Ohio State suspends three more

Peake
SEOP

Re: Ohio State suspends three more

Post by Peake »

I didn't say a single negative word about OSU, I simply stated facts that I didn't see included on this thread.

I don't know any lawyers in Ohio, sorry, but if you come up North my wife can represent you, or any of her fellow DUke Law grads.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

For full coverage in the threads. lol

The three suspended players were reinstated by the NCAA today. (Tuesday)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think they need to pay $200 to charity in order to be reinstated. A couple of handshakes should take care of that. :lol:
sorry, couldn't resist. :oops:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

So who has an extra $600 laying around? LOL.

The return of Hall and Howard are definitely not going to hurt, but I would be surprised to see them play really well since this is they first game of the season. To some extent, they have to feel a little out of place over what happened. It will be interesting to see how they can contribute.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Mentioned on Toledo game thread, old news now.

Also, two other players attended the event and took no money, and have no issues with the NCAA, bet you won't see that on the ticker!
The two other players did what is expected of them... followed the rules.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I haven't followed this closely but, have they been allowed to practice during the suspension?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

An NCAA suspension is for Gameday only, the players can have zero team contact on Gameday, and cannot use team facilities on Gameday.

They can and have practiced, though if they know they are suspended, their roles in practice are diminished.

The "Tat 5", they are practicing with the scout team, which actually gets them reps against the #1s, though they are with subs (Example: Posey is catching balls from Guiton this week, but is paired up against #1 CB)

The "Charity 3", thought they were cleared last week, and only missed the Sunday reps this week, Monday is off day. So they have missed little to no practice time, and have been with the players at their string on the depth chart.

Return to “College Sports”