OSU QB MATTHEW BALDWIN ENTERS NCAA TRANSFER PORTAL

baseball16
All Conference

Re: OSU QB MATTHEW BALDWIN ENTERS NCAA TRANSFER PORTAL

Post by baseball16 »

NCAA has opened up a can of worms with the Transfers in my opinion. I am ok with players wanting to transfer, however it was always 1 year of sitting. Now there are loopholes and kids are jumping ship and moving at an unbelievable clip. It started with Grad students now it's moving to all students. I am all for a Burrow or Baldwin wanting to go and play somewhere for a chance to play, but NCAA needs to stick with the rules or get rid of the rules entirely and let kids go where ever they want to go!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:14 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 am I am not sure I would want to call Baldwin a "punk and a liar" for trying to do what is best for him.

He is transferring. Just like Fields did. I do not see any differences.
You do what you want, the circumstances were totally different in both cases.
What do you know about the Baldwin situation that no one else knows? Unless you have insider knowledge of the Baldwin's family situation, then you have no clue if the "circumstances were totally different". Baldwin left showing nothing but class and love for Ohio State. The kid thinks he can play somewhere else. Was Burrow a "punk and a liar"?
I do.

And Tater Tot and Baldwin both lied.

Do you have any more questions for me pal?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

my question is then why are we recruiting so many blue chip qb's that are head cases. I watched qb1 on Netflix and knew tater was a spoiled purty boy after seein it. always worried about his hair, and rude to his parents. admittedly I don't know anything about Baldwin. I watched fields on qb1 and he seemed solid, good kid , and respectable.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Fields had a reason for leaving Georgia based on racial slurs made against him from members of the Georgia baseball team.

Baldwin just 2 months ago was ready to "compete for the starting QB position" and "show the staff how well he could play". Urban was already out and Fields was already coming at that point. It didnt seem to be the issue when Baldwin made those statements. Then, after he saw how good Fields was in practice, he decided to dip his tail between his legs and run.

2 totally different scenarios.

Tater Tot did exactly as Baldwin. He knew he wasnt going to be good enough so he cried and left. He was a punk when he was in NV. The show they did on him shows just that. He is a baby.

Good riddance to both. If they dont have the drive to outwork the person in front of them, they would have never made it on the big stage at OSU anyways.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:27 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:14 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am

You do what you want, the circumstances were totally different in both cases.
What do you know about the Baldwin situation that no one else knows? Unless you have insider knowledge of the Baldwin's family situation, then you have no clue if the "circumstances were totally different". Baldwin left showing nothing but class and love for Ohio State. The kid thinks he can play somewhere else. Was Burrow a "punk and a liar"?
I do.

And Tater Tot and Baldwin both lied.

Do you have any more questions for me pal?
Sure do "pal"....

Go ahead and lay it on us....Give us your inside info that no one including Eleven Warriors and those close to the program have. By all means impart SEOPS with your inside info that leads you to calling a 20 year old college athlete a punk and a liar because he chose to leave and go somewhere and play. The exact same thing the current Buckeye quarterback did.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I am thrilled to have Fields at Ohio State but let's get serious. He is still at Georgia if he beats out Fromm. He did not so he "dipped his tail and ran".

You can make all the excuses you want. In each case the kids want to play. So they did what was best for them. They are 18-22 year olds. They are doing what they need to do. If that makes them "punks and liars" in your book then so be it. I guess you feel the same about Burrow?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:04 am I am thrilled to have Fields at Ohio State but let's get serious. He is still at Georgia if he beats out Fromm. He did not so he "dipped his tail and ran".

You can make all the excuses you want. In each case the kids want to play. So they did what was best for them. They are 18-22 year olds. They are doing what they need to do. If that makes them "punks and liars" in your book then so be it. I guess you feel the same about Burrow?
Nope. I think Burrow was a different situation all together but the result was the same.

These arent "excuses" they are facts. You should look them up. My opinion is as I have already stated. You can meddle in between the facts and my opinion all you want, I have better things to do.

Deuces

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And maybe he is still at Georgia if he beats Fromm out. Thats your opinion but it still isnt the FACTS as to why he left Georgia and entered the transfer portal.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The "facts" are that Burrow did the exact same thing as both of the "liars and punks". But you have a problem with one young man and not the other. Facts.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am The "facts" are that Burrow did the exact same thing as both of the "liars and punks". But you have a problem with one young man and not the other. Facts.
Why do you care? Please tell me.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I don't care at all.

You came on here and slammed a kid for leaving a college. I made the point that it was exactly the same thing that local hero Joe Burrow did. That's it. You obviously care that Baldwin left. So much so that you call him a punk and a liar. You are the one that cares. I clearly showed that you have an issue with one kid and not another.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 am I don't care at all.

You came on here and slammed a kid for leaving a college. I made the point that it was exactly the same thing that local hero Joe Burrow did. That's it. You obviously care that Baldwin left. So much so that you call him a punk and a liar. You are the one that cares. I clearly showed that you have an issue with one kid and not another.
I really dont care. Thats why you getting your panties in a wad like you ALWAYS do is funny. I literally lol'd reading your comments because I find it funny and could care less.

BTW- I dont think that 20 year olds are KIDS.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Michigan for the east this year. Toss up Minnesota/Northwestern for the west.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 am Michigan for the east this year. Toss up Minnesota/Northwestern for the west.
:lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:04 am I am thrilled to have Fields at Ohio State but let's get serious. He is still at Georgia if he beats out Fromm. He did not so he "dipped his tail and ran".

crab fromm was on the qb1 series too. I really liked him. outdoorsman, great attitude, respectable, team player. team leader, very coachable. I look for very big things from him, and him keeping his nose clean.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see some things haven't changed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

????????????????????????????????????

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Kentucky QB Gunnar Hoak transfers to OSU with 2 years of immediate playing time eligibility.

He did it the RIGHT way as a grad transfer.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:07 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see some things haven't changed.
You got that right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some OSU fans on here already have been out to dinner with the coaching staff, and looks to have all the scoop inside and out. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 am I don't care at all.

I really dont care. Thats why you getting your panties in a wad like you ALWAYS do is funny. I literally lol'd reading your comments because I find it funny and could care less.

BTW- I dont think that 20 year olds are KIDS.
You getting defensive when you get called out on something is what ALWAYS happens.

Congrats on having your life completely figured out at 20. Mad props.

Return to “College Sports”