West Virginia
@ Bowling Green
Ohio

thoughts?

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Re: Marshall Football 2010

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

That's a tough schedule with 4 bowl teams in the opening, especially with a road trip to Columbus and a visit from West Virginia. Ohio lost to MU and Bowling Green was beat by Idaho in a bowl game. Can't remember if BG's stud reciever is a senior or not.

They'll grow up fast that's for sure. I don't think they'll beat Ohio State or West Virginia. They'll beat Bowling Green and the Ohio game is a toss up, but because it's on the road, Marshall would have the upper hand.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

They should be ready for their conference slate - that's for sure.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

fuzzhead wrote:They should be ready for their conference slate - that's for sure.

if no one gets hurt,playing some big teams to start the season :o :o

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i wish them luck, but i'm a huge mark snyder fan.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Did I see in the herald Dispatch that they compared Marshall to what Boise State is doing now? Do they really believe that what Marshall did, by beating an Conference USA team way back when was groundbreaking? What a hullicinating state these Marshall fans are in.
Marshall will be a 9 win team next year.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i wish them luck, but i'm a huge mark snyder fan.

So your a fan of mediocrity? This team should've won nine games this year. They gave away the UCF, WVU and ECU games. The man did not know how to put away a game, plain and simple. Synder's overall record should've gotten him fired last season.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

85inside wrote:Did I see in the herald Dispatch that they compared Marshall to what Boise State is doing now? Do they really believe that what Marshall did, by beating an Conference USA team way back when was groundbreaking? What a hullicinating state these Marshall fans are in.

Yes, that is right. Marshall was the first non-BCS school ranked in the top 10 and the first one to go undefeated in 1999. Marshall has the record for the most wins for a school in their first year in D-1A. Marshall had 117 wins in the 1990s and won five straight bowl games. If you read the article it even talks about The Boise head coach at the time, Hawkins I think, calling Bob Pruitt about making the transition like they did and he giving him advice. Marshall success in D-IA came before Boise States run.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

marshallman wrote:
85inside wrote:Did I see in the herald Dispatch that they compared Marshall to what Boise State is doing now? Do they really believe that what Marshall did, by beating an Conference USA team way back when was groundbreaking? What a hullicinating state these Marshall fans are in.

Yes, that is right. Marshall was the first non-BCS school ranked in the top 10 and the first one to go undefeated in 1999. Marshall has the record for the most wins for a school in their first year in D-1A. Marshall had 117 wins in the 1990s and won five straight bowl games. If you read the article it even talks about The Boise head coach at the time, Hawkins I think, calling Bob Pruitt about making the transition like they did and he giving him advice. Marshall success in D-IA came before Boise States run.

This makes my day. Laughter is good for the soul. My soul is overflowing today. Thanks for the good read. I was in a coma when marshall played in a major bowl. Could you please forward me the video of thoses bowl games?

Back to topic. I think marshall wins the Ohio game next year. the other three should be losses. many Marshall fans are probably counting the Bowling Green game as a win, but Marshall wont win up there next year. it is a good year to be Doc Holliday. He needs to get in, win with Snyders players and get a bigger job in year 3 or so.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Tulane and Miami, OH did the same thing before Marshall. If I am not mistaken Miami, OH has finished in the top 5ish before (could be wrong).

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

85inside wrote:
marshallman wrote:

This makes my day. Laughter is good for the soul. My soul is overflowing today. Thanks for the good read. I was in a coma when marshall played in a major bowl. Could you please forward me the video of thoses bowl games?

Back to topic. I think marshall wins the Ohio game next year. the other three should be losses. many Marshall fans are probably counting the Bowling Green game as a win, but Marshall wont win up there next year. it is a good year to be Doc Holliday. He needs to get in, win with Snyders players and get a bigger job in year 3 or so.

Nobody said Marshall blazed the trail by playing in the first BCS bowl games. LOL!at your ignorance. It was comparing the success of winning. Marshall could be in a coma next year and beat any MAC school on the sch. They are considered the "soft" part of the schedule next year. Warm up games for C-USA.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Bowling Green will beat them. Ohio will not.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

85inside wrote:Bowling Green will beat them. Ohio will not.

If they land Clemson transfer Willy Korn they will...if not....I don't care.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If Willy transfered after this season, he can't play at OU till 2011.
So, this seasons game wouldn't matter.

Not familiar with his transfer date though.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

i wasn't aware that Korn was transferring. Is there a particular reason he is considering the Bobcats?

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

bigtimehitter wrote:i wasn't aware that Korn was transferring. Is there a particular reason he is considering the Bobcats?

Actually Korn may end up at Marshall.....has already contacted Doc and Doc is interested.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Wow, did not know that.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Looks like Marshall may not be mediocre much longer! :mrgreen:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/m ... ommitments

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

earp wrote:Looks like Marshall may not be mediocre much longer! :mrgreen:

Wow, soundds like they have recieved some verbals some very good athletes. But I can't help but to think of all the troubled players that have extra baggage and off-field issues The Herd has signed in the past. Does anyone know what kind of character players these guys are?

Especially a 4 star recruit from St. Thomas Aquina, why Huntington, WV???

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

bigtimehitter wrote:
earp wrote:Looks like Marshall may not be mediocre much longer! :mrgreen:

Wow, soundds like they have recieved some verbals some very good athletes. But I can't help but to think of all the troubled players that have extra baggage and off-field issues The Herd has signed in the past. Does anyone know what kind of character players these guys are?
Especially a 4 star recruit from St. Thomas Aquina, why Huntington, WV???

The folks want wins. Not character. If they wanted character they wouldnt have ran Snyder off. They wanted him to clean it up. They didnt really want that.

Return to “College Sports”