Duke v OSU

Peake
SEOP

Duke v OSU

Post by Peake »

1. It is at Ohio so I expect OSU to play very well.

2. You should be able to tell within the first 5 minutes or so if Duke is shooting the ball well. If they are this will be a game.

3. The battle down low. Expect Miles Plumlee to use all 5 fouls down low. Sully should be able to face up and take either Kelly or Mason Plumlee off the dribble.

4. Can OSU keep Austin Rivers out of the lane? When he slashes good things happen for Duke.

5. Can't let Dawkins set up and shot.

I think OSU gets it done at home, but Duke sticks around and makes it a free throw contest the last 2 minutes.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Re: Duke v OSU

Post by run-n-gun »

Ohio State is on a, what, 27 game home win streak? I don't expect them to lose. Sully should go off inside, Craft should handle Rivers pretty well. He probably hasn't seen a defender like him yet this year. And I have a feeling Bufford goes off tonight.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I agree with most, but Hardaway Jr is the best defender in the conference, so Rivers has seen as good or better. I doubt Rivers get "handled" by anyone this year.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

I think Ohio State wins but I'll say this, if Duke wins they should be (but won't be) #1 in the nation. They've played a great schedule thus far. Belmont was considered pre-season as one of the top mid-majors this season, Michigan State and then three games in three days in Maui vs. Tennessee, Michigan and Kansas. And now Ohio State? Strong.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Just heard Duke had to take two separate planes to get here - 1 for the team, and 1 for the Austin Rivers hype.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

I'm pretty sure Hardaway Jr. wasnt recognized on the Big Ten all defensive team last year. Craft and Jordan Taylor are the only returners to the conference with that title. He's a good defender but in my opinion and many others behind those two.
Just wanted to throw that in there (may be a little bias).
GO BUCKS!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Hardaway Jr was THE TOP DEFENDER for the US National Team.

I will take Hardaway Jr over Craft on D.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

don't have to be on the all defensive team to be a good defender. I doubt that craft handles rivers...besides that i think Ohio State wins in a close game don't see anyone really stopping Sullinger but I wouldn't be surprised if Duke wins, been battle tested this year, Ohio state hasn't besides florida

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Rivers out of the game within the first 4 minutes. Couldn't handle the pressure!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good first half by the Bucks. Keep it going second half.

LETS GO BUCKS!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Can't decide what's better, Bucks first half, or Coach K crying about not getting calls.

Hey coach, they don't call the flop in the Big 10!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rivers is a special player.

Ohio State is a special TEAM.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Can't decide what's better, Bucks first half, or Coach K crying about not getting calls.

Could not have said it any better myself. Keep rolling Bucks. Thad Matta has no real PR issues, nor do his players. Wow, that is refreshing........... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Can't decide what's better, Bucks first half, or Coach K crying about not getting calls.

His crying is paying off to an extent. Duke has gotten several reach in calls that were considered just good defense the first half.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Great gameplan from Matta to not get caught up in slowing down Rivers with Craft.

Instead Craft has made Steph Curry a non issue.

Rivers is very good, but OSU has focused on stopping the Duke team, not the Duke star.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

OSU looks like the real deal at this point.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Curry came in shooting 57% from 3, tonight 1-6 so far.

AARON CRAFT!!!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Great performance by the Buckeyes! Sullinger did a solid job throughout of controlling the boards and getting his points. Craft was brilliant as usual, and Thomas showed off his offensive skills. The Buckeyes were extremely motivated to win this game. Duke looked stunned by the quick start, and they were not physically prepared for the Buckeyes strength and athleticism and were not mentally prepared for the emotions from the crowd and team. Great win for Ohio State. Keep it rolling!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

a great win...complete domination by the Buckeyes.

LETS GO BUCKS!!!

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Well, that sucked.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “College Sports”