Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Allstate Sugar Bowl (CFP Semi): #3 Ohio State 49 vs. #2 Clemson 28

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Date: Friday, January 1

Time: 8:00pm

TV: ESPN

What are your thoughts on this one?
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Allstate Sugar Bowl (CFP Semi): #3 Ohio State vs. #2 Clemson

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bucks play 4 quarters like they are able to and they win 31-27. If they don't, they lose by 10-14.

Sermon must have another big game as teams have ran the ball effectively against Clemson this year.

We will see how prepared Day can get this team and how a fully healthy team with 10 days of preparation can play.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Dabo has OSU ranked #11 in his final Coaches Poll of the season. So that should serve as a little motivation.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tbeh would have beat them a year ago with dishing four the BiG10s Physical style of play. Chase young snd the boys knocked Lawrence for loops upon loops until the refs stepped in and called the dogs off. When that Happened. The game changed.

I like our chances. Play our style of football. Beat em up Physically and fore unite use that “OSU can’t beat them and don’t deserve to be there “ for more motivation then ya ever have.

We come out playing with a chip on our shoulder. Playing not to lose and playing to win. Attack. Physically dominate the LOS they’ll score. There’s no doubt about that. But slow em down some and beat em up doing it. Win the games within the game , capitalize on opportunities and we will be just fine.

Get healthy !!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The Buckeyes have struggled to find any sense of rhythm on both offense and defense. This is mostly because of the lack of game time for the young secondary. They aren’t going to get any more games in, so they better buckle up and be ready.

I really think OSU has to score 40 to win this one, and I think they can, if the Oline plays well.

Been awhile since anyone saw me around. I really don’t have a lot of time to get on this page much, but I’m still around and lock-in’.

Moved down to Waverly, but I’m keeping the screen name. 😏

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Ah there's that old Woody avatar we been missing. Nice to see you again dubby dub dub. As for the game I agree with Dubby I think TOSU will have to score a lot of points to win and this will be by far the best defense they seen all year imo when they are all in there. In the Notre Dame loss their best linebacker plus another one were missing. We seen how they shut them down after they came back. I think it will be closer than the Buckeye haters are thinking but don't see our beloved team winning.
On a good note the saftey who intercepted the pass last year to end it will miss the first half due to that targeting call. I put that one on dummy Dabo. I was saying before that even happened what in the heck are the starters even still in there for ? The game was well in control then that happened. I'm gonna predict Clemson 38 Bucks 21

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State, if you believe the recruiting analytics, has the talent to be able to defeat Clemson. Yet as Dubs pointed out because of the disruptions to the season, they simply have not been able to develop that talent into consistent team play. Maybe State can make a game of it if Sermon has another heroic performance and Fields regains his lost confidence. After all the law of averages should favor the Bucks after four straight losses to the Tigers. Yet setting emotion aside, Clemson should pull away late to win, 45-24.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have no faith in the Buckeyes winning this one.
I hope I am wrong.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not many puttin faith in Day and his troops.

With a healthy squad. They can do this. No reason they can’t.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:07 pm Not many puttin faith in Day and his troops.

With a healthy squad, they can certainly win.

I love how Ryan Day is very cool and collected in front of the cameras. In the locker room the guy is a monster. Not sure if you have seen the video clip of his locker room speech, but its good. He is fired up. This team is fired up.

The key will be to move the ball offensively and avoid the knockout blows from Clemson early on. I think if we can do those and keep it close through the first few possessions, we win.

Lets not forget that Clemson played against total garbage in the ACC this year.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

OSU gets a late TD and Clemson wins by 10. Playing less than 1/2 a season OSU can't overcome.
Better check records of Clemson opponents this year. 7 games against teams with .500 or better record.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

With the few intra conference games played this season, strength of schedule is hard to measure. Yet, outside of Indiana and Northwestern, the remainder of the teams OSU actually played could only muster 8 wins between themselves. Not exactly a murders row and the Bucks only managed to dispatch Michigan State with style points.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:35 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:07 pm Not many puttin faith in Day and his troops.

I love how Ryan Day is very cool and collected in front of the cameras. In the locker room the guy is a monster. Not sure if you have seen the video clip of his locker room speech, but its good. He is fired up. This team is fired up.

The key will be to move the ball offensively and avoid the knockout blows from Clemson early on. I think if we can do those and keep it close through the first few possessions, we win.

I agree 110% Red.....we gotta be healthy....no if and or about it....without a full healthy squad. The task is going to be a tall one. VERY tall one......

BUT.....

It is the Ohio State Buckeyes and they too give out full ride scholarships to the finest athletes out there. The athletes the Bucks have land them a top spot in the recruiting world yearly.

And I am LOYAL and TRUE buckeye fan. I am behind my Buckeyes regardless of any situation. I love it when they win and i stand beside them even MORE when we come up short. There is no part time love from me towards the team. Win lose or draw I’ll be there supporting my team. It kills me to see people knock bash n count them out before the opening kickoff even happens.

So red....we will stand tall snd proud with them. We will root them on. We will support our team because we have the heart for them. Us loyal fans aren’t part time fans.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

OSU has talent over the field. Just the same as Clemson does. Our team has a point to prove. And I entrust Ryan Day will have this group together and ready to play both physically and mentally.

The Buckeyes can do this. And I am sure that Ryan Day is letting the team know that the world is against them including their own personal part-time fans.....

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:31 pm OSU gets a late TD and Clemson wins by 10. Playing less than 1/2 a season OSU can't overcome.
Better check records of Clemson opponents this year. 7 games against teams with .500 or better record.
I concur. If OSU D plays like it did vs Indiana...well...it won't be pretty.

The OTSBDI predicts....Ohio St. 24....Clemson 42. Lawrence has very good WRs and Mr. Everything, Travis Etienne.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I am glad Day has the good sense to play it cool in front of the camera. Sweeny obviously does not. Blowhard!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:42 pm

I am glad Day has the good sense to play it cool in front of the camera. Sweeny obviously does not. Blowhard!

Of course there is an Instagram of Ryan Day being rather fiery in a locker room speech after the Northwestern game. The language is rather salty so I will not post it. Still you are correct on Swinney. His shtick gets rather old, but he defends his program and players. Dabo always is seeking an edge with the media, the opponents and the refs, and it seems to work especially against the Buckeyes. Until Ohio State can beat the Tigers and earn some respect, Dabo is going to keep on jawing.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I need my man “you’re tiger bait” to get on the thread so I can least have one other person on here to be rooting for the Buckeyes.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Late start, secondary issues, more of a factory shipping out players you are bound to have some recalls, doesn't mean i'm not behind them, i don't believe in fields to be the answer and bucks went all in on him, who is the last starter at QB to get us over the hump, go bucks, go osu, go and run the dang ball, signed an old school throwback buckeye, #therock and that isn't a hashtag, and i'm outside singing carmen ohio with cee grant over the speakers gotta love it and this is the longest run on sentence you will ever read

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

https://apple.news/ApfrSuQnQT9-DyoykMF2CsA

Dabo diggin on the Bucks a little more.

I do understand what he says about the games played. But i quickly think what the entire 2020 year has been. Like. So in reality it’s just another part of the crazy time we are going through. The games set. Regardless if 95% of the people on here are giving the Bucks ZERO chance and Dabo saying they don’t deserve to be there.

Return to “College Sports”