Rice, Manningham and Others to Enter NFL Draft

Weis-guys
JV Team

Rice, Manningham and Others to Enter NFL Draft

Post by Weis-guys »

Rich Rodriguez announces that he expects Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington or quarterback Ryan Mallett at Michigan.

The bigger news might be Mallet in this, as this might sway Prior towards Michigan.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns

Ray Rice declared for the draft as well.

In his three seasons, the Scarlet Knights were 26-12 after failing to finish above .500 in the 12 previous seasons.

Five Missouri football players who considered entering the 2008 NFL draft will return for their senior season instead.

The players were:
quarterback Chase Daniel
tight end Chase Coffman
free safety William Moore
defensive end Stryker Sulak
defensive tackle Ziggy Hood

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

Also, Central Florida RB Kevin Smith entered the draft last week.

He was the nation’s leading rusher in the 2007 season, finishing the season with 2,567 rushing yards and 29 rushing touchdowns.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I couldn't help from commenting on your avatar to say it's much better to be the Ohio State Bills than the Notre Dame Dolphins. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;-)

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

When did Kevin Smith say he was leaving? During an interview before his bowl he indicated he was coming back for his senior season.

Mannigham has now officially contacted an agent, but AAir has yet to do so, plus he had a bad NFL report (3rd round), so I think there is still a possibility he comes back.

Mallett will do fine wherever he goes, though it is a shame he will have to sit an entire year. Look for him to resurface in the SEC, either with Tennessee or Arkansas. His QB coach Scoot Loffler is rumored to be headed to Tennessee.

Others who I expect to leave:
Verhnon Golhston, DE, OSU
Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
Malcom Jenkins, DB/S, OSU
Steve Slayton, RB, WVU
Deshawn Jackson, WR/KR, Cal
Johnathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

Smith made the announcement either Saturday or Sunday. One reason that ESPN said was that because of the season he had, that he felt it would be very hard to equal or improve.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Mallet will go to texas back home with his parents

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

Actually a ran across a rumor of Mallet going to Oregon...but I'm not positive...maybe peake can verify that

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ummm, haven't heard that from anyone about Oregon. He was considering UCLA due to the fact that Loofler was interviewed there. It really all comes down to two things with him I am beeing told, where Loffler ends up (Tennessee possibly) or ging to his number two schook Arkansas, where Patrino will throw it all over the place.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Michigan
Alabama
Florida State
LSU
USC

Out of those schools he was interested in Only Michigan and LSU offered

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Your a lonely guy Weis-guy.
You making fun of a team that lost a national championship game is funny.
Thats about as funny as the guy who wears his Marshall P.J's to an Ironton game. :lol:

Never Give Up!
Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

ItownHosscat wrote:Your a lonely guy Weis-guy.
Thats about as funny as the guy who wears his Marshall P.J's to an Ironton game. :lol:

Almost as funny as the guy who gives bad critiques to sportswriters with dozens of AP awards... :lol:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

:lol:

Never Give Up!
ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Don't take it personal,I think the whole paper sucks. :lol:

Never Give Up!
Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

ItownHosscat wrote:Your a lonely guy Weis-guy.

So if he is making fun of that team, then I guess he is making fun of 2 former Ironton players who played under Coach Lutz and Coach Burcham? :shock:

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Everytime I see anything that has "Weis" in it, I think of ND. And if I recall, they were " just a little bit outside" of being in contention for a National Championship. To play for the TITLE 2 years in a row, that is "Balls to the Walls" for me !! GO BUCKS !!!

Waiting to visualize the sight of TC 71 at an away TIGER game .
ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Im not going to make fun of his team.Hell I had a cousin play for them,and won a national championship.So yes I do root for them as well.
But,it is a slap in the face of not only those locals that played,but 2 of those were his teammates at one time.Uncalled for in my opinion.

Never Give Up!
Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

I just love your alls "I like you if you're opinion is the same as mine, but if our opinions differ I don't like you" attitude.

Just because they play on the team, doesn't mean I automatically have to be a super fan of that team. I don't see any of you two being very supportive of Marshall, yet the head coach is an Ironton alumni.

I have have been proud of the accomplishments from both Williams and Whaley, as well as the others who have gone on to college careers. Hell, I just talked to Whaley's parents a week before the game tellin them how it was the best way to end a football career and I hoped he had a heck of a game. Understand that I dislike the jersey, not the person who wears the jersey.
Thats about as funny as the guy who wears his Marshall P.J's to an Ironton game.

Hosscat, why is it wrong to post an avatar, and that's a slap in the face or uncalled for? Yet you make jokes about what I wear to Ironton games? You think that's not a slap in the face to me on a personal level?

Rhiannon seems as though you're trying to insinuate that I'm a terrible person...which I believe you're trying to damage my character...I think that's a rule on this message board. :shock: :shock:

I'm finished with this conversation with you two. If you have anymore complaints you can 'pm' me.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Weis-guys wrote:
Rhiannon seems as though you're trying to insinuate that I'm a terrible person...which I believe you're trying to damage my character...I think that's a rule on this message board. :shock: :shock:

I'm finished with this conversation with you two. If you have anymore complaints you can 'pm' me.

YOU HAVE A PM WEISGUYS!!!

Also I am damaging your character? Oh that is all right that you and your group post my name and address on this site and not a DARN thing gets done? Lies have been posted about my husband and myself and yet that is not character damage? Please. Also how is asking someone a question, trying to damage your character? Go back and read my posts.

Here is what I said

So if he is making fun of that team, then I guess he is making fun of 2 former Ironton players who played under Coach Lutz and Coach Burcham? Shocked

Also how do you know that I don't support Marshall? Just because I don't post on their topics doesn't mean I don't like Marshall. I am a fan of the Buckeyes. Didn't know that was a crime :roll:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Buckeyes have been there 3 times since 2002,winning 1.

P.S Another great story by Bill Bruce in the Lawrence Herald. :lol:

Never Give Up!
buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Weis-guys wrote:
ItownHosscat wrote:Thats about as funny as the guy who wears his Marshall P.J's to an Ironton game.

Hosscat, why is it wrong to post an avatar, and that's a slap in the face or uncalled for? Yet you make jokes about what I wear to Ironton games? You think that's not a slap in the face to me on a personal level?

weis-guys, you wore Marshall PJ's to an Ironton game? To quote the great Lloyd Christmas, "What a pathetic loser!!". :lol:

P.S: All in good fun weis-guys. Please don't take this serious. ;-)

Return to “College Sports”