Colin Cowherd Bashing OSU- lets hear your Beef

Are you not liking him right now

Total votes: 0

gobucks85
Waterboy

Colin Cowherd Bashing OSU- lets hear your Beef

Post by gobucks85 »

Has anyone been listenning to Colin Cowherd latly he is really bashing OSU's lack of schedule and team also. I was wanting to know what everyone else thinks about his bashing.. i know the schedule isnt strong and most will agree but he gives no credit to the Bucks this year! Yet when BOISE plays a weak schedule and gos 13-0 he loves them no sense???

What is your BEEF with the HERD

He is also suppose to be at Eddie Georges bar and grill friday

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

That's just the way Cowherd is. He loved OSU last year but now bashes them this year. He's just another radio guy and I don't take anything he says serious. Actually I think he's pretty hilarious at times but I don't get to listen to him much anymore. Anyways if I start letting the things he says or any other TV personality make me mad then somethings wrong!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I voted for hate him. I used to listen to him, but he is a tool. He just flaps his gums to hear his lips move. I think he sucks.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Colin Cowherd Bashing OSU- lets hear your Beef

Post by farmer »

gobucks85 wrote:Has anyone been listenning to Colin Cowherd latly he is really bashing OSU's lack of schedule and team also. I was wanting to know what everyone else thinks about his bashing.. i know the schedule isnt strong and most will agree but he gives no credit to the Bucks this year! Yet when BOISE plays a weak schedule and gos 13-0 he loves them no sense???

What is your BEEF with the HERD

He is also suppose to be at Eddie Georges bar and grill friday

Does that mean from the bar you can see them put Colin on the grill???

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

Cowherd complained about Ohio State schedule last year...his argument was how come they got a 'free pass' when it came to talking about strength of schedule...because everyone focused on Florida playing like the Citadel in their next to last game of the year...

And by the looks of things this year's schedule is no different than last year's:

Northern Illinois (7-6)
at Texas (10-3)
Cincinnati (8-5)
Penn State (9-4)
at Iowa (6-7)
Bowling Green (4-8 )
at Michigan State (4-8 )
Indiana (5-7)
Minnesota (6-7)
at Illinois (2-10)
at Northwestern (4-8 )
Michigan (11-2)
Florida (13-1)
89-76 = 53.9%

Youngstown State (5-4)
Akron (3-5)
at Washington (2-6)
Northwestern (5-4)
at Minnesota (1-8 )
at Purdue (7-2)
Kent State (3-6)
Michigan State (5-4)
at Penn State (6-3)
Wisconsin (7-2)
Illinois (6-3)
at Michigan (7-2)
Bowl Game (0-0)
57-51 = 52.7%

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

I have no beef with this remark at all. I just wish he would give them some credit for at least winning everygame they have played this season. Lets face the schedule isn't that good. The teams they have played with winning recrods really aren't good teams. Penn State and Purdue are highly overrated and if it wasn't for a weak schedule by them they wouldn't be having the years they are having. I don't think Purdue will beat PSU, WISC, or Illinois if they play them all and that will give them five losses. Not a great season. As far as the actual buckeye team goes its hard for anyone that isn't a buckeye fan to give them credit just yet. We seen last year how good their defense was for the first 11 games and then it got shredded during the final two games. Looks like that might happen this season too. PSU ran the ball pretty good against the bucks. PSU isn't the greatest offensive team in the world but they moved the ball on the buckeyes. I look for michigan to beat the bucks this year then it doesn't matter who says what about the bucks.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Colin has a good show I listen to him almost every day. Osu fans just don't like to hear the truth. If osu wins out and doesn't get blown out in thier bowl game then they will earn some respect.

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

whompascat wrote:Colin has a good show I listen to him almost every day. Osu fans just don't like to hear the truth. If osu wins out and doesn't get blown out in thier bowl game then they will earn some respect.

The truth? :roll: This is all opinion how is it the truth?

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

tigercannon71 wrote:I voted for hate him. I used to listen to him, but he is a tool. He just flaps his gums to hear his lips move. I think he sucks.

I am actually going to agree with you TC. :lol: :lol:He is a huge tool bag that like alot of people on this site act like his opinion is Fact.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Why did '96 Florida get a pass after being blown away by Nebraska in '95 62-14? Also, UT should forfeit their '98 NC because they got beat by Nebraska 42-17 in the '97 Orange Bowl. LSU should forfeit their '03 NC because they got beat 35-20 by Texas in the '02 Cotton Bowl (before scoffing that this is just a 15 point loss, remember UM lost to USC by 14 last year and that gets called a blowout). Don't these games prove the weakness of the SEC?

How about Oklahoma being shredded by USC in '04? The Big 12 team won the NC in '05, just a year after that beating. I already mentioned that UF lost to FSU 24-21 in '96, then beat FSU 52-20 in the same year in a bowl game. Hmm..a 35 point...point swing. Fightingtiger says UF just learned about FSU...I guess FSU didn't learn a darn thing. It just shows that such changes can occur from the regular season to a bowl.

How do you know Purdue and PSU aren't very good? PSU returns almost everyone from a team that beat Tennessee last year. Wisky returns a lot of guys who beat the SEC west champ Arkansas last year. Purdue's coach said this may be the best team he has ever had, and he had a Rose Bowl Drew Brees team in the past. Michigan beat Illinois w/out their starting QB and TB. Illinois played a thriller with Missouri with a bunch of new frosh just gaining experience. Missouri blew out Ole Miss if I recall correctly, which would lead me to believe that Illinois would do the same.

How about the SEC East leading Vols being handled by 3 PAC Ten loss Cal? How about Miss State being blown away by WVU, but they beat Auburn and Kentucky? How about Alabama being considered a test for LSU, but Bama lost to freaking FSU. FSU is far from even being thought of as slightly good. South Florida beat Auburn on their home field. South Florida has now lost to Rutgers and UfreakingCONN.

Southern people and fans are just proving the intelligence that most people give them credit for in the first place. Education and intelligence are not prized commodities in those parts. I think some of these SEO fans are just fans of southern teams because they can relate to the socioeconomic standards.

BTW, Colin Cowherd = doing his schtick. The guy from OSU's scout site is the owner of the Las Vegas minor league baseball team, the Dayton Dragons, and many other sports franchises. Colin Cowherd used to be the play by play guy for the Vegas team, and has even talked about it on his program. The guy from OSU's site said that Cowherd loves Jim Tressel, the OSU Facilities, and the OSU fans. He even said that Colin uses southern people as the butts of his jokes, and that Colin just tries to stir up callers. OSU, New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Dallas Cowboys = ratings.

He said don't love Colin when he brags on OSU, and don't hate him when he criticizes. He is trying to get callers.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

if osu had last years schedule this year people would be talking differently

all those teams from last year are doing good this year except iowa minnesota and NI

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

I'll neither defend nor deny Ohio State's mediocre strength of schedule; but anyone who suggests that OSU doesn't deserve to be ranked number one needs their heads examined.

For better or worse, Tressel does seem to have figured out a successful scheduling philosophy....look for copycats across the country to attempt to duplicate his ideas over the next few years.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I don't know what that scheduling strategy is. They play home and homes with Texas, USC, Miami Florida, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech. They also play some soft non-conference games just like everyone else. However instead of playing FAU, Western Kentucky, FIU, etc. they are playing Ohio schools. Though, Troy is on the schedule next season. The Big Ten schedule is what it is...it's a conference that went 2-1 against the SEC last year and has a winning record against the SEC the last 5 years. Every conference goes in cycles.

Return to “College Sports”