Valenth's Conference Shakeup Thoughts

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Conference Shakeup Thoughts

Post by Valenth »

I know it's been a minute :D But I had to chime in on this.

Photo Attached... I got some thoughts.

#1. There's now a Power 4 Conference setup in 2024.
The PAC12 got completely gutted. An we all know what will happen with the PAC12... they're going after all that they can in the Mountain West Conference and completely evaporate that conference. But as of 2024. The PAC12 will become a Mid Major Conference no questions asked.

#2. The way these new Conferences are aligned Geographically. Make the SEC, B1G and BIG XII East/West Division and the ACC remains the Same. It makes 100% Sense.

#3. This shakeup will REALLY flip the script on the Playoff. They are going to an expanded Playoff scenario... with larger Conferences.. We will likely now have no excuses for teams to play FCS teams. Because every Conference can load up on new Conference opponents which strengthens all schedules.

#4. They need to take a move out of the Basketball scheduling book. Have an Conference vs. Conference Challenge. 1 week out of the schedule... Make this happen please.

#5. This new Shakeup REALLY hurts the Smaller Conferences and Independents. This will make it Ridiculously harder for an outside team to make the College Football Playoff. ESPECIALLY when it comes down to Resume. I could see Notre Dame Joining the ACC or even the B1G in the future.

Any other Thoughts? Share em!
Attachments
received_647138654043231.jpeg

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Conference Shakeup Thoughts

Post by OHHS old timer »

The PAC-12 had it coming...they hired folks who didn't know diddly poo about college football.

Gonna be interesting in the next couple of years...with both Clemson and FSU considering their options who knows.

The Noles were indy at one time prior to joining the ACC.

Stay tuned folks...

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Valenth's Conference Shakeup Thoughts

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think ND lands in the B1G. Geographically it just makes sense. With the SEC poaching teams, I think there is a strong possibility in the near future the ACC loses several big name schools to the B1G and SEC, which would put the ACC in a position similiar to what the PAC12 has been in for years.....Mediocre at best.

The B12 is also in a predicament. When they lose Oklahoma and Texas, they are going to be left with a bare cupboard. Baylor, OK St and TCU have had some good teams but nothing spectacular. I think the SEC will rule the roost in the southern US recruiting bed and will play a major effect on recruits.

Top talent isnt going to choose to play in the B12 if they are good enough to play on the bigger stage on a contending team from the SEC. Especially after OK and TX have already set up shop in the SEC.

Look for the B1G and SEC to be the 2 power conferences with 20-22 teams each when the smoke clears. The TV deals (especially now with USC, UCLA and others coming to the B1G and OK and TX to the SEC) have been structured for this to happen in the near future in terms with regular season games and playoffs. Its too bad FOX Sports didnt finish off E$PN a few years ago when they had them in their sights for the CFP TV contracts. I think FOX is much better for college football coverage than NBC. But they will all align eventually too so they all get their piece of the pie.

Anyone that thinks dollars arent what is driving these moves isnt paying attention.
Just my thoughts.

Return to “College Sports”