Tebow and Boomer

Speedofsand
Varsity

Tebow and Boomer

Post by Speedofsand »

This piece was written by the grandpa of Boomer Hornbeck, a 7 year old boy who had the best day of his life (twice) earlier this month.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/sep ... e-meets-h/

In March, Boomer had undergone extensive surgery on his legs which required him to be in a full-length cast (which they applied in orange and blue). Boomer’s goal was to be able to get out of his wheelchair and walk up to shake Meyer’s hand when they met at Winged Foot. Boomer did not want to be in his wheelchair when he met his favorite coach.

I had explained all of this to Meyer prior to the event but I’m not sure he was emotionally prepared to watch Boomer struggle to get out of his chair and painfully take the two or three steps necessary to approach him. Meyer got down on one knee in order to meet and speak to Boomer and you could tell immediately he was moved by what he had just witnessed.

....Many Florida fans refer to Tebow as “Superman.” I used to snicker when I heard this. Not anymore

Peake
SEOP

Re: Tebow and Boomer

Post by Peake »

I get what you are doing here, but it is getting really old. We all know you are a huge Florida fan, but you are smothering us with this stuff. This is a cool story, but honestly, I can say it happens all over the country. Michigan goes to the Mott Children's hospital every week, they visited a camp for critically ill children and hung out with them throughout the summer. Ever read the story about what Lloyd Carr and Rich Rod did for Elliot Mealers brother after he suffered an injury that left him paralyzed?

Not trying to squash good vibes, but seriously, I am sure good deeds are being done at every University.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Peake there is a time to just be quiet and that was one time.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

peake,
I've looked at some other threads you post on. You like to call others ignorant. You like to brag about Michigan. You think you know it all. And you feel the need to post that above. I think you should be able to ignore a thread and not show your jerk side on the internet for all the world to see.
This is a college sports forum, how many threads am I allowed in YOUR opinion ? Do I post more about Florida than you do about Michigan ?
Are you mad because you could not prove me wrong before ?

Here is a pic for your dartboard peake...

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I don't need anything Florida for my dart board---- 2-0 :oops:

I do however enjoy watching Jamar Adams come through the line of scrimmage and drill Tebow :122246

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Grow up

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Maybe you could do the same. I am tired of hearing about Tebow. I have observed very few replies to your posts, so that leads me to the conclusion that so are most people. Most in Big Ten Country are not interested in several threads about Florida football. I have no problems with you posting about Florida, but condense them into a single thread. You enjoy twisting my words. You took what I said out of context. We all know Tebow is a good guy, it is drilled into the entire nations head daily.

There are stories like this every where that do not get national exposure is all I am saying. I am tired of hearing about Tebow (though I respect him as a player and person).

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Speedofsand wrote:peake,
I've looked at some other threads you post on. You like to call others ignorant. You like to brag about Michigan. You think you know it all. And you feel the need to post that above. I think you should be able to ignore a thread and not show your jerk side on the internet for all the world to see.
This is a college sports forum, how many threads am I allowed in YOUR opinion ? Do I post more about Florida than you do about Michigan ?
Are you mad because you could not prove me wrong before ?

Here is a pic for your dartboard peake...

Great post, spot on, and great photo of Tebow.

Return to “College Sports”