#1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: #1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

Post by OHHS old timer »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:55 pm I got a feeling LSU is going to surprise some people and probably wins if Tua is a no go. Almost everybody is picking Bama so it's a perfect storm for an LSU victory but we will see. Only thing that worries me is Saban having two weeks to prepare.
That last sentence sums it up! Great point, cbolt!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Get it done Joe

Its all in the hips
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both teams will score points but I'd lean more on an unknown Bama team than the defense of LSU that has looked very questionable at times.

Bama 38
LSU 27

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LSU.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

LSU best linebacker just left the team the other day so the defense has another question mark to ponder.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Oh boy! That's not good. Why did he leave, Bolt? Someone will fill right in there, IMO. Someone waiting to shine behind him I bet. At that level, there's a good one on the sideline somewhere just itching to get in there.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 pm Oh boy! Not good. Why did he leave, Bolt?
I'm not sure why he left either, but I think I read last night on Eleven Warriors, that LSU also had a defensive Tackle leave the team.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:03 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 pm Oh boy! Not good. Why did he leave, Bolt?
I'm not sure why he left either, but I think I read last night on Eleven Warriors, that LSU also had a defensive Tackle leave the team.
Wow! Not good at all. Next guys up is all they can do. These guys just up and quit, or what?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 pm LSU best linebacker just left the team the other day so the defense has another question mark to ponder.
He has missed multiple games this season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He said personal reasons. He missed three games this year, one for injury and the other games for "coaches decision" which sounds like he messed up. He was leading the team in sacks. The other guy also left for personal reasons. He started one game and played in 5 others. Very strange things going on down there right now.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Bama wins this game on defense and ends Joe B's run as the Heisman front runner.

LSU missing a couple of key players now on defense doesnt help. Although if Tua is not totally healthy, that could be the equalizer that LSU needs to win this game.

It should be a good one. I think both offenses are very good but both defenses could collapse to the opposing offense.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 pm He said personal reasons. He missed three games this year, one for injury and the other games for "coaches decision" which sounds like he messed up. He was leading the team in sacks. The other guy also left for personal reasons. He started one game and played in 5 others. Very strange things going on down there right now.
Although I like the *old school* persona of LSU coach Ed
Orgeron, I guess what I would think to be his style of discipline probably does not sit well with all players in today's permissive society.

As to the game, although I want LSU to win, I think Bama will prevail at home. Burrow will have a great game, but come up just short in the end. Even with a hobbled Tua, Roll Tide simply has better athletes on defense than do the Chinese Bandits.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:41 pm
cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 pm He said personal reasons. He missed three games this year, one for injury and the other games for "coaches decision" which sounds like he messed up. He was leading the team in sacks. The other guy also left for personal reasons. He started one game and played in 5 others. Very strange things going on down there right now.
Although I like the *old school* persona of LSU coach Ed
Orgeron, I guess what I would think to be his style of discipline probably does not sit well with all players in today's permissive society.

As to the game, although I want LSU to win, I think Bama will prevail at home. Burrow will have a great game, but come up just short in the end. Even with a hobbled Tua, Roll Tide simply has better athletes on defense than do the Chinese Bandits.
Agree completely about hoping that LSU will win, but it won't be easy. Witch ever team loses, I still hope that its by a good margin so as to take a little "Shine" off of that mystic of how much greater the SEC is every year compared to every other team and conference. The SEC is a very good conference about every year, but they do have there bottom dwellers most years also. The only problem being, that the Media and a couple of the Networks, never ever even mention those teams and how bad they are a lot of the time.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

As a 50+ year Bama fan, let me say a few things:
1. Right now, OSU is playing the best football all- around of any team in the country. (man that was tough to type lol)
2. LSU is coming to Tuscaloosa on Saturday with a few defensive players missing. I still think they will pressure Tue or Jones and WOULD NOT be surprised if LSU wins.
3. Bama IS NOT playing up to par on defense. We are starting two, true freshmen at ILB's and they are killing us on the short, passing game. Our DL IS NOT getting pressure on the QB with consistency, leaving our DB on an island in man to man. Our field goal kicker is an adventure every time he stops on the field.
4. The rankings that came out Tuesday night from ESPN is only a start. Bama/LSU will knock one team out, OSU/Penn St. in two weeks will knock another team out and then Oregon/Utah, later in the year will knock one of them out. When I say knock out, I mean the top 4.

If Burrow has time to throw, he will pick us apart and LSU will win.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

alabama mike wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:39 am As a 50+ year Bama fan, let me say a few things:
1. Right now, OSU is playing the best football all- around of any team in the country. (man that was tough to type lol)
2. LSU is coming to Tuscaloosa on Saturday with a few defensive players missing. I still think they will pressure Tue or Jones and WOULD NOT be surprised if LSU wins.
3. Bama IS NOT playing up to par on defense. We are starting two, true freshmen at ILB's and they are killing us on the short, passing game. Our DL IS NOT getting pressure on the QB with consistency, leaving our DB on an island in man to man. Our field goal kicker is an adventure every time he stops on the field.
4. The rankings that came out Tuesday night from ESPN is only a start. Bama/LSU will knock one team out, OSU/Penn St. in two weeks will knock another team out and then Oregon/Utah, later in the year will knock one of them out. When I say knock out, I mean the top 4.

Just like another poster already said, Saban has had 2 weeks to prepare. You know a lot more about Bama than I do, and just what you just said, "If" Burrow has time to throw? As BR said earlier, I'm not completely sold on LSU's defense a lot of the time. Should be a great ballgame, especially if Bama's QB is okay to play ?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burrow needs this win. Go LSU
Last edited by noreply66 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

alabama mike wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:39 am As a 50+ year Bama fan, let me say a few things:

Figured I see your name pop up on a thread eventually this fall.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:15 pm Barrow needs this win. Go LSU
I see what you did there. Changed it to a Logan name :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:57 am
noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:15 pm Barrow needs this win. Go LSU
I see what you did there. Changed it to a Logan name :lol:
Sorry about that....Burrow

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The winner of this game will knock the Bucks back down to number two in the playoff rankings. Saban being tight lipped about Tua. Somehow I think ole Nick knows more than he is letting on. 8-)

Return to “College Sports”