for his team and the records he set this season was above and beyond anything that Tua did on the field.

And lets not forget Tua crapping down his leg once he got out of that FCS and mediocre conference schedule. He totally buckled to the one really good defense that he faced this year in Georgia. If not for Kirby Smart totally having a coaching meltdown in the late second half for the second year in a row, Bama would not have been bailed out.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am ESPN pushed Bama and OK all season. They got both in the playoffs.

ESPN pushed Tua and Murray all season for Heisman. Even their ads in the week leading up to the presentation pushed Tua and Murray exclusively, as did the majority of the interviews.

ESPN/CFP/Heisman- the true example of no separation between church and state.

I am not saying that Murray wasnt deserving as he certainly was. Haskins, what he meant for his team and the records he set this season was above and beyond anything that Tua did on the field.

And lets not forget Tua crapping down his leg once he got out of that FCS and mediocre conference schedule. He totally buckled to the one really good defense that he faced this year in Georgia. If not for Kirby Smart totally having a coaching meltdown in the late second half for the second year in a row, Bama would not have been bailed out.

Could not have been said any better.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ESPN pushes the SEC so hard. It truly is a one sided advantage to what ESPN can do for college football. Every fall they do a one hour fall training camp days that seems to run non-stop through the first of August on every ESPN channel and its every year. Marty smith from ESPN is who does the show. And it is about Alabama year in and year out. What a recruitment advantage. Every 1/2star to 5star that’s either considering them or not gets to see what’s it like to be in Alabama. I would not say anything of the show was an hr long about multiple teams from all the POwer 5. Shouldn’t be just 60mins of roll tide training days.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 pm ESPN pushes the SEC so hard. It truly is a one sided advantage to what ESPN can do for college football. Every fall they do a one hour fall training camp days that seems to run non-stop through the first of August on every ESPN channel and its every year. Marty smith from ESPN is who does the show. And it is about Alabama year in and year out. What a recruitment advantage. Every 1/2star to 5star that’s either considering them or not gets to see what’s it like to be in Alabama. I would not say anything of the show was an hr long about multiple teams from all the POwer 5. Shouldn’t be just 60mins of roll tide training days.
Keep in mind they own the majority of the SEC Network. There ya go. That says it all.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

true dat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Was going to post it in the original. But left it out to see if anyone else had the same perception. Obviously I’m not the only one then.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 pm Was going to post it in the original. But left it out to see if anyone else had the same perception. Obviously I’m not the only one then.
Its not perception, rather reality. Its all about the benjamins. That is why ESPN pushes SEC down everyone's throat (well those who watch).

Return to “College Sports”