Marshall vs. #23 WVU

Post by therepublican »

Thoughts on this sold out game?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Marshall vs. #23 WVU

Post by Bleeding Red »

WVU will win by 21.

Marshall has a soft defense, they dont like to get hit, they really have a lackluster offense. Why would anyone expect more from a first year coach in a struggling football program like Marshall?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Really?

WVU rolls, and why should it be a bragging point that the game is sold out. The stadium is small, and they are hosting the in-state rival.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Dub..it wasn't a bragging point so stop trying to ignite fire..seriously. It is a big game for Marshall, nationally televised on ESPN, and you know it..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Marshall should have saved face and not scheduled 2 games like this in a row.....televised to beat all.

JMHO. It doesnt help recruiting when every kid in the nation watches you take 2 beatings in a row.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Bleeding Red wrote:Marshall should have saved face and not scheduled 2 games like this in a row.....televised to beat all.

JMHO. It doesnt help recruiting when every kid in the nation watches you take 2 beatings in a row.
I don't disagree with you on that one, but when OSU waves high dollars in your face to come get romped then you take the money...it is as much as a business as it is a sport..as sad as it is.

But I think they have a two game series with Purdue coming up..(Home then Away) which should be a little more balanced..I think this is the first time a Big Ten team has come to Marshall..that is what the Marshall Parthenon said..

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I believe the OSU/Marshall game was scheduled when Snyder was the head coach and was thought to be the head coach for the Herd for that game.

Stewart will find some way to keep Marshall in the game and make WVU look downtrodden, much like the Colorado game.

WVU should win this by 5 tds, if they don't, then Stewart's days should be numbered. Nice guy, but not a good head coach.

LETS GOOO, MOUNTAINEERS!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

therepublican wrote:Dub..it wasn't a bragging point so stop trying to ignite fire..seriously. It is a big game for Marshall, nationally televised on ESPN, and you know it..
Not trying to ignite anything, but ALL games should be sell outs when your stadium is that small,
and it's only a big game for one team involved.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
therepublican wrote:Dub..it wasn't a bragging point so stop trying to ignite fire..seriously. It is a big game for Marshall, nationally televised on ESPN, and you know it..
Not trying to ignite anything, but ALL games should be sell outs when your stadium is that small,
Agreed.

Marshall is 0 for the series.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:

That's why it's a bad game for WVU. Nothing to gain.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Marshall was winning late in the game

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

WVU in overtime, good game. Shows more of the weakness of the Big East than it does the strength of Marshall.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bigtimehitter wrote:WVU in overtime, good game. Shows more of the weakness of the Big East than it does the strength of Marshall.
agree

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

WVU's new AD, Oliver Luck, needs to consider where he wants this football program to go, because it is lossing ground with Stewart as the coach, IMO. Good guy, not a very good head coach.

WVU is very lucky to get a win against Marshall.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

A win is a win and as Buckeye fan......I know what it is like to beat Marshall by only a few points. I don't have short memory and will not knock a program for squeaking by an opponent!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Great game by Marshall, and I second what Hoggy had to say about the WVU win.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Marshall just doesnt know how to win. the coaching staff was lost in the 4th quarter, late in the game. They played not to lose, istead of playing to win.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Late in the game the dcoordinator should have let his nuts drop and stop playing his safties 22 yards off the ball. You had to know they would find holes in the middle of the field. How many times do you let a team throw a screen, hit the flats, or throw on and shallow underneath crossing route without adjusting? NO excuses. The fumble on the 4 changed the entire game, if they come out with at the very least a fg game over.

I will say this, any WVU fan who is arrogant enough to say we have nothing to gain by playing Marshall needs to get a life. Name a state where there are two d1 programs in the state that don't play one another.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Hoggy wrote:A win is a win and as Buckeye fan......I know what it is like to beat Marshall by only a few points. I don't have short memory and will not knock a program for squeaking by an opponent!
By no means am I bashing WVU here, a win is a win and yes The Bucks won by the same point total, actually the exact same score. But when you are the team representing your conference and pre-season favorite to win your conference, they should have came into this game more focused and prepared. Granted Marshall playing this game is their "National Title" each season and they come in hyped and putting everything on the line to win this game, they played with more intensity and desire, but came up short. I think that falls back on coaching and Bill Stewart. I think he seems to be a heck of a guy, but I wouldn't want him to be head coaching the team that I root for and suuport, he'd make a great neighbor, not so much a head coach.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Where is FANOSPORT? I guess he would rank Desale and Cin. Moll with WVU. :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”