OSU QB MATTHEW BALDWIN ENTERS NCAA TRANSFER PORTAL

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: OSU QB MATTHEW BALDWIN ENTERS NCAA TRANSFER PORTAL

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:35 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 am I don't care at all.

You came on here and slammed a kid for leaving a college. I made the point that it was exactly the same thing that local hero Joe Burrow did. That's it. You obviously care that Baldwin left. So much so that you call him a punk and a liar. You are the one that cares. I clearly showed that you have an issue with one kid and not another.
I really dont care. Thats why you getting your panties in a wad like you ALWAYS do is funny. I literally lol'd reading your comments because I find it funny and could care less.

BTW- I dont think that 20 year olds are KIDS.
You getting defensive when you get called out on something is what ALWAYS happens.

Congrats on having your life completely figured out at 20. Mad props.
I didnt get called out on anything. I knew what I typed and that's that.

You're a joke.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read on Eleven Warriors a short time ago, that Matthew Baldwin has transferred to TCU in Texas.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 pm Just read on Eleven Warriors a short time ago, that Matthew Baldwin has transferred to TCU in Texas.
At least he gets to go back to his home state and is applying for immediate eligibility. Not sure if a pro style qb will be a good fit for TCU in the wide open Big 12, though I wish him well.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:51 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 pm Just read on Eleven Warriors a short time ago, that Matthew Baldwin has transferred to TCU in Texas.
At least he gets to go back to his home state and is applying for immediate eligibility. Not sure if a pro style qb will be a good fit for TCU in the wide open Big 12, though I wish him well.
Agree with what you're saying about him being a pro-style QB. By the article its seems as if they may already have quite a bit of talent at the QB position. It wouldn't surprise me if one of there QB will be the next QB to enter the transfer portal.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Omega wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:51 pm
Agree with what you're saying about him being a pro-style QB. By the article its seems as if they may already have quite a bit of talent at the QB position. It wouldn't surprise me if one of there QB will be the next QB to enter the transfer portal.
The "transfer" carousel will continue much to the harm of the game of college football. The NCAA needs to formulate clear rules that protect both the student athlete and universities. If not it will be an endless "if you don't play me I will take my ball and go home" circle.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Just for the record, the NCAA has denied Matthew Baldwins petition for immediate eligibility at TCU.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... ck-matthew

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ooops.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

oh snap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

"You stand on the sidelines and support your team this year Petey and next year you will start for me as a senior" lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

As has been stated before, the only thing that is consistent about the NCAA, is how inconsistent they are when making a ruling.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Maybe this is why. I think it was also stated in the eleven warriors article posted above. Talk about pulling the rug out from under your feet. Had he known this his decision might have been different. He might win an appeal but unless his lawyer can speed it up the damage is done this close to the season :shock:

The NCAA Division I council approved a package of updated guidelines in late June that made it more difficult for players to obtain immediate eligibility waivers. Baldwin’s waiver fell under the updated guidelines, while others such as former Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell received a waiver under less strict guidelines earlier this summer.

Unlimited Digital

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:05 pm Maybe this is why. I think it was also stated in the eleven warriors article posted above. Talk about pulling the rug out from under your feet. Had he known this his decision might have been different. He might win an appeal but unless his lawyer can speed it up the damage is done this close to the season :shock:

The NCAA Division I council approved a package of updated guidelines in late June that made it more difficult for players to obtain immediate eligibility waivers. Baldwin’s waiver fell under the updated guidelines, while others such as former Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell received a waiver under less strict guidelines earlier this summer.

Unlimited Digit
You are dead on and are right about the NCAA, and there updated guidelines late in June. You would have thought that they would not have made these changes this year, but at least implemented the new rules as far as the transfer portal next year. Even though it has only affected a few players overall, it might have given some of the players a second thought about even transferring at all.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

There's a great article in the Herald-Dispatch this morning (Sunday) where he discusses the transfer portal. One of the points he makes is the student-athlete loses their scholarship once they enter the portal. He also stated they receive calls everyday, even this late from student-athletes that are still looking for a place to land and even now more are entering the portal.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 am
cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:05 pm Maybe this is why. I think it was also stated in the eleven warriors article posted above. Talk about pulling the rug out from under your feet. Had he known this his decision might have been different. He might win an appeal but unless his lawyer can speed it up the damage is done this close to the season :shock:

Unlimited Digit
You are dead on and are right about the NCAA, and there updated guidelines late in June. You would have thought that they would not have made these changes this year, but at least implemented the new rules as far as the transfer portal next year. Even though it has only affected a few players overall, it might have given some of the players a second thought about even transferring at all.
Yep. I am old school and don't like seeing these players jumping around from school to school. They should keep their commitment once they sign, but I also don't like the NCAA changing their rules after someone has already made their decision under old rules and penalizing them. Esp. when other players have slid by under those old rules. That's why I believe he will win an appeal. The NCAA was probably trying to send a message for this to stop and singled him out.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TATE MARTELL WILL NOT BE MIAMI'S STARTING QUARTERBACK, JARREN WILLIAMS NAMED STARTER

I could not find the original Tate Martell transfer thread, but Tate will ride the pine at The U.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... ed-starter

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm TATE MARTELL WILL NOT BE MIAMI'S STARTING QUARTERBACK, JARREN WILLIAMS NAMED STARTER

I could not find the original Tate Martell transfer thread, but Tate will ride the pine at The U.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... ed-starter
He was going to ride the pine at OSU as well had he not transferred.

Same wood, different scenery. Was never a fan of him after I watched the segment of him in high school and especially after what he said/did upon Fields being named as a portal transfer.

Have fun on those pine knots, Tater Tot.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Back to Matthew Baldwin, he has now been granted eligibility for this season at TCU. This may actually waste a year of eligibility for him as he is buried on the depth chart.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college- ... al-to-ncaa

Return to “College Sports”