WEEK 2. CINCINNATI BEARCATS AT THE SHOE VS. THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 2. CINCINNATI BEARCATS AT THE SHOE VS. THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BOTH TEAMS COMING OFF OF DOMINATING WINS. LUKE FICKELL BACK IN THER SHOE. COACHING AGAINST THE TEAM HE WAS PREVIOUSLY A PLAYER, ALL AMERICAN, AND COACH FOR. YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE AMMO THAN THAT. HE WANTS TO PROVE HIS WORTH AFTER THAT FAILED YEAR AT OSU COACHING WHERE HE WAS THROWN TO THE LIONS COMPLETELY HAMSTRUNG. NOW IT'S A HORSEOF A DIFFERENT COLOR. AND HE COMES KNOCKIN BACK ON THE BUCKEYES FRONT DOOR. OHIO STATE LOOKED GREAT THE 1ST QUARTER AGAIN FAU, AND THEN SLEEPWALKED THROUGH THE SECOND HALF WITH A SEVERE LACK OF FOCUS ON OFFENSE.
MEANWHILE THE BEARCATS WERE SLATHERING THE UCLA BRUINS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. THE BEARCATS HAVE HUGE TIGHT ENDS, HUGE BACKS, PLAY FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL. AND LOOK TO BE A HANDFUL. IF THE BUCKEYES APPROACH THIS GAME LIKE THE 2ND HALF OF THE OWLS GAME. THEN WE MAY GET OUR PURDUE GAME OUT OF THE WAY EARLY. BECAUSE THIS ONE'S GONNA GET REAL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 2. CINCINNATI BEARCATS AT THE SHOE VS. THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

is that better county. ole bait is goin through some things right now. let's talk foosball. and get real about the matchup.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pretty much right they were sleep walking after the first quarter. I really wanted them to run the score up on Lane Kiffin, the clown that he is, and make him earn that pay check from OSU.

OSU staff has a lot of things to cleanup, mainly getting the players to focus for 4 quarters.

Fickel will have his boys ready but OSU is just much better then Cincy.

OSU 45 - 21

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Luke Fickell may well leave Ohio Stadium with a victory over his alma mater. The Buckeyes struggle but edge the Cats 27-24.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bama was in a dog fight with Duke until the half.

Tennessee lost to nobody. Iowa was on a dog fight with Miami OH. I could go on and on about Saturdays opening games.

The fact is, it was FAU. They arent very good. The offense and defense both looked great through the first quarter and a half, up 28-0. Then subs started coming in here and there and they lost focus.

I guess OSU could have been in a dog fight.....would that make some posters on here happier?

Last year they got in a close game with Oregon State. Last year they got a lot of stuff corrected, won the Rose Bowl and finished 3rd in the final BCS rankings after getting snubbed from the playoffs.

Things could be worse. New coach, new D coordinator, new QB. 28-0 start.

I see lots of great things happening in Columbus with areas for this staff to coach on from the game that was sloppy after going up 28-0.

This team will be ready for Cincy. Much more emotionally engaged than when they were up 28-0 Saturday.

Give them time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:46 am BOTH TEAMS COMING OFF OF DOMINATING WINS. LUKE FICKELL BACK IN THER SHOE. COACHING AGAINST THE TEAM HE WAS PREVIOUSLY A PLAYER, ALL AMERICAN, AND COACH FOR. YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE AMMO THAN THAT. HE WANTS TO PROVE HIS WORTH AFTER THAT FAILED YEAR AT OSU COACHING WHERE HE WAS THROWN TO THE LIONS COMPLETELY HAMSTRUNG. NOW IT'S A HORSEOF A DIFFERENT COLOR. AND HE COMES KNOCKIN BACK ON THE BUCKEYES FRONT DOOR. OHIO STATE LOOKED GREAT THE 1ST QUARTER AGAIN FAU, AND THEN SLEEPWALKED THROUGH THE SECOND HALF WITH A SEVERE LACK OF FOCUS ON OFFENSE.
MEANWHILE THE BEARCATS WERE SLATHERING THE UCLA BRUINS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. THE BEARCATS HAVE HUGE TIGHT ENDS, HUGE BACKS, PLAY FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL. AND LOOK TO BE A HANDFUL. IF THE BUCKEYES APPROACH THIS GAME LIKE THE 2ND HALF OF THE OWLS GAME. THEN WE MAY GET OUR PURDUE GAME OUT OF THE WAY EARLY. BECAUSE THIS ONE'S GONNA GET REAL.
of course these are my thoughts and mine alone. just curious how everybody else sees it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I certainly hope you are right red. I expect it of them. and the bearcats looked very focused during their game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 am is that better county. ole bait is goin through some things right now. let's talk foosball. and get real about the matchup.

The Mans Back!!!!! Atta boy Bait!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This by no means is going to be a walk in the park...I just don't see Fickle coming back home and laying down.....as we all know....he's going to be the exact opposite. They are big....they play hard....and most importantly they play fundamentally sound football. They looked good against a PAC12 school in UCLA.....UCLA may be where they are...but Cincy took it to them...…on paper by all means the Bucks should roll the Bearcats up....on paper that is...…you still have to go out and play 4qrters of football....which is where we may get more than we bargained for...…if they come out...laser focused firing on all aspects of the game....then by all means...we take care of business handily...…come out flat, no emotion, sloppy and let the bearcats in it...…well...……I will so no more...….

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm Bama was in a dog fight with Duke until the half.

Tennessee lost to nobody. Iowa was on a dog fight with Miami OH. I could go on and on about Saturdays opening games.

The fact is, it was FAU. They arent very good. The offense and defense both looked great through the first quarter and a half, up 28-0. Then subs started coming in here and there and they lost focus.

I guess OSU could have been in a dog fight.....would that make some posters on here happier?

Last year they got in a close game with Oregon State. Last year they got a lot of stuff corrected, won the Rose Bowl and finished 3rd in the final BCS rankings after getting snubbed from the playoffs.

I see lots of great things happening in Columbus with areas for this staff to coach on from the game that was sloppy after going up 28-0.

This team will be ready for Cincy. Much more emotionally engaged than when they were up 28-0 Saturday.

Give them time.

red, im with you until the subs part. OSU subs should be lightyears better than FAU. good luck to Minford this year

KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

Cincy is a much better team, in all facets, than FAU. I feel the O line played poorly for the buckeyes last week. They will need a much better performance this week or it will be a struggle.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

91blue14 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm Bama was in a dog fight with Duke until the half.

Give them time.

red, im with you until the subs part. OSU subs should be lightyears better than FAU. good luck to Minford this year
I am not in Minford anymore but I hope they have a good year as well.

I think the subs did have an impact and was some of the difference between the first quarter's performance vs the second half.

Its not that they are not as talented, its that they are just getting their first reps. Less reps in practice and then being put in a game. A game that had 100k+ people.

On top of that, FAUs players had kinda settled in at that point. The subs were just getting on the field. Nerves, mental mistakes......they make a difference. Talent wise OSUs second string is more talented than most lower level D1 starters. But the nerves and big stage can make players make mental mistakes, even if they are far more talented.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

KSW wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:20 am Cincy is a much better team, in all facets, than FAU. I feel the O line played poorly for the buckeyes last week. They will need a much better performance this week or it will be a struggle.
I'm with you, whoever you is.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:03 am
91blue14 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Give them time.

I am not in Minford anymore but I hope they have a good year as well.

I think the subs did have an impact and was some of the difference between the first quarter's performance vs the second half.

Its not that they are not as talented, its that they are just getting their first reps. Less reps in practice and then being put in a game. A game that had 100k+ people.

On top of that, FAUs players had kinda settled in at that point. The subs were just getting on the field. Nerves, mental mistakes......they make a difference. Talent wise OSUs second string is more talented than most lower level D1 starters. But the nerves and big stage can make players make mental mistakes, even if they are far more talented.
reps is a very good point im with ya

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

believe ill be attending this one...…..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope you have a blessed time county.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Getum Luke........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT INCHES, YOU JUST HAIN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

epic potential here. possible instant classic.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just watched the replay from the 2002 game. Man oh man were the Buckeyes ever lucky in that game! One pass reception and history would have been totally different. Seems like the whole season was like that.

Return to “College Sports”