2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by countywide35 »

Well we should be able to watch a highlight show of all sports without coming Aug we get blasted in the you know where with one sides opinions. I’m off the espn kick (for now lol)

What’s everybody thoughts with this team ??? We gonna come out the gates smoking hot???? Or we gonna see a team n new coach mold into contenders by doing what it takes week in week out.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What I hope for is we don't hit that speed bump that prior Urban Meyer teams hit. Iowa? Purdue? We should steamroll those teams. We should aspire to compete with Clemson and Bama. Hopefully Day isn't caught up in an ego trip with besting Saban

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’m hoping this TEAM comes out blazing and playing more aggressive....they are loaded with talent!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree with smurray. I think from what I saw outta ryan day is that he is gonna go full throttle and not take his foot off the gas. as much as I love urban, he watched some nonsense going on. like these dumb backward passes and the like. and off field stuff. I think he is going to be a players coach. but a strict disciplinarian as well. you have to be at ohio state. woody hayes already had a huge career going coaching the buckeyes, john cooper had great success at zona state prior to coaching the bucks, tressel had won national championships at Youngstown, luke got throwed into a crapcopter. and urban had 2 national titles before landing here. ryan I think will put the pedal to the metal making his mark. one game at a time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree men. If what we saw last year with him as Interim head coach we should see a high octane team. We need it on BOTH sides of the ball. Players playing with a high level of of intensity and speed. I do like we are not even being considered as play-off contender. I have always found it easier to play as the underdog. And gosh dang it I hope they come out with a chip on their shoulder with the attitude of proving the world wrong.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Gents. The BIG10 Commish pleaded and made a bold statement to the CFP Committee. Saying conference titles and strength of schedule have to be valued. I could not agree more. Look at Alabama schedule. They don’t play anybody till almost November.
Last edited by countywide35 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Also, did anybody read also what Jim Harbaugh about urban Meyer? Harbaugh said that Coach Meyer wins, the everywhere he goes is nothing but controversy and trouble Ouch

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:11 am I agree men. If what we saw last year with him as Interim head coach we should see a high octane team. We need it on BOTH sides of the ball. Players playing with a high level of of intensity and speed. I do like we are not even being considered as play-off contender. I have always found it easier to play as the underdog. And gosh dang it I hope they come out with a chip on their shoulder with the attitude of proving the world wrong.
me too county, us against the world personna.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:50 am Also, did anybody read also what Jim Harbaugh about urban Meyer? Harbaugh said that Coach Meyer wins, the everywhere he goes is nothing but controversy and trouble Ouch
I talked to jim harbaugh's mommy one time. and she told me we couldn't even let little jimmy play in the sandbox when he was little. because the cat's kept covering him up.

this guy is a joke prodding urban. I think he's a good coach, everyone knows that. but poking the bear that beat you all 7 times they played you. well ummmmmmmmmmm nuff said.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 am Gents. The BIG10 Commish pleaded and made a bold statement to the CFP Committee. Saying conference titles and strength of schedule have to be valued. I could not agree more. Look at Alabama schedule. They don’t play anybody till almost November.
Totally agree

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:50 am Also, did anybody read also what Jim Harbaugh about urban Meyer? Harbaugh said that Coach Meyer wins, the everywhere he goes is nothing but controversy and trouble Ouch
Jimmy has plenty of controversy. It's based on how he cant win.

Maybe he should be more like Urban.

62-39.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Jimmy has plenty of controversy. It's based on how he cant win.

Maybe he should be more like Urban.

62-39.

Agreed. I don’t want to get too cocky over his record against the bucks. But ooooooo how even sweeter it be now if a first year head coach of the bucks not only beat him. But beat him on his own turf !!!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:11 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 am Gents. The BIG10 Commish pleaded and made a bold statement to the CFP Committee. Saying conference titles and strength of schedule have to be valued. I could not agree more. Look at Alabama schedule. They don’t play anybody till almost November.
Totally agree

Red how the heck does anyone not point that out? I just don’t understand how they never and I mean never get ridiculed for their schedules. EVER!! For Pete’s sake if anything they get praised for how it is setup.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:58 pm
Totally agree

Red how the heck does anyone not point that out? I just don’t understand how they never and I mean never get ridiculed for their schedules. EVER!! For Pete’s sake if anything they get praised for how it is setup.
If you watch ESPN/SEC network the SEC gets praised for beating FCS teams. They also grill a team like OSU for having a competitive game against a Power 5 team like Indiana.

If you watch B1G or Pac12 networks, or Fox, they see right through the SEC schedule.

It's like liberal news (CNN) vs Fox news. It makes sense that ESPN is a very liberal station when you think about it. Total junk TV.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 pm

Totally agree

If you watch ESPN/SEC network the SEC gets praised for beating FCS teams. They also grill a team like OSU for having a competitive game against a Power 5 team like Indiana.

If you watch B1G or Pac12 networks, or Fox, they see right through the SEC schedule.

It's like liberal news (CNN) vs Fox news. It makes sense that ESPN is a very liberal station when you think about it. Total junk TV.

There’s the words again Red. ESPN/SEC Network. And again. It’s easy for us to see and rid the problem. Until the CFP Committee quits weighing in ESPN thoughts and opinions aonheavy we are on the short end of this stick. Hopefully the BIG10 commish stress of acknowledging conference titles and strength of schedule Get the attention they so deserve. I’m a bigger fan of the latter of the two.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think ohio state has a nice schedule myself. no fcs schools. and the big ten east is a slaughterhouse. cincy will be a tough game. lest we ferget, new coaches, new qb's. and a lot lost to the nfl.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

8-31 FLORIDA ATLANTIC HOME
9-7 CINCINNATI HOME
9-14 AT INDIANA
9-21 MIAMI, OHIO HOME
9-28 AT NEBRASKA
10-5 MICHIGAN STATE HOME
BYE
10-18 AT NORTHWESTERN
10-26 WISCONSIN HOME
11-9 MARYLAND HOME
11-16 AT RUTGERS
11-23 PENN STATE HOME
11-30 AT MICHIGAN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

then you have crossover conference games with northwestern, nebraska and wisky. at hain't nuthin to smerk about.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:48 am

There’s the words again Red. ESPN/SEC Network. And again. It’s easy for us to see and rid the problem. Until the CFP Committee quits weighing in ESPN thoughts and opinions aonheavy we are on the short end of this stick. Hopefully the BIG10 commish stress of acknowledging conference titles and strength of schedule Get the attention they so deserve. I’m a bigger fan of the latter of the two.
Who televises the weekly CFP Committee rankings? ESPN
Who televises the season finale CFP Committee rankings? ESPN
Who televises the CFP Playoffs and NC games? ESPN

The CFP Committee knows where their financial interests lies.

Fox/Fox Sports should have taken this away from ESPN when ESPN was financially hurting 2 years ago.

Data points:

Until every conference plays 9 conference games each season, the system is flawed.

Until every conference eliminates FCS schools on the schedules, the system is flawed.

Right now it is a totally flawed system. Both structurally and financially.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:48 am

Who televises the weekly CFP Committee rankings? ESPN
Who televises the season finale CFP Committee rankings? ESPN
Who televises the CFP Playoffs and NC games? ESPN

The CFP Committee knows where their financial interests lies.

Fox/Fox Sports should have taken this away from ESPN when ESPN was financially hurting 2 years ago.

Data points:

Until every conference plays 9 conference games each season, the system is flawed.

Until every conference eliminates FCS schools on the schedules, the system is flawed.

Right now it is a totally flawed system. Both structurally and financially.

What a big dose of reality right there !!!! That statement needs to go clear to the top !!!

Return to “College Sports”